8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello all,

We are praying to be approved soon (beleiving in Santa?) and are looking at what needs to be sent next once approved.

We know we must wait for a case number to be assigned.

Our lawyer whom we paid US $ 3,000.00 knows less than us and already made us lose three months in the process... so we only count on ourselves now.

What are packets 3 and 4 and what do they contain please? This way we'll have them ready for the lawyer to be sent in as soon as we get the case number (he should pay us in fact no?...).

Thank you for your help and your advice.

Christine.

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Packet #3 is the request for the DS-230 and beneficiary's personal documents and what and where to send depending on if your consulate is appointment or standard processing post. Packet #4 is the interview appointment letter which also gives you instructions on completing the medical. Tell your SO to apply for the police certificate (which I believe is good for 6 months) and start gathering his documents. He must have original, certified copies of his birth certificate, divorce documents (if ever been married before), military records (if ever been in the military), any court records if applicable.

Someone else might be able to confirm what I stated above.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline

This is what WE got:

Our K3/K4 packets are electronic, supplied to us back in october, way before approval, and contained:

A form called "document prep for K interview"

Police certificate information form

DS-230 form

List of area sworn translators, for translating documents to english from foreign language

A one-page document titled "photograph requirements"

A list of area panel physicians

A form called DS-2053 (medical exam form for the physician to fill out)

A form called DS-3024 (chest X-ray form)

A form called DS-3025 Vaccination worksheet

A form called DS-3026 (typical medical history questionaire, like you would fill out as a new patient anywhere)

From the document prep form, directly copied:

The list of documents that we were told to provide:

1. Passport

2. DS-230 Part I

3. Birth Certificate(s)

4. Marriage Certificate (if applicable)

5. Name Change Certificate (if applicable)

6. Death or Divorce Decree (if applicable) from Petitioner and Beneficiary

7. Police Certificate

Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more.

If you have lived in more than one cities in Indonesia for six months or longer you should get the police certificate from the police region of each city (POLDA) or from the police headquarters in Jakarta (MABES POLRI, Jl. Trunojoyo, Kebayoran Baru) which covers all the districts in Indonesia.

8. Evidence of Support. The applicant must provide evidence that he/she will not become a public charge. Evidence of support could include fax copies of applicant's petitioner most recent Federal Income Tax Return (1040) and Tax Statement (W-2), or an employment letter stating salary or wage.

9. Photographs. Two (2) color photos of each applicant in the correct format

The only thing missing is filling out the non-immigrant visa petition, that's done electronically though.

They wanted my Original divorce decree, directly from the clerk of court with the stamp etc etc.

Her birth cert and our marriage books were translated by a translator from their list.

She scheduled an appointment for medical with a doctor from the list, the results were sent directly to the embassy and are being held pending receipt of the package from NVC.

The photograph requirements are directly from the department of state website.

Her name change was done through Indonesian Immigration directly in her passport, per instructions from the Jakarta Consulate.

The police certificate instructions are different for all the countries, I copied mine directly as an example.

Hope this helps. I actually have all these forms electronically :devil:

Regards,

David and Nitadyah

PS: The few messed-up petitions that I have seen on here have come through lawyers. Its not that they know less, its that they don't seem to care as much. Just a comment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This is what WE got:

Our K3/K4 packets are electronic, supplied to us back in october, way before approval, and contained:

DS-230 form

List of area sworn translators, for translating documents to english from foreign language

A form called DS-3026 (typical medical history questionaire, like you would fill out as a new patient anywhere)

1. Passport

2. DS-230 Part I

3. Birth Certificate(s)

7. Police Certificate

Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more.

If you have lived in more than one cities in Indonesia for six months or longer you should get the police certificate from the police region of each city (POLDA) or from the police headquarters in Jakarta (MABES POLRI, Jl. Trunojoyo, Kebayoran Baru) which covers all the districts in Indonesia.

8. Evidence of Support. The applicant must provide evidence that he/she will not become a public charge. Evidence of support could include fax copies of applicant's petitioner most recent Federal Income Tax Return (1040) and Tax Statement (W-2), or an employment letter stating salary or wage.

The only thing missing is filling out the non-immigrant visa petition, that's done electronically though.

They wanted my Original divorce decree, directly from the clerk of court with the stamp etc etc.

Her birth cert and our marriage books were translated by a translator from their list.

She scheduled an appointment for medical with a doctor from the list, the results were sent directly to the embassy and are being held pending receipt of the package from NVC.

Her name change was done through Indonesian Immigration directly in her passport, per instructions from the Jakarta Consulate.

The police certificate instructions are different for all the countries, I copied mine directly as an example.

