Udella&Wiz

What the heck did they do to the Heinz Ketchup???

310 posts in this topic

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ketchup on ice, mmmmmmmmmmmm Snow cone anyone!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Bashing the entire US because you don't like the brands of food where you live (and i'm sure you have options) or because the water in your town is gross is just silly.

I hope you guys don't really all hate the US this much. It makes me sad :(

quite frankly, i hate the states and dont hide it. ive been this way since i was about 6. i used to head bang on VJ about it-- there's no point. it isnt changing. :( little things that bother me and make me home sick just make me resent it more. its a personal thing and i dont see it changing. i really hope it doesnt make you sad-- that to me i find silly. you cant please everyone and im ok with disliking it here :P im not about to chase people with pitch forks :P

my reasons to move here were

1 it was faster than the alternative

2 it was cheaper than the alternative

3 brian would make more cash working down here in computers rather than in canada, and i intend to stay home and raise my kids when we start a family. last but not least

4 brian is an only child of an only child. i was considerate of his mother. brian has said hed rather live in Toronto.

i noticed the foods are different and mentioned the differences. those things arent why i dislike the states :P

as for a water sofenter-- awesome idea-- i do intend to have one installed when i build- right now we rent. Brians family has one , their water is slightly better but even they said when they moved here it took over 7 years to get them to stop itching each time they showered and now to prevent it they only shower every other day. they moved to OH from CT . i also intend to drink from the taps when visiting homes and models in areas we intend to build in so i can sample the goods, and hope it will be decent. ive run frequent cycles of vinegar in the dishwasher and clothing washer a few times a month to try to keep it calcium free. thanks to the poster that mentioned it (cant remember now), it has been employed and helps a bit :)

please dont take my view on my location as your own- or be offended by it. my thoughts and opinions are all based on my life experiences and shouldnt in any way get you upset or change the way you feel.

i will still mention what is different about the foods when asked, especially if youre wondering what you should bring down from canada. i cant tell you how disappointed i was when i first moved here. well i can tell you but ... i cant really express how depressed i felt. it may have had to do with other things as well but it was definitely the straw that broke me.

there are always things from where you used to live that you never really knew you liked/needed/comforted you so much until they were no longer available. things you see as normal or everyday where you lived before quite frequently arent available once you move, so it is sometimes nice to know in advance. as for the bottled water... i usually fill portable bottles from our 5 gallon dispenser, then refrigerate it, im not actualy buying case upon case of single bottles if that was your worry hah.

the one thing i can say i like about the states... its made me really love canada more . i look more and more forward to my visits up there and get more excited about them.

and reba the fish and chips... that was the last meal i had on my last visit in september.... so yummy.

-Natalie and Brian in Lebanon, Ohio

i%20am%20canadian.JPG

Want to see my K1 visa timeline? Click Here

Want to see my AOS timeline? (quick version below)

07-08-05 Mailed AOS packet

12-12-05 AOS approved; no interview

12-17-05 Green card recieved + Welcome letter.

WHERE WE ARE NOW Filing for Citizenship

10 Yr GC petition

11-20-07 I-751 Pkg mailed to Nebraska (here we go again)

11-23-07 Confirmed delivered to PO Box

11-23-07 NOA 1 date

12-07-07 NOA 1 Received in the mail

Our case is now at the Cali SC. The 6 month timer ticks.

12-12-07 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

01-03-08 Biometrics

01-04-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

01-06-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

03-19-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 18, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

03-24-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 22, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED.

~~~~~~

34e1c26.jpg Y!: natalie_c81 AIM: pdd4me81 MSN: nataliec81

If you read a lot of posts here, the ONLY reason we're here is because our spouse couldn't make the move to Canada. (at least not yet)

:nod:

that ketchup picture is priceless btw lol

i%20am%20canadian.JPG

10 Yr GC petition

11-23-07 NOA 1 date

01-03-08 Biometrics

On March 18, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

On March 22, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED.

~~~~~~

Timeline
Bashing the entire US because you don't like the brands of food where you live (and i'm sure you have options) or because the water in your town is gross is just silly.

I hope you guys don't really all hate the US this much. It makes me sad :(

quite frankly, i hate the states and dont hide it. ive been this way since i was about 6. i used to head bang on VJ about it-- there's no point. it isnt changing. :( little things that bother me and make me home sick just make me resent it more. its a personal thing and i dont see it changing. i really hope it doesnt make you sad-- that to me i find silly. you cant please everyone and im ok with disliking it here :P im not about to chase people with pitch forks :P

my reasons to move here were

1 it was faster than the alternative

2 it was cheaper than the alternative

3 brian would make more cash working down here in computers rather than in canada, and i intend to stay home and raise my kids when we start a family. last but not least

4 brian is an only child of an only child. i was considerate of his mother. brian has said hed rather live in Toronto.

