idocare

What would u do ?

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

OK first of all, Ogele, it's BESANGIN. Secondly, I have not missed the point of people feeling harrassed. You have missed the point that you don't have to read it or go to the posts that don't have information that you need. What I am getting from you all is that we should stay packaged up in one nice little thread and leave the others alone. Everyone here has a right to post and read where ever they want. We all have the same choices, but telling us to limit where we post is telling us because all that we have to say is not warm and cozy Keep It Movin' to your corner of the message boards. For me, I think NOT. Like I said, if something I said personally defames you or you leaves mentally and financially damaged then, call Judge Judy and sue me! Again this was Idocare's thread in the first place, so how did she jack it? Plus everything she posts is not regarding scamming and the such. I guess everyone is so focused on it that you don't see the other stuff. I would hate to see anyone on this board muzzled because we don't like what is said or we get tired of something they said. There are many threads here I don't even think about going to because what the hell does it got to do with me, or I may know nothing about what goes on there. I post, read, and laugh about what interests me, and what doesn't...... say it with me people.... KEEP IT MOVIN'!!!! At this point thats the only thing I am trying to convey is free speech, free post, and free choice to ignore like Omoba's easy button. (Work it, Girl!) Lastly, you ball of confident, intelligent, hunk of prideful African man you, I am impressed that you dig into the history of this country, but may a proud African American sister encourage you to read on our history too. For America's history is not an accurate depiction of what my African American history is. My history teaches me to be proud of knowing that it was because of the welts, blood, sweat and tears of my ancestors that this country is indeed great. Like your own Chinua Achebe wanted to leave a true depiction of your history that contradicted what the missionaries and post colonial historians would have your younger generations believing. The very reason he chose to pen Things Fall Apart. Anyway that is my soapbox lecture for today. Peace out people! :whistle:

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

P.S. Don't go knockin' the American MEOW!!! Why you think dogs are always chasin' the Cat?!!!!! It's PURRRRRRRfect!!!! :whistle:

Edited by BESANGIN

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
OK first of all, Ogele, it's BESANGIN. Secondly, I have not missed the point of people feeling harrassed. You have missed the point that you don't have to read it or go to the posts that don't have information that you need. What I am getting from you all is that we should stay packaged up in one nice little thread and leave the others alone. Everyone here has a right to post and read where ever they want. We all have the same choices, but telling us to limit where we post is telling us because all that we have to say is not warm and cozy Keep It Movin' to your corner of the message boards. For me, I think NOT. Like I said, if something I said personally defames you or you leaves mentally and financially damaged then, call Judge Judy and sue me! Again thiswas Idocare's thread in the first place, so how did she jack it? Plus everything she posts is not regarding scamming and the such. I guess everyone is so focused on it that you don't see the other stuff. I would hate to see anyone on this board muzzled because we don't like what is said or we get tired of something they said. There are many threads here I don't even think about going to because what the hell does it got to do with me, or I may know nothing about what goes on there. I post, read, and laugh about what interests me, and what doesn't...... say it with me people.... KEEP IT MOVIN'!!!! At this point thats the only thing I am trying to convey is free speech, free post, and free choice to ignore like Omoba's easy button. (Work it, Girl!) Lastly, you ball of confident, intelligent, hunk of prideful African man you, I am impressed that you dig into the history of this country, but may a proud African American sister encourage you to read on our history too. For America's history is not an accurate depiction of what my African American history is. My history teaches me to be proud of knowing that it was because of the welts, blood, sweat and tears of my ancestors that this country is indeed great. Like your own Chinua Achebe wanted to leave a true depiction of your history that contradicted what the missionaries and post colonial historians would have your younger generations believing. The very reason he chose to pen Things Fall Apart. Anyway that is my soapbox lecture for today. Peace out people!:whistle:

Your perspective on American History is very correct here and so worth mentioning. The truth needs to be heard that the blood and the sweat

of your ancestors build the American economy.

By the way Chinua Achebe is one of my favorite authors and I have most of his books.

Bringing these two into a comparison was refreshing and plain beautiful !

As to the other worn out issue, I don't think anyone is having a problem about idocare posting her own topic and telling her story in that thread.

The problem lies in the repeated onslaught of the same in all other threads, such as hurray I got my long awaited NOA2 and then it ends with lets

report the scammers. Free speech without sensitivity and having an awareness and insight what is and what is not appropriate, without responsibility and

accountability just because you can, wreaks havoc and lacks social grace.

Would you respond to someone like that in person who just is so excited and overjoyed ? Would you pee on his happy parade face to face ? I think not. Use the same etiquette here.

To compare pedophilia with a marriage gone bad when it comes to hearing both sides is ludicrous and I'm not talking about Ludacris.

I am with Ogele that a wise individual will not judge a situation based on one sided information and hop on the bandwagon with the same

battlecry.

