Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Processing Times for NSC: July 05, 2006.

Are they serious????? :bonk::ranting: I hope that's a typo.

LOL! I REALLY hope that's a typo. But even if it should be July 05 2007 then that means I'm 5 months out of the window, which also isn't funny.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

I see a lot of threads about starting a law suit. I'm just curious what the basis of it would be. Did the USCIS guarantee when (and if) an application would be processed? We can't really sue them for taking their sweet time. Can we?

I just feel that even if a hundred of us went up against the USCIS, we would waste years in court and have nothing to show for it other than huge legal bills.

If we file to remove conditions AND the USCIS gives a one year extention upon receipt of the petition (and, might I add, cashing of out checks) then it seems reasonable to expect that within that one year the petition would be acted upon in some fashion.

If the USCIS is unable to act within that one year then they should at least refund the money and/OR at least send out a new green card with an automatic 2 year expiration date until the petition is adjudicated.

A green card is supposed to be the only evidence needed by an alien to carry around to show proof of legal residence. Now we have to carry the passport around as well? Having to carry around two pieces of documention when one is sufficient ONLY because an agency of the United States goverment exhibits such inefficiency and/or incompetency is not acceptable to this taxpayer. The fact that some here just brush it off and shrug their shoulders further inflames me.

I expect such bureaucratic incompetence from a third world country. The fact that we tolerate it here and allow our representatives in Washington to stick us with this ####### is even more unacceptable to me.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I see a lot of threads about starting a law suit. I'm just curious what the basis of it would be. Did the USCIS guarantee when (and if) an application would be processed? We can't really sue them for taking their sweet time. Can we?

I just feel that even if a hundred of us went up against the USCIS, we would waste years in court and have nothing to show for it other than huge legal bills.

If we file to remove conditions AND the USCIS gives a one year extention upon receipt of the petition (and, might I add, cashing of out checks) then it seems reasonable to expect that within that one year the petition would be acted upon in some fashion.

If the USCIS is unable to act within that one year then they should at least refund the money and/OR at least send out a new green card with an automatic 2 year expiration date until the petition is adjudicated.

A green card is supposed to be the only evidence needed by an alien to carry around to show proof of legal residence. Now we have to carry the passport around as well? Having to carry around two pieces of documention when one is sufficient ONLY because an agency of the United States goverment exhibits such inefficiency and/or incompetency is not acceptable to this taxpayer. The fact that some here just brush it off and shrug their shoulders further inflames me.

I expect such bureaucratic incompetence from a third world country. The fact that we tolerate it here and allow our representatives in Washington to stick us with this ####### is even more unacceptable to me.

Well,no everybody here seems to care that much if they have to wait one year or five years for this stupid application to be approved. Some guy even asked why are we in a hurry ,if you can believe that !

Yes I agree, you would expect something like this to come from a banana republic country but USCIS proves to be just as bad maybe even worst .

I think only through the media we can make this public and maybe somebody up there will take a look and see what's going on and where are all the money they grabbed for some work they were supposed to do.

From February 10,2007 they jumped back to July 5,2006 ....how could this be possible ? Bunch of idiots

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

i cant believe this!! july, 06? are you kidding me? so not only they are slow, they are going backwards! this is bunch a bs let me tell you. what happens when the 1 year extension expires? am i supposed to get an infopass app. to get a stamp or something? this is all really screwed up!

.................(US)Dan and Simona(LT).........

02/11/2004 - NOA1

07/13/2004 - NOA2!!! FINALLY APPROVED!!!! (153 days) Happy Happy day!!!

09/10/2004 - INTERVIEW in Warsaw(Approved)

11/06/2004 - Got married in Arizona! Mr. and Mrs. now :)

AOS timeline

12/23/2004 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

01/25/2005 - EAD Approved!

01/26/2005 - AP Approved!

08/16/2005 - AOS interview in Chicago! The I-551 stamp received.

08/22/2005 - Permanent Resident Card received! On hubby's birthday :)

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/24/2007 - Sent I-751 to Nebraska service center.

05/26/07 - NSC received our application.

06/09/07 - Notice received(NOA dated 5/31)

06/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/02/08 - case transferred from NSC to CSC

04/03/08 - touched

05/06/08 - APPROVED

05/12/08 - Received Permanent Resident Card (done with immigration untill the citizenship. Will wait till Lithuania and USA gets dual citizenship agreement)

i cant believe this!! july, 06? are you kidding me? so not only they are slow, they are going backwards! this is bunch a bs let me tell you. what happens when the 1 year extension expires? am i supposed to get an infopass app. to get a stamp or something? this is all really screwed up!

