(I wasn't able to find the answer to this specific question in the forums, sorry if it's here and I couldn't see it!)
My fiancée and I are really interested in planning our wedding for Fall 2016 (Aug/Sept). I mailed the I-129F application in the first week of January. She already has a 10 year tourist visa that she obtained last fall, and she's been to the US once since getting the visa. She plans to make another quick visit this May. She still has a life in France; she has no intention of over-staying her US visits.
My question is: would it be safe to plan for a fall wedding? Could she come here on her tourist visa in September (if, say, the K-1 visa has not been approved by then) to have the wedding? Worst case, she flies back to France after the wedding party. Then she can come back to the States whenever the K-1 is approved to get legally married. This way, I'm thinking that we can at least plan a wedding date and get the wedding party out of the way. We're also trying to have a wedding party in Morocco (which needs to be a week before the US wedding) - planning is a nightmare!
I should stress that we do not intend for her to stay here in the US in September and apply for AOS. We want to do it the right way and wait for her K-1 visa to be approved. Just trying to see if she can come as a tourist and get the wedding out of the way, even if it means that she can't stay here after the wedding party.
(I'm using the term 'wedding party' to distinguish between 'getting married', which could be interpreted as getting legally married.)