Jesse and Hema

How many people get AoS interview waived?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

It doesn't matter what we THINK or what we FEEL about this question.

The question was asked and we have the memo from USCIS which explains transfers are based upon caseload. To conjecture does other readers a disservice.

Insofar as those adjusting from the within the country - the submitted file for that type of adjustment likely contains NO information regarding the bonafide intent of the marriage. An adjustment petition based upon a previously filed K visa does contain consular notes regarding bonafide intent. Thus the interview can be waived - the box on the adjudicator's checklist can be ticked off.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

The question was asked and we have the memo from USCIS which explains transfers are based upon caseload. To conjecture does other readers a disservice.

Insofar as those adjusting from the within the country - the submitted file for that type of adjustment likely contains NO information regarding the bonafide intent of the marriage. An adjustment petition based upon a previously filed K visa does contain consular notes regarding bonafide intent. Thus the interview can be waived - the box on the adjudicator's checklist can be ticked off.

:o You mean I'm NOT special? :crying::bonk:

iagree.gif

:o You mean I'm NOT special? :crying::bonk:

LOL!

Of course you are!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Since early last year, the I-130 has proof of bonafide marriage requirements. Still aren't seeing many transfers for this type of adjustment.

And while conjecturing may do others a disservice, I do not believe USCIS has ever been straightforward with anyone. Everyone would serve themselves well if they stop conjecturing if THEY will or will not have an interview...but that's just me. :unsure:

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Since early last year, the I-130 has proof of bonafide marriage requirements. Still aren't seeing many transfers for this type of adjustment.

And while conjecturing may do others a disservice, I do not believe USCIS has ever been straightforward with anyone. Everyone would serve themselves well if they stop conjecturing if THEY will or will not have an interview...but that's just me. :unsure:

Everyone would serve themselves well if they would stop trying to 'guess' what the criteria might be for being approved without interview. And that was the question - what is the criteria and what does it take.

There is CLEAR anecdotal evidence within this community that the immigrants country of origin is not a factor; that prior marriages is not a factor; that having income over the minimum acceptable levels is not a factor; that withholding paper proof of the relationship within the I485 packet is not a factor.

USCIS may not always tell be 'straightforward' with us. But the evidence clearly supports the statement within the memo.

And yes, I am being a bit 'dog with bone'-ish on this one. This discussion gets under my skin everytime I see it. It's right up there (personally for me) with other discussions on this board that try to 'pigeon hole' people. Like namecheck, who gets caught, and why.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

Everyone would serve themselves well if they would stop trying to 'guess' what the criteria might be for being approved without interview. And that was the question - what is the criteria and what does it take.

There is CLEAR anecdotal evidence within this community that the immigrants country of origin is not a factor; that prior marriages is not a factor; that having income over the minimum acceptable levels is not a factor; that withholding paper proof of the relationship within the I485 packet is not a factor.

USCIS may not always tell be 'straightforward' with us. But the evidence clearly supports the statement within the memo.

And yes, I am being a bit 'dog with bone'-ish on this one. This discussion gets under my skin everytime I see it. It's right up there (personally for me) with other discussions on this board that try to 'pigeon hole' people. Like namecheck, who gets caught, and why.

No, on the things you list, I totally agree ... I'm just saying that I've yet to see a considerable amount of people filing with I-130 have their interviews waived, so it MAY have something to do with it. That other ####### is just #######.

But the 800 "WILL MY INTERVIEW BE WAIVED?!?!" posts do get tiresome. Truth is that with USCIS ... YOU NEVER KNOW. And to guess if you'll have an interview or not or if you'll get approved quickly or have a long wait is just time wasted.

So maybe we should just stop talking about it :lol:

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Hahahaha!

At the end of the day, what difference does it make if you DO get interviewed?

I mean, we were. On a 'discomfort' scale, I would compare it with a job interview. On the VERY plus side of it, at least we were told to our faces we were stuck in namecheck. Transferred adjustees whose cases take 'a long time' (whatever that means) are left to twist in the wind with no knowledge as to why they are delayed.

Timeline
Hahahaha!

I mean, we were. On a 'discomfort' scale, I would compare it with a job interview. On the VERY plus side of it, at least we were told to our faces we were stuck in namecheck. Transferred adjustees whose cases take 'a long time' (whatever that means) are left to twist in the wind with no knowledge as to why they are delayed.

Psh, I don't think it makes a difference. I was fraught with worry before our interview, but I was worried about the overstay and his tourist visa situation and the fact we had so little evidence because we'd been married less than 5 months. What we had was good enough for them, and once we were in the room it wasn't that awful.

It's the waiting before/after interviews that is the worst part. I'd think the interview is pretty minor when looking at situation's like your's and LaL's.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Hahahaha!

Psh, I don't think it makes a difference. I was fraught with worry before our interview, but I was worried about the overstay and his tourist visa situation and the fact we had so little evidence because we'd been married less than 5 months. What we had was good enough for them, and once we were in the room it wasn't that awful.

It's the waiting before/after interviews that is the worst part. I'd think the interview is pretty minor when looking at situation's like your's and LaL's.

You know I thought my situation was pretty awful too - when going through it. And I still think it's shameful that people are 'security checked' for the protection of our nation but these checks take - how long? Makes no sense to me. But....

Whenever I have spoken to politicos about namecheck, they ask for our story. I tell them we were stuck 17 months and their eyes start to glaze over. I am then usually told about how they have a case for so-and-so that's going on four years, or another that's been for five.

So yeah, there's always somebody worse off than yourself when it comes to this stuff. My Mama told me that when I was a kid - she meant it to apply to real life and being a petitioner in the service is no different from anything else we do.

Our situation was bad. Lal's is worse. There are others worse off than she and hubster.

It's always good to count your blessings. Especially this time of year.

I guess in the end it doesn't make much difference, but thanks to everyone for their replies to this thread :)

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

• 5 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is there any recent case of Interview waved ?

There is a 50/50 random chance to have an interview or not. This only applies to those adjusting from a K-1. Everyone else will definitely have an interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.