I did not believe until today we have the technology for timetravel - but apparently USCIS does! It is outrageous.

I wonder if all of us stalled at NSC should start contacting respective congresspeople with these dates, as well as the fact we are stuck with NSC. I have already contacted mine, and just sent off the new dates.

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

I think it is a typo and they meant July 07 not 06 well let s call them and ask them what year they meant ? anyone up to do that?

If they meant 2007, then I'm still waiting for mine to be come through! At this point I think they are just stonewalling those of us stalled at NSC. :angry:

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Timeline
I think it is a typo and they meant July 07 not 06 well let s call them and ask them what year they meant ? anyone up to do that?

If they meant 2007, then I'm still waiting for mine to be come through! At this point I think they are just stonewalling those of us stalled at NSC. :angry:

It would not be the first time when they go back processing these application .There is no logical explanation about how they go around working on our cases and I'm sure ....lots of people will call them on Monday .

I have contacted my Congressman also, I will do it again this Monday . I also sent a few e-mails to CNN and hopefully somebody will contact me to describe more in detail our situation.

Nebraska should be shut down completely and whoever is in charge there hold accountable for this mess. To many BS lies !!!!!

Edited by iansig40

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It would not be the first time when they go back processing these application .There is no logical explanation about how they go around working on our cases and I'm sure ....lots of people will call them on Monday .

I have contacted my Congressman also, I will do it again this Monday . I also sent a few e-mails to CNN and hopefully somebody will contact me to describe more in detail our situation.

Nebraska should be shut down completely and whoever is in charge there hold accountable for this mess. To many BS lies !!!!!

I think I will do this also.

This is outrageous. From December to January, their posted processing date moved from 2/9/07 to 2/10/07. And Now it went back to 7/05/06? This doesn't make any sense. I think it is time to fire all those people!

I think I will do this also.

Whether they mean 2006 or 2007 really does not matter, does it, because obviously, neither would be accurate.

It would make more sense even for it to be 2006 as with the Feb 10th 2007 date, I was already outside the processing window with many others here. If it was July 2007 we would be 5 months outside the window, which would make even less sense. We know we have an approval from December 2006 (@Betrand), so maybe not all hope is lost :whistle:

All this latest update shows us once again is, that these "processing time status" pages are just not accurate and should not be used as a guideline to anyone's case. These exact things happened with my I-130 petition over three years ago.

@debeselizz, yes, when the expiration date comes close (really close) schedule your infopass and get a stamp. When I was there a few weeks ago they said they'd only stamp for 60 days in Chicago and only if you have already arranged for an overseas trip - I was asked to bring my flight confirmation next time.

For all others, this memo was already posted before but I'll post it again; it can be found in the press release section of uscis.gov, in regards to our status which does not expire.

CRextensn120203.pdf

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Illinois77,

Thank you for re-posting the memo. Well, they will have to stamp for employment purposes too, as it is listed on the memo, not just for travel purposes!

4/18/07 Biometrics

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Timeline

I did not believe until today we have the technology for timetravel - but apparently USCIS does! It is outrageous.

I wonder if all of us stalled at NSC should start contacting respective congresspeople with these dates, as well as the fact we are stuck with NSC. I have already contacted mine, and just sent off the new dates.

I have contacted USCIS today and all I could find was that USCIS goes back from time to time to process older applications ?%#$#&^$^*#%$# bunch a ####### like usual !

NO, there is no mistake the date is July5,2006

What's going to be next month January 1,2005 ???????

I have also contacted my Congressman and he had a different answer from Nebraska .FBI apparently is taking a long, long time to check fingerprints ,names ....etc. 13months +

To me the list with these A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S involved in processing our applications is growing by the day and there is no way you can pinpoint one or the other .THIS IS JUST ONE BIG COVER UP

:angry::angry:

Edited by iansig40

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have contacted USCIS today and all I could find was that USCIS goes back from time to time to process older applications ?%#$#&^$^*#%$# bunch a ####### like usual !

NO, there is no mistake the date is July5,2006

What's going to be next month January 1,2005 ???????

I have also contacted my Congressman and he had a different answer from Nebraska .FBI apparently is taking a long, long time to check fingerprints ,names ....etc. 13months +

To me the list with these A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S involved in processing our applications is growing by the day and there is no way you can pinpoint one or the other .THIS IS JUST ONE BIG COVER UP

:angry::angry:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be contacting my congressman today. (If I ever get off hold with the IRS for requesting tax transcripts for the N-400).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.