shikarnov

Case Status after NOA2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

I was just wondering where you all find your current status after you get approval from the USCIS. Currently the USCIS Case Status Service site says this about our case:

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

However, the NVC is another step, at a different government agency (whose website is not very useful for case statuses), as is the consulate in Moscow. So does the USCIS maintain an [accurate?] timeline of case events? Is there a secret handshake that I need to know to see our NVC status?

Where do you all go to stay informed?

Thanks!

Z

shikarnov,

No secret handshake - your next step is to wait (of course) and call NVC to inquire about your petition - once NVC gets it (and into their system) it will be assigned a new visa-petition case number. This case number is useful for several things, one being it is what the consulate/embassy will use to track your case, and two it can be used when scheduling things like the medical exam (in most countries). You can also email NVC to inquire about your case, but most find calling to be more effective. As far as online tracking - there is no way - you're out of USCIS (for the time being) and into the DOS.

Once NVC has your approved petition - they don't hold on to it for very long before they send it to the consulate/embassy.

Congratulations on the approval... :thumbs:

Hi All,

I was just wondering where you all find your current status after you get approval from the USCIS. Currently the USCIS Case Status Service site says this about our case:

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

However, the NVC is another step, at a different government agency (whose website is not very useful for case statuses), as is the consulate in Moscow. So does the USCIS maintain an [accurate?] timeline of case events? Is there a secret handshake that I need to know to see our NVC status?

Where do you all go to stay informed?

Thanks!

Z

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

NVC : 1 603 334 0700

DOS : 1 202 663 1225

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
shikarnov,

No secret handshake - your next step is to wait (of course) and call NVC to inquire about your petition - once NVC gets it (and into their system) it will be assigned a new visa-petition case number. This case number is useful for several things, one being it is what the consulate/embassy will use to track your case, and two it can be used when scheduling things like the medical exam (in most countries). You can also email NVC to inquire about your case, but most find calling to be more effective. As far as online tracking - there is no way - you're out of USCIS (for the time being) and into the DOS.

Once NVC has your approved petition - they don't hold on to it for very long before they send it to the consulate/embassy.

Congratulations on the approval... :thumbs:

Thanks for the info, and for the congrats. :) I just tried calling the NVC's automated line, but it wasn't very helpful either as inquiring about Fiance Visas automatically necessitates speaking with a representative. I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow to see if they even got it.

NVC : 1 603 334 0700

DOS : 1 202 663 1225

Probably a naive question, but for what issues would I call the DOS as opposed to the NVC?

Thanks!

Z

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once the case leaves USCIS, they do not track it because it is now in the hands of Department of State, USCIS is part of Department of Homeland Security.

You can contact NVC for status while case is still in the USA at NVC. You contact DOS for case status while it is at the Consulate or Embassy.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Well, I called the NVC... They received it on the 20th, but haven't yet sent it out to Moscow yet. They say they'll send a letter when they do. I asked if they can send email notifications about status changes, and the woman on the phone restated "we'll send a letter."

I guess I'll call back in a week since, being in Russia, I'm not exactly in a position to receive any physical letters.

:sigh:

Z

If you keep checking your number on the USCIS website, it will update with your "case cleared NVC" status or something like that and then a couple weeks later, you'll see it on the Moscow (embassy interview dates) website. Just be patient.........

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.