GaryC

Kyoto Schmyoto

25 posts in this topic

As usual your all nit-picking instead of understanding. The point of the Kyoto treaty is to REDUCE carbon output, right? Well these countries that have signed the treaty haven't reduced anything, in fact they are continuing to INCREASE their output. The story points out that all the countries listed have a higher increase than the US. It also points out the hypocracy of the man-made GW crowd. Do as I say rather than do what I do.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. You should try it sometime.

Filed: Timeline
You guys ever heard of pollution outsourcing? That's why the US is so high on the list. The rest of the world outsourced pollution to the US for nearly a century, in the form of manufacturing and production. Sorry, numbers don't begin to tell the whole story.
And here I thought the US was outsourcing manufacturing and production left, right and center. Silly me. :whistle:
Great, so 15 years of outsourcing growth and we just ignore 100 years of industrialization? Big picture.

Good to know that Europe managed to bypass industrialization for the past 100 years. Big picture indeed...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You guys ever heard of pollution outsourcing? That's why the US is so high on the list. The rest of the world outsourced pollution to the US for nearly a century, in the form of manufacturing and production. Sorry, numbers don't begin to tell the whole story.
And here I thought the US was outsourcing manufacturing and production left, right and center. Silly me. :whistle:
Great, so 15 years of outsourcing growth and we just ignore 100 years of industrialization? Big picture.

Good to know that Europe managed to bypass industrialization for the past 100 years. Big picture indeed...

Whoever said they bypassed industrialization? I sure didn't. However, we did expand production at a MUCH higher rate than Europe. That is apparent in the export numbers of said parties.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Whoever said they bypassed industrialization? I sure didn't. However, we did expand production at a MUCH higher rate than Europe. That is apparent in the export numbers of said parties.

Alright, then lets talk export nations in comparison. Take Germany. The export nation period. German exports were $1.33 trillion compared to $ 1.13 trillion for the US in 2006. Germany has historically been a nation that build it's economy post WWII on exports.And yet, somehow they manage to reduce their GHG emissions while the US increases.

That dog don't hunt. Try again.

Timeline

Alright, then lets talk export nations in comparison. Take Germany. The export nation period. German exports were $1.33 trillion compared to $ 1.13 trillion for the US in 2006. Germany has historically been a nation that build it's economy post WWII on exports.And yet, somehow they manage to reduce their GHG emissions while the US increases.

At the same time they have a fraction of the population that the US does. Again, big picture. The US has MUCH larger domestic needs on top of our exports.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe that is an official pwn'ing if I ever saw one.

Timeline

I believe that is an official pwn'ing if I ever saw one.

Because you want it to be. You can't expect a pixel to describe a picture.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I say we should sign Kyoto and then ignore it like all the other countries have done. Then everyone can feel good about themselves.

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

At the same time they have a fraction of the population that the US does. Again, big picture. The US has MUCH larger domestic needs on top of our exports.

I take that as your conceding that the export argument you tried to make was garbage.

As for the per capita GHG emissions:

Despite producing for other countries (including the US) more than three times what the US produces for other nations per capita, Germany still looks much better on per capita emissions. What's your point?

800px-GHG_per_capita_2000.svg.png

ETA: That's your "Big Picture" right there.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog