I have read many comments and opinions on the forums here regarding this matter, but am still not sure that I have found the best solution.
Therefore would be extremely grateful on any advice and/or input concerning my case.
Here it is:
I am a lawful permanent resident through marriage to a US citizen and received my green card in Feb. 2014. Removed conditions and received the permanent one in June 2016. Am already eligible to apply for naturalization since am married to the same person and have the required physical presence in the US.
However, between March and September 2014 I took a trip abroad that lasted over 6 months and therefore my continuous residence may be disrupted. During that time, I kept my ties to the US as bank accounts, filed taxes, had my US medical insurance, my spouse remained in the US and I was employed as a contractor by a US-based company receiving monthly bank deposits for the work I was doing. Unfortunately I am not able to provide a lease as during that time my spouse was living at his parent's house and rent was paid in cash with no receipts given.
Given all this, my question is to what would be the best way to go - apply now and submit the supporting documentation that I have as tax returns, bank deposits from my contractor job, and medical insurance for the time I was abroad, or wait until September 2017 and file for naturalization then without the need of supporting documentation as I returned from my trip in September 2014 and in this case there would be no disruptions in the continuous residence.
Thank you in advance for your assistance!