EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
@Eveline that's so cute :wub:

when is your u/s, chrissy?

3PM central, this afternoon

i have a quesion, for all the ladies who moved here from there countrys, do you miss not having your mother around, especially now you have babies?

My mom lived nearby until Spring last year, soon after Kavi was born. :( They moved out of state, very bad timing...but it had been in the works for awhile. Now I've been seeing her once a month and I know that's a lot compared to some, but I wish she still lived nearby. She does too. She is a best friend of mine, so she doesn't get on my nerves. I wish she was around. We are not happy that neither my nor Sujeet's family is near us now.

Edited by Parivar CSK

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Chrissy...boy or girl...boy or girl....I'm waiting, I'm so excited to find out :lol:

@NEssa: Unfortunately a lot of people don't support co-sleeping. My MIL (usually agreeing with me on about everything) gave me an article from the Houston Chronicle the other day on how dangerous co sleeping was. I read it and said thank you for it, haha. While I was reading it, I noticed that they wrote that babies either died because they slept with mom and 4 siblings in a twin size bed, or mom was drunk/ or under the influence, parents were terribly obese (hence they don't feel when they roll over baby) etc. If you are a new mommy, totally in tune with your baby (which you usually are), I don't think you can possibly roll over your baby. I still wake up when I hear Allie coughing in her room down the hallway. You become such a light sleeper when you're a mommy.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

I would love for my parents, not just my mom to live nearby, they are awesome and I'm not saying this just because they my parents, but they are fun to be around, very active people and very caring too. Too bad I'm the only one living in the US, my whole family lives in Peru but still I'm very happy that they are coming in April for the baby, my dad is staying with us for 3 weeks and my mom for 2 months, not bad at all, I wish she can stay a little longer but she is s teacher and can't take so long plus she is the boss in my house and my bro and sister + dad need her over there.

I had some alcohol when I went to Peru, I didn't know I was pregnant, so I had a few shots of tequila (poor little Sofia, I'm sorry baby) but after that, none..... let me be honest, I miss it a little bit hahahaha.

Girls I have a little problem, last week I ordered a bedding set from Babies R Us, the original price was $159 and got it on sale for $40. Then I tried to order the mobile and lamp that were on sale but weren't in stock so I sent them my email and today I got an email confirmation telling me that the products are back in stock, the only problem is that they don't want to give me the sale price. I called, hubby called and they say that they cannot do anything about it. What should I do? should I purchase the products with the original high price? or continue waiting for some miracle, maybe the price goes on sale again, or put that on my baby registry???? what will you do???

Here a pic of the decoration that we chose for Sofi's area, I don't say bedroom because she will be sleeping with us, I'm in love with Moon's and stars and this is perfect...

Hugs

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline

I guess I would just buy it for the higher price. I don't want to be a smarta$$ but half of that stuff you will never actually use. The blanket is for the wall, the bumper, you might have to take out after five months, diaper stackers are - to me - inconvenient since they are always empty etc. Since you got it for 40 dollars you at least got a good deal out of it though. The only thing I'm using from the bedding set that we had (it was only a three piece set) is the headbumper...the rest is all gone.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

well ladies...its....a.....GIRL!!!! pretty sure, didnt see a full open leg shot, but saw as if looking up and i saw the three lines!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Wohoooooooooooooo...yey Chrissy :dance::dance::dance: I'm sitting here (um...in my maternity dress btw...mesicko) and clapping my hands.

Congratulations on your little babygirl. I'm so happy for you.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline
Wohoooooooooooooo...yey Chrissy :dance::dance::dance: I'm sitting here (um...in my maternity dress btw...mesicko) and clapping my hands.

Congratulations on your little babygirl. I'm so happy for you.

Thankyou soooo much Eveline!!!! i feel so blessed to have a son and a daughter!

4/11/08 check cashed

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

YAY Chrissy!! How wonderful! Now you can go and buy all those cute pink things!!!

I miss my family a lot, but honestly, I'm happy with my mom not being too close. She was here for 4 weeks when Ben was born, and that was a huge help. She has tons of advice for me all the time, and it makes me sad that she misses out on a lot. But she can be very difficult to be with sometimes, so I am acutally ok with being here.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline
YAY Chrissy!! How wonderful! Now you can go and buy all those cute pink things!!!

I miss my family a lot, but honestly, I'm happy with my mom not being too close. She was here for 4 weeks when Ben was born, and that was a huge help. She has tons of advice for me all the time, and it makes me sad that she misses out on a lot. But she can be very difficult to be with sometimes, so I am acutally ok with being here.

well i had mentioned before we had applied and recieved the visa for my hubby to move to UK, but i know i want to stay.....i love my mother but lately all we seem to do is argue, i know once again i will be letting her down hugely and hurting her beyond belief, but ii like living here (which she does not understand!) i want to enjoy this pregnancy but i feel so stressed out, plus we are looking for a house as we currently live in an apartment, but am worried we wont get the loan as my hubbys credit is not great from before we were married.

I'm reaching a point where i cannot be so stressed all the time, it makes me ill. My mother is a wonderful help and i feel i am denying my mother her grandchildren. Its a terrible burden to bear. I love my mother but sometimes our relationship is strained......uhhh sorry for rambling

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

Timeline

...also add a breathable bumper. you might need it when baby figures out how to turn from back to belly and gets stuck in the bumper. That happened to adam twice in one night and I pulled out the old bumper and got me a breathable one. They sell them at Walmart (online) and Babie's R us (online and in stores).

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Vi,

You might also look for the items you want on e-bay...I have found some great deals there!

BTW, I registered for tons of stuff at Babies R Us, but only one--yes, ONE--person bought me a present off my registry! :wacko: In retrospect, it might have been more convenient for people if I had registered at Target--maybe I would have received less books and onesies (they are very cute, however!).

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Timeline

no one has any words of wisdom for me?

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

well i had mentioned before we had applied and recieved the visa for my hubby to move to UK, but i know i want to stay.....i love my mother but lately all we seem to do is argue, i know once again i will be letting her down hugely and hurting her beyond belief, but ii like living here (which she does not understand!) i want to enjoy this pregnancy but i feel so stressed out, plus we are looking for a house as we currently live in an apartment, but am worried we wont get the loan as my hubbys credit is not great from before we were married.

I'm reaching a point where i cannot be so stressed all the time, it makes me ill. My mother is a wonderful help and i feel i am denying my mother her grandchildren. Its a terrible burden to bear. I love my mother but sometimes our relationship is strained......uhhh sorry for rambling

I hear you. It's similar with my mom. It breaks my heart that my parents don't get to see their grandchild as much as they would if we lived there. They care a lot. But I also feel guilty, like I am denying her my son. It's a tough decision, but it is YOUR family. You need to be where you and your husband and your kids are happy and if it is in the US then you have to figure out compromises, like visiting a lot, skyping etc. I skype almost every day with my dad and we try to visit each other a lot. My sister just got pregnant in Germany, so my mom is more focused on her baby than mine. :P which helps her, I guess.

My husband is tied to NY for his job, so there is no way that he could just quit and move to Germany, But I am fine with that. I am homesick every now and then, but since we have the baby I feel a lot more at home in this country because I have my own family now.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Thankyou, i feel the same.....i just wonder if we dont use his visa at a later date could we re apply if we wanted 2?

Plus i feel like we worked so hard to get me here to just throw it all away

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png