ScottnCati

Employment Verification Letter

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All

I am gathering all my I-134 documentation now and the Letter of Employment/salary verification I will receive form my Company will not come with the Company Letterhead logo and information. Apparently they receive this from a third party vender...

Can I still submit this, or will I need to transcribe this information onto a document with the company letterhead and have my Boss sign it?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi All

I am gathering all my I-134 documentation now and the Letter of Employment/salary verification I will receive form my Company will not come with the Company Letterhead logo and information. Apparently they receive this from a third party vender...

Can I still submit this, or will I need to transcribe this information onto a document with the company letterhead and have my Boss sign it?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

I would find a way to get that logo. It ask for it and from what I have seen in the past you want to always give what they ask for so they have no reason to ask for more info. I would just get a piece of paper and print the logo on it then have your boss enter the info then sign. Remember to much info is always better then not enough.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Letterhead or not, match it with a recent pay stub (which also has your company name and will indicate that your income as reported on the signed letter is in fact correct)

I agree. Can whoever that is doing the letter sign it and then have their title and the companies name included?

Hi All

Thanks for your help,

Scott

I ran into a similar situation at my work. When I tried explaining that I was looking for verification of employment, the HR person told me that the inquring party would need to call an 800 number in order to verify my income. Obviously, the HR person did not understand what I needed. So I pulled a copy of the I-134 instructions out of my pocket and circled the part that explained that I needed employment verification on company letterhead. I told her that this is an affadivit of support to be submitted to the US government, and that I needed to give them exactly what they are asking for. I got my letter later that day...

Edited by Dias Melhores

Our Story so far...

K-1

7/26/07- I-129F sent to CSC

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/12/08- Interview in Rio- APPROVED!

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

3/04/08- AOS, EAD and AP mailed

4/07/08- RFE

4/11/08- AOS, EAD and AP re-mailed

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

11/07/08- Greencard Approved!

11/22/08- Greencard Received

Gabriel was born on January 12, 2010!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi All

Thanks for your help,

Scott

I ran into a similar situation at my work. When I tried explaining that I was looking for verification of employment, the HR person told me that the inquring party would need to call an 800 number in order to verify my income. Obviously, the HR person did not understand what I needed. So I pulled a copy of the I-134 instructions out of my pocket and circled the part that explained that I needed employment verification on company letterhead. I told her that this is an affadivit of support to be submitted to the US government, and that I needed to give them exactly what they are asking for. I got my letter later that day...

Good!

I'm going through all of this again now because we have my husband's AOS interview coming up. I have my contract from work (with my salary), pay stubs, my original letter(s) from my employer for the K1, and a new letter with my salary updated.

If you earn over the 125% you're usually safer anyway. The consulate in Rio told me it was ok to only bring my tax return from last year (although I did bring 3 years with me). The CO DID look at my I-134 - I assume to check my salary. He didn't look at anything else after that but it's better to CYA.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Something else to add... Some very small companies do not even have letterhead paper. What do you do then?

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.