Regards,

David and Nitadyah

PS: The few messed-up petitions that I have seen on here have come through lawyers. Its not that they know less, its that they don't seem to care as much. Just a comment.

D&N that is outstanding information! :thumbs:

hehe you have no idea how difficult it was to pull off the document check and medical even before USCIS approval. We're ready for interview! Got our JAK number Friday from the NVC, interview Jan 7th IF the embassy gets the package by the end of next week. I think they're sick of us! (laughing) otherwise we're on track for US entry on the 23rd Jan, with a couple of extra weeks thrown in just in case.

This is what WE got:

DS-230 form

1. Passport

2. DS-230 Part I

3. Birth Certificate(s)

7. Police Certificate

Regards,

David and Nitadyah

D&N that is outstanding information! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hehe you have no idea how difficult it was to pull off the document check and medical even before USCIS approval.

I was hoping to do the same thing - I asked my fiance to find out what she can do about the police check and medical exam soon (I haven't even applied yet but even if she does it in a month or two she'll be way ahead of the game) ... BUT when she inquired at a Dr's office who does the exam, as well as the local police station, she was told they need an appointment letter or some sort of written notification that the process has gotten far enough for them to be able to actually do it - any advice on how that can be expedited?

NEETU IS HERE!

I-751 Process -

5/24/10 : I-751 Packet sent to VSC

5/26/10 : Delivered to SAINT ALBANS VT 05479 @ 11:46am

5/27/10 : NOA1 Date (based on scanned check image)

5/28/10 : Funds withdrawn from bank account

6/04/10 : NOA1 (I-797) received, confirming above NOA1 receipt date.

7/31/10 : Biometrics letter received - Appointment date of 8/11/10!

8/11/10 : Biometrics done!

8/29/10 : GC received (sometime last week lol)! (WOW!)

Previous timeline of our Busy 2008!!

1/06 : Married my JAAN :)

1/15 : I-130 and I-129F sent to Chicago Lockbox

1/17 : Both petitions received @ Chicago

2/27 : Check cashed & I-130 petition visible on system.

2/29 : Received NOA1's! Notice Date - 2/22/08

5/01 : I-130 APPROVED!!! (But not my I-129F)

5/08 : Got Case # from NVC (received 5/7/08)

5/11 : PAID AOS Fee Online -- I-129F still pending; full speed ahead with I-130!

5/12 : Neetu emailed NVC re: DS-3032 (choice of agent)

5/13 : AOS Status now "PAID" -- AOS PRIORITY MAILED

5/16 : NVC received AOS

5/19 : DS-3032 email accepted & AOS entered in system

5/24 : IV Bill Invoiced and paid online

5/28 : IV Bill status = PAID -- DS-230 EXPRESS MAILED!

5/29 : NVC received DS-230 at 11:01 am

5/30 : DS-230 entered into system

6/03 : CASE COMPLETE - 26 DAYS AFTER NVC RECEIVED I-130

6/10 : Interview scheduled (for 7/9 originally)

6/14 : Interview letter (my copy) received.

6/16 & 6/21 : Medical

7/16 : Interview completed - APPROVED!

7/21 : Neetu picked up passport/brown packet from VFS

7/25 : POE AT EWR!!!

End of Sept: GC received!

The embassies want the medical exam fairly close to the interview date. We waited about 4, 4 1/2 months after filing, contacted the embassy, and got the packets.

The exam results are good for a year. What we were TOLD by the embassy, and these may differ between countries, is that the police cert is good for 6 months.

You should be able to just walk in and get a police certificate anytime (never heard of needing an appt letter?) BUT: for the medical you have to have the correct forms. Use, do, say whatever you have to do while working with the embassy to get them. Depends on how clever and original you can be I guess (laughing) In our case I rolled it into an expedite request from an aggravated congressman inquiring as to why, when she had a home, job, family, and mortgage, we were denied a visitors visa and it turned into "I'm sorry, no, but what else can we do to help you" sort of thing from the consulate. So we took advantage of that and got all of our forms, medical, police, and documents check before approval so that we could just walk in, turn in the apps, and set the appointment in an expedited way.

hehe you have no idea how difficult it was to pull off the document check and medical even before USCIS approval.

I was hoping to do the same thing - I asked my fiance to find out what she can do about the police check and medical exam soon (I haven't even applied yet but even if she does it in a month or two she'll be way ahead of the game) ... BUT when she inquired at a Dr's office who does the exam, as well as the local police station, she was told they need an appointment letter or some sort of written notification that the process has gotten far enough for them to be able to actually do it - any advice on how that can be expedited?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thank you all for your great help as usual.

I just am waiting and checking everyday but nothing is coming...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.