Hello to all VJ followers,
I read a lot of topics about B2 applicants wanting to visit boyfriends/girlfriends in the US. My B2 interview is scheduled for this coming Friday (Nov, 17th) and I am kind of nervous about it. I have been in the US 3 times on a J1 visa and have never overstayed.
I want to visit my boyfriend in Houston for 2 weeks in February 2018 and do sightseeing with him. The supporting documents that I have prepared are:
1) Boarding passes from previous trips (Japan in April 2017, Spain in June 2017) + invoices for accomodation and plane tickets about upcoming trips to Netherlands (3 days) and Turkey (1 day) (in December 2017), Malta (6 days for NYE).
2) Letter from employer that I am on a indefinite employment contract (been working there for 2 years now) and confirmation that I am obligated to use 20 days of paid leave in 2018 + my work contract (about 80 pages) that says that if I want to quit I need to give them a minimum of 30 days notice that may be up to 12 weeks depending on my work experience.
3) Bank statements proving that I have sufficient funds to pay for my trip (around $7000).
4) Certificate that I own a car since 2015 (it's not an expensive car).
5) Invitation letter form my boyfriend and a picture of his US passport.
However I am concerned about two things:
1) I listed my boyfriend's name as a contact person on the DS-160 and his current address. However he will be changing it soon, so I listed a hotel address that I will be staying at. Do you think this may be a red flag?
2) I definitely will not lie about my intentions to visit him. As an addition my best friend lives in Miami and she said she will try to come to Houston to meet me if my visa is approved. However based on what I read, it would be better not to mention that I have a boyfriend unless they ask me. The thing that bothers me is how should I answer if they ask "What is the purpose of your trip?". Do you think it may sound wrong if I say "I want to do sightseeing and meet up with my American friends."
Thank you a lot for your help and advises. Your help would be much appreciated!