email@example.com (for K-1 and immigrant visas);
firstname.lastname@example.org (non-immigrant visa inquiries)
||376 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
||Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Best Contact Method:
||Email (replies in 1-5 days)
Phone (Mondays/Fridays only)
Email is preferred as phone calls are meant for life and death situation.
Approx Waiting Time for Interview After Consulate Recieves
||1 - 1.5 Months
Issues Packet 3?
Packet 3 Contains:
||- DSL-1076: Visa Instruction for Fiance(e) Non-immigrant Visa Applicants
- Optional Form 167 -- Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of Law
- Sponsor Responsibility Statement
- Info on police certificate(s)
Instructions on where to download:
- Form DS-230 Part I
- Form DS-156 (2 copies) and DS-156K
- Affidavit of Support
UPDATE SEPT 2016:
Immigrant and K Visa Appointment Package Instructions
- List of documents required for interview such as evidence of on-going relationship, police certificate(s), birth certificate and other records
- Steps on how to schedule for interview appointment online
- Info on scheduling medical examination appointment
- Visa fee payment
Instructions on where to download:
- Form DS-160
- Affidavit of Support
Issues Packet 4?
Packet 4 Contents (if known):
||- Appointment letter with the scheduled interview date
- Form DS-230 part II
- Medical check-up forms for the panel doctor and vaccinations info
- Form for a list of countries visited in the last 10 years
- List of forms required during the actual interview
UPDATE NOV 2016:
No Packet 4 for K1 visa.
Forms to Consulate?
||In P3: A copy of the beneficiary's passport, DS-230 part I and DSL-1076 (Checklist). Use POS EKSPRES - costs RM4 and gets there the day after.
UPDATE SEPT 2016: To email the Consulate the confirmation pages of DS-160 and interview appointment.
Other Forms (if any)?
||- Essential forms: DS-160 / DS-260 and appointment confirmation pages.
- 2 photos (5mm x 5mm, or 2"x2")
- Passport (all old and current)
- Beneficiary's birth certificate (copy and original, translation required if certificate is not in English)
- Latest Police certificate (validity for 1 year)
- Marriage & divorce certificates (if applicable)
- Medical results (a sealed envelop from the doctor or doctor will send directly to embassy via eMedical).
- Affidavit of Support (Form I-134 / I-864)
- Proof of financial ability: Employment letter, IRS tax returns, W2 form, bank letter, etc.
- Evidence of relationship: 2-3 photos, boarding passes, emails, letters, etc.
Direct Consular Filing Offered?
If DCF Allowed: For all or only US citizen lawfully resident in country?
Can fiance(e)/spouse attend interview?
Visa fee payment "same day" or "in advance"?
Did embassy schedule interview or could you walk-in?
Visa issued same day?
If not what's the waiting period?
||3 days. Place of collection/delivery of passport depends on where you chose when scheduling the interview appointment.
Is the Medical exam same day as interview?
||Prior to Interview
Cost of Medical Exam?
||You are advised to bring RM1000 - RM1500 on the day of the check-up, but it could cost less or more. Payments in CASH TERM only. (for Drs. Catterall, Khoo, Raja Malek & Partners, payments are accepted in Cash or Card - updated Jul 2023)
JUL 2023 update
RM642 with 1 vaccination (Flu)
NOV 2020 update
RM826 with 2 vaccinations (Flu & DTP)
RM415 in east Malaysia
Latest update: Medical result validity had shorten from 12 months to 6 months for normal case. In the event if visa approved, you would have less than 6 months time to enter United States otherwise VISA considered expiry.
List of doctors?
||1. Dr. Tengku Zurina, Dr. Gayatri Shukla, and Dr. Low Ching Mun
Drs. Catterall, Khoo, Raja Malek & Partners
Lobby Floor, Bangunan Ming
Jalan Bukit Nanas, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-20783200 / 03-20783212 / 03-20781797
2. Dr. Lim Tock Hooi
25 Dato Koyah Road
Dr. Kang Tee Yong
173 Jalan Song Thian Cheok
FYI: X-ray film is not necessary for the interview, so only bring the other medical report envelope to the interview. Hand carry the X-ray film with you when you go to US upon entry.
Update Jul 2023: X-ray film is given in CD format for hand carry purposes.
Don't forget to bring your passport along. Also, try to go for the check-up before noon so that you can get the x-ray done on the same day. Not very long wait but there were many people at the x-ray place. Both clinics closed at 4.30pm
Daya X-ray Specialist Centre Sdn. Bhd.
Menara DBKL 2
Jln Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2698 0981
UPDATE Jul 2023 for Drs. Catterall, Khoo, Raja Malek & Partners:
Medical report is only ready 7 days after medical examination. Documents required to bring to the medical examination are:
1. Original passport
2. 4 US visa sized photos (no longer required, photo is taken at the clinic by the receptionist / nurse)
3. Appointment confirmation slip
4. US address where you will be staying
5. Immunisation records (if have) & Covid-19 vaccination record
6. Payment in cash & cards
PS: If you x-ray result shows scarring on your lungs, then you'll need to return to the the clinic for the doctor to collect sputum for TB (Tuberculosis) for 3 consecutive days. The result will be known after 8 weeks due to the slow growing nature of TB.
How many Passport Photo's Required for the medical?
How many Passport Photo's Required at the interview?
Estimated waiting time at the consulate on the day of interview?
||Average 1-3 hours depending what time you enter the embassy.
||1. MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
2. Varicella (Chickenpox)
3. Influenza (Seasonal Flu)
4. Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
5. Hepatitis B
(More vaccinations required if under 18)
Cheap and good hotels near the Consulate?
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 1 800 88 0888
165, Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 1 800 88 3292
Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 1 800 88 3886
||- When arranging documents for the interview, keep it simple. They ask for the documents needed slowly and one at a time.
- During the interview, the interviewer asks questions as he/she goes through your documents. Questions are specific and directly related to your application.
-MARCH 2009 UPDATE: THE US EMBASSY WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT THE ONE DAY CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT, APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR THE LONGER CERTIFICATION PROCESS OF 1-2 MONTHS VIA ONLINE APPLICATION (www.kln.gov.my)
- Translation of Birth Certificate can be obtained from:
For Malaysians, just request an extract of a birth certificate from any Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (NRD) office. It only costs RM5 and you must produce your IC. It takes 30 mins to produce the birth certificate (new format which contains english translations).
**Note: If your birth certificate is entirely in Malay, have them translated from a Translator instead. NRD doesn't translate the entire birth certificate (eg. They may translate the prompt 'Jantina' to 'Gender' but they do not translate the input 'Lelaki/Perempuan' to 'Male/Female').
Institut Terjemah Negara Malaysia
Malaysian Translation Association
171a, 1st Floor, Jalan Maharajalela 50150 Kuala Lumpur
Tel/Fax: 03 4149 7210
Costs RM80 for same-day processing, RM50 for 3-day processing (you get 2 copies), RM5 for each extra copy, RM10 for courier
(E-mail a scanned copy to Alia.)
Kompleks Mahkamah Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Duta, 50592 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 6209 4000
RM30 translation service charge