It is of up most importance to remain objective in life and not assuming things without giving both sides an ear. You would be surprised what

can come to the surface generally speaking.

I have learned that lesson the hard way.........never ASSume on scarce evidence and without fact based proof.

You end up with egg on your face.

I would not call on judge Judy but on the little furry creature from the forbidden forest named Ewok if I felt the need to.

He is not only just but owns the whole dang forest.

I agree that people should not be muzzled and post freely. But when the majority of a regional forum speaks as one about

a problem with posting style and the spiraling down of quality and enjoyment then it should motivate the poster to examine his/her style and intent

for the benefit of all.

No one in Math 101 would bust in with lets all go to PE now because I need the exercise and so do you ! It disrupts , no ?

Now that ' things fell apart ' shall we put them back together again ? ;)

Timeline

I tell you what, you can contact Ewok, Geroge Lucas, or the whole Star Wars clan if that's what you feel you need to do. Whether I am here muzzled or not, for me life goes on, and my words will go on. The only thing you will successfully do is take away the opportunity for others who don't got it goin' on like you, to not know that these things happen, people go through it, they share, it and they survive it. When I went through it I docare was the only one at the time to have the guts to speak about her experience. Other than that I didn't have a place here to relate with the journey I then found myself on. SO if Ewok the forest owner wants to change the intent of the this website for posting only information related to successful visa journeys, then that is fine and that is his/her choice since they are the owner, and got it like that. As far as my analogy being ridiculous... your opinion, and you not going to sit here and tell me that you always analyze both sides of every story and every situation on every occassion. When it hits home objectivity goes out the window. None the less, you do what you feel you have to do. Threats don't phase me. But I am tired of going back and forth with all this so I'm done. But trust my sister, if I got something to post, anywhere and anyhow I'm going to do it. It may not be kibbles and bits for you, but someone will eat good! Now its time for me to use MY EASY BUTTON and end my posting to this NO ONE IS RIGHT THREAD!!!!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ogle,

I wanted to comment on your assessemt of compatibility. From what I read your susgested that a couple should be on the same level of education in order for a relationship to work. ( that's just one of your comments concerning compatibility )

There are many USC that meet Aliens and need co-sponsors due to not meeting the poverty guidelines. The alien fiance knew about that at the time they applied for the I-129k or married in their foreign land.

I know of many couples that don't match up as far as the education levels but have went on to thrive in a long relationship. Then again there have been some aliens that were well educated in their country but find themselves working for a security company or Mc Donalds one they arrive here due to the degree they got in their land isn't one that could transfer over once they arrive here, and many know that before they arrive.

Nigerians believe in education I already know that. I have read many stories on here where the Nigerian spouse has encouraged the USC to go to the university , then again on this forum I have read where the USC had much less education then their spouse, and some are still together. If you'd notice my signature date, I've been lurking around since 2004. I have read alot of people realities both good and bad. It takes desire from both the male and female to make a relationship last, Many aliens know all about their spouse before they come here or the USC goes there to Marry. If the realtionship was good enough then, and u truly love your spouse what could go so wrong to the point where you just want to walk away without going thru counseling and trying to make it work which takes time. As they say you truly don't know someone until you live with them.

Some USC live in their spouse country for a month or less and Marry them on the spot. They feel that they know them like a book thru all the e-mails and phone conversations, and u can't tell them that their man doesen't love them.

Do you really think that a relationship won't work unless your of the same education statis ? I believe it's variety that makes for a good connection. Even a person with only a high school education can be more intelligent then a person with a 4-year degree and vice versa.

Many USC go over seas as part of their PHD programs and find love. Many times the person they marry don't have a degree. But they make it work.

Zee I think that scams happen in just about every Country it's not limited to any part of the world, as I lurk around other visa chat boards I read stories about Phillipinos , Indians, Russians and more countrys that I never heard of doing the same things.

Ogle thanks for taking the time to show some concern for Jr.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ogle,

I wanted to comment on your assessemt of compatibility. From what I read your susgested that a couple should be on the same level of education in order for a relationship to work. ( that's just one of your comments concerning compatibility )

There are many USC that meet Aliens and need co-sponsors due to not meeting the poverty guidelines. The alien fiance knew about that at the time they applied for the I-129k or married in their foreign land.

I know of many couples that don't match up as far as the education levels but have went on to thrive in a long relationship. Then again there have been some aliens that were well educated in their country but find themselves working for a security company or Mc Donalds one they arrive here due to the degree they got in their land isn't one that could transfer over once they arrive here, and many know that before they arrive.

