Single Status Update
i'm sorry to bother you.
Given your experience, would you advise that we go ahead and submit our AOS & IV package ? My husband filed his taxes the past 6yrs as HOH. Married July 2016, and he meets the 5 that you've posted from Turbotax (Copied below).
Any suggestions or encouragements? Please and thank you!
- You won't be filing jointly with your spouse; and
- Your spouse didn't live in your home after June (temporary absences due to illness, school, vacation, business, or military service don't count); and
- Your home was your child's, stepchild's, or foster child's main home for more than half the year; and
- You paid more than half the costs of keeping up your home during the tax year; and
- You meet the qualifications to claim the child as your dependent, even if the other (noncustodial) parent is actually claiming the child as a dependent on their return.