i noticed the foods are different and mentioned the differences. those things arent why i dislike the states :P

as for a water sofenter-- awesome idea-- i do intend to have one installed when i build- right now we rent. Brians family has one , their water is slightly better but even they said when they moved here it took over 7 years to get them to stop itching each time they showered and now to prevent it they only shower every other day. they moved to OH from CT . i also intend to drink from the taps when visiting homes and models in areas we intend to build in so i can sample the goods, and hope it will be decent. ive run frequent cycles of vinegar in the dishwasher and clothing washer a few times a month to try to keep it calcium free. thanks to the poster that mentioned it (cant remember now), it has been employed and helps a bit :)

please dont take my view on my location as your own- or be offended by it. my thoughts and opinions are all based on my life experiences and shouldnt in any way get you upset or change the way you feel.

i will still mention what is different about the foods when asked, especially if youre wondering what you should bring down from canada. i cant tell you how disappointed i was when i first moved here. well i can tell you but ... i cant really express how depressed i felt. it may have had to do with other things as well but it was definitely the straw that broke me.

there are always things from where you used to live that you never really knew you liked/needed/comforted you so much until they were no longer available. things you see as normal or everyday where you lived before quite frequently arent available once you move, so it is sometimes nice to know in advance. as for the bottled water... i usually fill portable bottles from our 5 gallon dispenser, then refrigerate it, im not actualy buying case upon case of single bottles if that was your worry hah.

the one thing i can say i like about the states... its made me really love canada more . i look more and more forward to my visits up there and get more excited about them.

and reba the fish and chips... that was the last meal i had on my last visit in september.... so yummy.

ur entitled to your opinion, and others should respect that!! And were in the Canada forum so should be semi-safe to state that,lol I have told my wife if I was all of a sudden alone, i would more than likely be making my way back to Canada, becuase thats where my family is, and the DC region is far too big for my liking!! Cheers

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

and im ok with disliking it here :P im not about to chase people with pitch forks :P

:o

:innocent:

i%20am%20canadian.JPG

10 Yr GC petition

11-23-07 NOA 1 date

01-03-08 Biometrics

~~~~~~

Timeline

Might spill ur beer if ur out running with a pitch fork!!

Beware this is the place where Canadians feel they can complain as well. It makes us feel at home.

So true Carla! Well said.

I'm sorry you are down, wish there was something I could do to cheer you up. Anyway, here is a picture of the great white north - hope this helps :)

ketchup1.jpg

#######! LMAO This made me laugh so hard!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might be in the Canada forum but there are several USC that also use this section of the forum. There is a difference between saying "oh I miss the food" and "oh I hate this country." I love my country and am very proud of it and coming here to read others bashing it is very offensive. If I moved to Canada and absolutely hated it, I would not stay there. I can understand missing home, and saying things are different here (of course they will be) but saying you hate the entire country is OF COURSE going to offend people. You are entitled to your opinion but don't expect stating it to have no repercussions. If I was living in Canada and came here and said "I hate this country I'm only here because I have to be" would make some people pretty pissed.

My fiance of course has his gripes, but mostly about me living in a small town which we intend to change when he joins me. The water at his house is no better than the water at mine. The US and Canada are so much alike, I can't really understand calling it culture shock unless you miss the snow. When I go up there, it is no different than being at home except the money is more colorful and it's a lot colder..and it's hard to find sweet tea that isn't flavored :P . I would never go up there and state to everyone around how much I hate it, to me that is just disrespectful.

Leaving the forum because of this is just silly. Talk about overly dramatic.

P.S. a tip for making the water taste better without installing equipment -- boil the water, put it in a pitcher in the fridge. It's heavenly :wub:

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

Filing Method : Mail

Timeline

If I was living in Canada and came here and said "I hate this country I'm only here because I have to be" would make some people pretty pissed.

They have but we were still polite to them :thumbs:

My fiance of course has his gripes, but mostly about me living in a small town which we intend to change when he joins me. The water at his house is no better than the water at mine. The US and Canada are so much alike, I can't really understand calling it culture shock unless you miss the snow.

Some people are more sensitive to the differences I think. Especially if you have lived in one country for many years.

:huh:

ninjahijack.gif

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
If I was living in Canada and came here and said "I hate this country I'm only here because I have to be" would make some people pretty pissed.

They have but we were still polite to them :thumbs:

people have come to this forum and said "I hate Canada?"

My fiance of course has his gripes, but mostly about me living in a small town which we intend to change when he joins me. The water at his house is no better than the water at mine. The US and Canada are so much alike, I can't really understand calling it culture shock unless you miss the snow.

Some people are more sensitive to the differences I think. Especially if you have lived in one country for many years.

That is true, he is only 22.

by this I mean getting so upset over something posted in this forum that you decide to cut off communication, that is just silly. That is taking it a little too personal, imo.

:huh:

The thread was hijacked way before I posted ;)

Edited by DavidsPrincess

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

Filing Method :Mail

Advance Parole

Filing Method : Mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.