Nigerians believe in education I already know that. I have read many stories on here where the Nigerian spouse has encouraged the USC to go to the university , then again on this forum I have read where the USC had much less education then their spouse, and some are still together. If you'd notice my signature date, I've been lurking around since 2004. I have read alot of people realities both good and bad. It takes desire from both the male and female to make a relationship last, Many aliens know all about their spouse before they come here or the USC goes there to Marry. If the realtionship was good enough then, and u truly love your spouse what could go so wrong to the point where you just want to walk away without going thru counseling and trying to make it work which takes time. As they say you truly don't know someone until you live with them.

Some USC live in their spouse country for a month or less and Marry them on the spot. They feel that they know them like a book thru all the e-mails and phone conversations, and u can't tell them that their man doesen't love them.

Do you really think that a relationship won't work unless your of the same education statis ? I believe it's variety that makes for a good connection. Even a person with only a high school education can be more intelligent then a person with a 4-year degree and vice versa.

Many USC go over seas as part of their PHD programs and find love. Many times the person they marry don't have a degree. But they make it work.

Zee I think that scams happen in just about every Country it's not limited to any part of the world, as I lurk around other visa chat boards I read stories about Phillipinos , Indians, Russians and more countrys that I never heard of doing the same things.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I tell you what, you can contact Ewok, Geroge Lucas, or the whole Star Wars clan if that's what you feel you need to do. Whether I am here muzzled or not, for me life goes on, and my words will go on. The only thing you will successfully do is take away the opportunity for others who don't got it goin' on like you, to not know that these things happen, people go through it, they share, it and they survive it. When I went through it I docare was the only one at the time to have the guts to speak about her experience. Other than that I didn't have a place here to relate with the journey I then found myself on. SO if Ewok the forest owner wants to change the intent of the this website for posting only information related to successful visa journeys, then that is fine and that is his/her choice since they are the owner, and got it like that. As far as my analogy being ridiculous... your opinion, and you not going to sit here and tell me that you always analyze both sides of every story and every situation on every occassion. When it hits home objectivity goes out the window. None the less, you do what you feel you have to do. Threats don't phase me. But I am tired of going back and forth with all this so I'm done. But trust my sister, if I got something to post, anywhere and anyhow I'm going to do it. It may not be kibbles and bits for you, but someone will eat good! Now its time for me to use MY EASY BUTTON and end my posting to this NO ONE IS RIGHT THREAD!!!!

Touche...

In my opinion - it's not a matter of being "Touche", it simply needed to be said. Period.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Touche...

In my opinion - it's not a matter of being "Touche", it simply needed to be said. Period.

and what has to be said???

Embassy admit having petition (interview date not known yet) 20th Oct 2005

Picked up package 4 at embassy 24 of Oct

Interview date: 19th January 2006 DENIED (221G)

Second interview: 3rd of Feb 2006 VISA APPROVED! Thank U Lord!!!

• 1 month later...

I would not rest until I had him deported. There are no levels I wouldn't stoop to to ensure he went straight back to whence he came from.....For me, that would be part of my healing process....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would just divorce him and send him on his way. I would not fight to have him deported. My husband works very hard to ensure we are safe, happy, and financially stable. The life he leads now is completely different then the one he led before and he has stated many times that he doesn't want to go back. I would not devalue how far he's come and how hard he's worked just because my heart would be broken.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

If I were in that situation, I wouldn't deport him, either. If he were out of status, then I might call ICE and make them aware and be done with him. My ex husband was (and still is) illegal and I felt like I needed to call ICE and I did. After that, it was up to them to take action. Personally, I don't see any good in fighting hard to deport someone. I would just be ready to move on with my life.

Filed: Timeline
Ogle,

Hi

I am not going to get into what happened to me 4 years ago with someone hurting me but I will share one thing with you. You have got to stop doing this on the boards... If I was Nigerian and I had to deal with someone as venemous as you, I would not see my kid either. I was financially and emotionally violated by a foreigner and raged for years about it. It does nothing but raise your cortisol count and make you fat and miserable and get wrinkles. You need to lay down the anger. Look for the positives about Nigerians, maybe even positively reach out to some and teach your son Nigerian culture. Get a hobby, take some meds, I dont know , date some Americans. But stop this idiotic ranting on the boards and grow up. I have an asthma attack just listening to you . I was ROyALLY SCREWED by a guy a few years ago. He never got papers from me but trust me, he violated me. I was mad... But then I decided my baby was more important than raging for years and years.. I am remarried and trust me my insecurity rears its ugly head...

But stop demonising Nigerians ... they already have a bad rap . the reality is that some of these visa journey relationships will work. Some will not. Some women will have an adventure. Some will suffer and some will end up with a whole different life due to their experiences. I am having a baby now with my new husband. If I stayed like you,,,, I wouldnt have a damn thing.. and trust me I was screwed blue and tattooed. For your mental health and your kid, FORGIVE..... let it go... and stop ranting and raving around here.. everyone gets your point already

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.