IR5FORMUMSIE

A Review of My Experience at Montreal

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh and the loss of the documents! What's up with that!! Umm the NVC sent us this stuff and obviously approved it going through, but we have nothing on that <looks at you to solve the problem> - their problem. That is so just not good enough.

Now i'm getting mad <_<

I'm horrified at the thought that someone sends an irreplaceable document and the NVC loses it. Scary isn't it. :unsure:

Wow...sounds like an interesting day. "How did you meet?" Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Some people have no sense. To approve one and not the other....*smacks my forehead*....maybe he should have had a V8 before work.

I hope things move along much smoother from here on.

My father has taken this in stride. He figures, whatever. Shouldn't be a problem if the FBI hurries up.

Trailmix has a good point, something seems fishy....reminds me hubby received offer from our senator to continue to help us...i.e., to send the consulate a note stating they are "watching" them that everything goes ok..lol...Maybe something similar can be done, at least to know how come they lost so many papers...who knows!!!...

Oh! and for the: when did you meet?....to paraphrase Chomsky, i would say...: they got alienated by the system...having to repeat the same phrases at each interview....

Oh! and another one...tell your father he has here a harem of admirers....to support him in this process!....

Thanks for the support, my father greatly appreciates it as do I. He really has taken this quite well, I think the rest of us are more pizzed that we went to Montreal and spent all this time and money when they could have asked for more background documentation if that was an issue. FBI background check for my father won't take long since he's never been arrested or implicated in anything. NSA, CIA they won't find a damn thing. I know my brother will be contacting various members of the legislative branch asap to get the ball rolling and to ensure that processing proceeds in a timely manner. Quoting Chomsky these days is likely to get you a trip to Gitmo. :crying:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*shakes head* Sounds like MG had a huge bowl of stupid for breakfast. What a moron!

Wish there was a way WE could overhaul this stupid inept moronic (anymore "accolades" anyone?) immigration system and make it work more efficiently...we're the ones that know it far better than they do! I wonder how many CO's actually KNOW this process...

Wait a minute, what AM I thinking....they're the professionals. :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to mom! and Good Luck to dad!, sending good thoughts that the AP wait is quick and painless!!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to your mom , keep your head up your dad wont be far behind good luck and merry christmas

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline

Wish it was better news for your dad. I just don't get some of the stupid things they do.

BTW I loved your review...felt like I was sitting there with you guys the whole time. :)

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

#######? I cannot believe they did not give your dad the visa! I don't mean I don't believe you, I just mean that is ridiculous! Honestly not what I expected to read. :angry: Wow. I mean, just, wow.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline
*shakes head* Sounds like MG had a huge bowl of stupid for breakfast. What a moron!

Wish there was a way WE could overhaul this stupid inept moronic (anymore "accolades" anyone?) immigration system and make it work more efficiently...we're the ones that know it far better than they do! I wonder how many CO's actually KNOW this process...

Wait a minute, what AM I thinking....they're the professionals. :wacko:

Presidential? :whistle: I can remember the feeling when I heard the decision. I had no reaction. I don't know if I was numb or just relieved that at least some good came out of this. Then I started asking MG about what to do, how long it would take (don't call us, we'll call you). I was thinking, you lost more than half the file, for some unknown reason you return a copy of the original sworn affidavit (where are the other three I sent in?) eventhough it was for your records, do you have any idea what you're doing? I have this feeling that AP is just a term for we lost the file so let's stall for time.

Congrats to mom! and Good Luck to dad!, sending good thoughts that the AP wait is quick and painless!!

Thank you very much for the kind thoughts, I'm sure it will be. :thumbs:

Congrats to your mom , keep your head up your dad wont be far behind good luck and merry christmas

Thanks, my father has taken it in stride. He reasons that someone lost the file so it's time to stall. Merry XMAS to you too. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline
Wish it was better news for your dad. I just don't get some of the stupid things they do.

BTW I loved your review...felt like I was sitting there with you guys the whole time. :)

I gave up trying to figure out the whims of bureaucracies.

I'm glad that you liked the review. :thumbs: It was my intention to help people who will be going to Montreal get a better idea of what to expect so they won't be as stressed.

BTW, here's the pen that I hoped would be signing two approved applications.

thepen.jpg

IR5

Timeline
#######? I cannot believe they did not give your dad the visa! I don't mean I don't believe you, I just mean that is ridiculous! Honestly not what I expected to read. :angry: Wow. I mean, just, wow.

My Dad is really quite a conservative guy. Mom's the liberal. I've started writing the letters to send to various people already. I'm considering getting his name check through the FBI and sending copies of those to anyone who'll listen. An FOIA check will take forever so that's probably out, but we're not giving up on this. Dad doesn't mind right now, that will change depending on how long the AP goes on, no doubt.

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad that you liked the review. :thumbs: It was my intention to help people who will be going to Montreal get a better idea of what to expect so they won't be as stressed.

I appreciated your review too, I like to have all the details. Perhaps the fact that you had no reaction is that you were so well prepared. I think it's to our advantage that we know the lay of the land before hand. Imagine what it would be like walking in there without all of this information.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I appreciated your review too, I like to have all the details. Perhaps the fact that you had no reaction is that you were so well prepared. I think it's to our advantage that we know the lay of the land before hand. Imagine what it would be like walking in there without all of this information.

My thought was that due to the nature and commonality of the experience people going through Montreal will face, it might help soothe a few frayed nerves. The last thing you want to be at the interview is nervous. I can imagine newlyweds or engaged couples having to endure much more stress than my parents, every little bit helps. It is an examination so in essence it's like looking at old test papers in the library. If I hadn't thought to bring copies of what I sent in, who knows if my mother would have been approved. I only left out a few things. An African-American woman (she might have been Haitian or African from the accent) wanders around if you get lost or have trouble figuring out what to do and I knew that when the couples that were called up after us for the preliminary interview were then called ahead of us for the final interview, something was truly amiss. I fully expected both to be refused. So I'm just a bit relieved we got something out of it and I'm glad others can take away something from our travails. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

Damn it, why haven't they mailed out Mom's passport yet. I want it, NOW. :lol: Gotta stop checking it every five minutes. :bonk:

IR5

Timeline

2007/12/22 14:49 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2007/12/21 08:48 MONTRÉAL, QC Item accepted at the Post office

:dance:

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, I guess they heard you :thumbs:

Timeline

Wow, I guess they heard you :thumbs:

It's amazing what a little bellicose hectoring will get you. :lol: Damn it, I should have asked them to delivery it on Sunday. :bonk:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.