So my husband and I lived in a remote part of the US and lived there for 3+ years. We applied for citizenship on his behalf while there but I transferred with my job and we are in an entirely different region of the US now. We notified the USCIS of address change. I guess we thought they'd change the venue as well. We got a letter at the end of January with our local USCIS address but an interview back at the interview station that was nearest to our old home (which was 4 hours from our old home consequently). Its been about a year since we applied and 9 months since we last heard from USCIS until now.
He stopped by our local office which told him to send request and a copy of the letter to the USCIS which he did. We were told its possible they will deny the change of venue. We'd be looking at a loss in employment and/or 1000$ ticket to fly half way across country to the tiny airport near the old venue for my husband to make that interview. Its just not feasible really with 4 kids and 2 working parents. He is of course in a newer employment position given our relocation.
What can we expect going forward? Should we prepare for the worse or just a longer delay?