Dr. A ♥ O

Happy Caturday!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Woke up at 11am...no kiddies to wake me up earlier! :dance::dance:

It took my sister from 12 noon to 11pm to get here from Ft. Laud last night due to all of the delays ! :blink: I told her she could have gone to Egypt in that time! She's hanging with my parents today and my brother tonight and I get her all tomorrow so I'm looking for a recipe for lobster casserole to make for her. I haven't seen her in about three years and since I've had the kids I haven't been totally alone with her so this will be fun. :)

One present was backordered so I have to go to the mall tonight and see if they have it. :blink:

Aymerlu that picture is adorable. Which ones are yours?

I flicked on the tv when I woke up and now am stuck on this movie Final Destination 2. I can't stop watching it. lol

Edited by bridget

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck at the mall, Bridget. We were driving on 128 N yesterday around 1:30 and I couldn't figure out why there was so much traffic, I thought maybe there was an accident. Then as we passed the Northshore Mall it all made sense.

Sorry about your neighbor, Laura. Isn't apartment living great? :wacko:

I'm taking two online classes and the final exams are in two weeks and I haven't even opened the books. Woops, better get crackin'!

Good luck at the mall, Bridget. We were driving on 128 N yesterday around 1:30 and I couldn't figure out why there was so much traffic, I thought maybe there was an accident. Then as we passed the Northshore Mall it all made sense.

:dead:

I know what you mean... I got stuck in traffic going to the Natick Mall yesterday around the same time... sooo happy all of my shopping is finally done!!!

I made my Christmas sugar cookies last night and decorated them... now I have to come up with a few other recipes, since that is my Christmas present to a few people this year (stupid idea). I also have a TON of wrapping to do. In our family we have a rule that all wrapping has to be done the night before Christmas Eve so we can all enjoy our Christmas Eve brunch! Well, that leaves this afternoon and tomorrow, because tonight we're going to a Christmas buffet... I wish there was a nail biting smiley... Christmas sneaks up so fast! :blink:

Yay I have a day off today!!! I celebrated by sleeping *really* late. Hopefully we'll go to a movie tonight, I really want to see Sweeney Todd!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Oh no, sereia ! I'm so sorry about your kitty. I hope that he gets better very soon.

Nail biting pic for Holly:

nailbite.gif

Hi to everyone !

Bridg: Lobster casserole sounds fantastic. You know what I want to try ? Crab cakes. I've never had them, but that movie "Wedding Crashers" made me want to try them. Plus, I saw Emeril make some one time that looked delicious.

Very cute kids Amerylu ! Yours & the nephews.

It looks like everyone is just relaxing. Same here. Tomorrow we go back to work though. We've been on a 5 day vacation for Eid, and now it's time to go back. Plus, I think this week is pay week, so we can do our last bit of shopping before the Christmas Feast Jan 7th.

Yesterday was my birthday & we went to Nasr City to a Cafe called Pietro. I don't know if anyone's ever been there, but it was nice. There was a really great menu with calamari and lots of great dinners and drinks. But, because of our fast, we just ordered some french fries ! :lol: And, I drank hot chocolate with creamer instead of milk. :wacko:

I got me some boots, but I didn't get some like the picture I had. I could only find half boots. They are not as fashionable, but they serve the same winter shoe purpose. :thumbs: I also found some new jeans. So, Happy birthday to me !!!

Hope you guys have a great Saturday (and Caturday ) Night !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Definitely need an update on the kitty :(

Ok I survived the mall. Was actually pretty easy since by the time I got there around 5:30 people were leaving so I got a space right outside of Macy's and got in and out in less than an hour. Only problem is that I only went in to get two things....a Talbot's gift card and Very Sexy perfume from VS. I left with both of those but also came out with 4 different bags of Lindt's truffles (love the holiday ones with the milk chocolate outside and the white chocolate truffle inside :D ), a hangin' out at home outfit for me and a new pocketbook that I LOVE

vb.jpg

with matching wallet:

vb2.jpg

:D:D:D

If I don't gain at least ten pounds tomorrow it will be a freakin' miracle. My sister's coming over and I'm cooking homemade cinnamon rolls that my oldest sister SWEARS tastes just like cinnabon rolls:

Cinnamon Rolls Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee

1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed in refrigerator

Flour, for dusting surface

Filling:

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

2/3 stick butter, softened

Icing:

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1/3 cup cream cheese

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to form a 15 by 7-inch rectangle. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Spread 2/3 cup softened butter over dough and then evenly sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Starting at the long edge, roll up dough as for a jelly roll. Cut roll into 16 slices and then set aside in a warm place and allow dough to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Divide rolls among 2 lightly buttered round baking pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top. While the rolls are baking, combine the icing ingredients with an electric mixer until fluffy. Frost the warm rolls with the icing. Serve warm.

I have tons of munchies for our daylong movie marathon. Does anyone else love helluvagood dip? :P

And for dinner:

Lobster Tails Thermidor Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

4 (6 to 8-ounce) packaged lobster tails, shell jumbo shrimp or prawns can be substituted

4 tablespoons butter, divided

1 small white onion, finely chopped

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Splash dry white wine or dry sherry

1/2 cup milk, eyeball it

1/3 cup grated white cheddar

1/2 teaspoon paprika or crab boil seasoning, recommended: Old Bay

2 tablespoons Parmesan

2 tablespoons bread crumbs

Handful parsley leaves mixed with 2 cups baby greens, for plate garnish

Lemon wedges, for garnish

Bring a pot of water to a boil, 3 or 4 inches deep. Add lobster tails to the water and boil 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and shock under cold water to cool. Use kitchen scissors to cut away soft underside of tails. Remove meat and save the shells, arranging them in a shallow casserole dish. Chop the cooked meat on an angle into chunks.

Preheat your broiler to high.

Heat a medium skillet and a small saucepot over medium heat. To the small saucepot, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add finely chopped onion and cook 3 to 5 minutes until very soft. To the skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. When the butter melts, add chopped lobster meat and saute.

Add flour to sauce pot with onions and cook together another 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in wine or sherry, then milk. Remove sauce from heat and stir in cheddar cheese and paprika or crab boil. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over lobster meat and stir to combine. Pour lobster into and over the shells in a casserole dish and top with Parmesan and bread crumbs. Broil on high until golden, 2 or 3 minutes. Serve each tail, spilling over with lobster bits in sauce, on a bed of mixed baby greens and parsley with wedges of lemon along side.

To make this dish with jumbo shrimp, cut up peeled, deveined raw shrimp. Saute the shrimp in butter, as with cooked lobster. Cook until pink and firm and proceed with method. Place the shrimp and sauce into a small casserole, then spoon completed shrimp Thermidor over bed of greens and parsley leaves.

I'm substituting the lobster tails with just lobster meat since I couldn't find just tails to cook. Hopefully it will turn out just as good.

OMG i'm full just reading this. lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.