5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I brought my wife over on a K-1 visa in Aug. 05...we got married in Oct. 05....I knew that there was not time limit to file for AOS. I talked to a customer of mine that waited 3 years to file. So I waited 2 years to make sure that She wasn't here just fpr the green card. I knew after the first year but things kept comming up last year that I didn't file. I filed this year and we are going to our interview next week....I never put anything in her name as far as the bills goes because she does not work and I didn't think it was nesserary. I did go to the power company and had her name added. They gave me a print out with the change. I have her on my auto insurance. I do not have medical beacuse my company doesn't offer it and I can not get it for her beacuse she hasn't recived her SSN # yet.I owned my home before we got married so she is not on the deed.. We did have a child together so I think that might be some proof. She has a credit card in her name on one of my accounts. I was wondering if anyone else had the same situation as I am in, or any thoughts.

timeline

10/28/04 sent 129

02/15/05 2nd notice of action

02/25/05 NVC entered into system

03/17/05 adim. processing ?

03/21/05 congressional inquiry

04/01/05 having senator #2 working on this. Still no word

04/05/05 cleared NVC.

07/26/05 INTERVIEW !!!!!!!!!!!! PASSED INTERVIEW!!!!!

08/15/05 My baby is coming home....woohoo

Did you ever do a joint bank account? What about joint cell phone, or add a line for her to your account?

You say you guys had a child together. You did this without her having any type of health insurance??

Also, you mentioned adding her on to some of your accounts, such as auto insurance and credit card. Did you do this recently or at the beginning? At AOS interview they may question the docments. On our interview they asked to keep the first bank record and then the most recent. They wanted to document when the joint account was opened, how soon after marriage.

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Did you ever do a joint bank account? What about joint cell phone, or add a line for her to your account?

You say you guys had a child together. You did this without her having any type of health insurance??

Also, you mentioned adding her on to some of your accounts, such as auto insurance and credit card. Did you do this recently or at the beginning? At AOS interview they may question the docments. On our interview they asked to keep the first bank record and then the most recent. They wanted to document when the joint account was opened, how soon after marriage.

I didn't know that we need these Items. So now I am trying to add her now. I paid out of pocket for the birth of our daughter. She has no SSN# so I don't think that I can add her to my bank account. I do have 2 years of tax returns with her on it. I was hoping that I could take my daughter to the interview with birth cert. and what I have at this point.

timeline

10/28/04 sent 129

02/15/05 2nd notice of action

02/25/05 NVC entered into system

03/17/05 adim. processing ?

03/21/05 congressional inquiry

04/01/05 having senator #2 working on this. Still no word

04/05/05 cleared NVC.

07/26/05 INTERVIEW !!!!!!!!!!!! PASSED INTERVIEW!!!!!

08/15/05 My baby is coming home....woohoo

I didn't know that we need these Items. So now I am trying to add her now. I paid out of pocket for the birth of our daughter. She has no SSN# so I don't think that I can add her to my bank account. I do have 2 years of tax returns with her on it. I was hoping that I could take my daughter to the interview with birth cert. and what I have at this point.

At AOS interview it is your burden to provide proof that you've been living together as husband & wife. If you had her on your income taxes with a tax id#, you could've added her on your joint bank account with a tax id # instead of SS#. But that is now all after the fact. Just be prepared for these questions from the officer, as I'm sure they will surface since you have little proof.

Bring what you have. Bring tons of pics throughout the period you are together. Bring the baby, the baby's birth certificate with your name on there as the dad, the hospital bill and perhaps a canceled check that you paid for the birth.

Adding her on to accounts at this point is too late and may look suspicious in the eyes of an officer reviewing your file. They'll ask why are you doing it now, not when you got married, and are you doing it to pose just for the interview.

Good luck.

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

we had AOS interview on Dec 19,

she very friendly type of person..

1. marriage cert...OK

2. her passport..OK

3. Insurance Policy...OK

4. Kaiser cards...OK

5. she took 3 wedding photos..OK

6. 10 mins questions..chit chat...OK

7. SSN#...OK

8. original I-94

9. 3 yrs tax

10. employer letter and recent pay stubs

11. of course she pregnant!

11. No I-693 sealed envelop...Officer requesting PPD, HIV, RPR test

only 1 RFE (I-693)...i didnt know about I-693....waiting for PPD results>>>>pending

Approval pending.... :thumbs:

Edited by Dustin Nila

2-22-2007 -Petition left NVC, heading to US Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

2-26-2007 -Received letter (date-2-23-2007) from NVC -Case Number generated -PHP2007***-***

2-26-2007 -Petition received by US Embassy -PP, Cambodia

3-29-2007 -US Embassy sent Package 3

4-10-2007 -Received Package3 via Email

4-12-2007 -Package 3 return to embassy vi FedEx

4-17-2007 -Visited fiance in Phnom Penh

4-18-2007 -Package3 delivered and received by Embassy in Phnom Penh

4-26-2007 -Medical Appointment 7AM -one day process!

5-03-2007 -Received two completed Medical Package, one for the Embassy and one for POE

5-14-2007 -Return back to the states -home-

6-02-2007 -US Embassy contacted my fiance to pick up her Appointment Letter on June 15th.

6-04-2007 -Appointment for Interview July 5th 7AM.

7-05-2007 -Passed Interview!!!

7-13-2007 -Pick up approved Visa (3pm)

7-17-2007 -POE San Francisco

8-07-2007 -Civil Marriage

9-18-2007 -Filed AOS

9-24-2007 -Notice Date

10-01-2007 -Received NOA I-797C Letter

10-27-2007 -Received I-797C NOA Request for Applicant to appear for initial Interview

12-19-2007 - Interview Wednesday December 19, 2007 1pm...San Jose, CA

Removing Conditions

11/14/2009 Sent I-751 Package

11/18/2009 Check cashed

11/21/2009 NOA1 I-797C (Receipt Date:11/16/2009)

12/10/2009 NOA2 I-797C Biometric Appointment 12/24/2009 12PM

01/19/2010 NOA3 I-797C Date of Decision 01/13/2010 (Approved)

01/21/2010 Received 10 yrs Gcard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.