trinket

N-400 Traffic citation court record destroyed

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone,
I had a traffic citation around three years ago. I was a new driver and misjudged a sharp turn, freaked out and wrecked into a building.  No damages to the building or any other being, other than my ego.
Anyway, since I was on a learner's permit and did wreck into the building I got a citation, paid my dues (around $135.00) and kinda forgot about it all.

I did fill out the info on my N-400 application and my interview is scheduled for next month.

While I was making sure of all the paperwork, I realize that I don't have any official court record of this incident. The county office's website states that they destroyed the case file in March of 2018.

They still do have my info on the public website for anyone to search but at the same time, it states that it isn't the official court record.

Any suggestions on how should I prepare for this? Would the paperwork from county website be sufficient enough? 
It does show all the details and my payment and everything.

I also did obtain official driver's record from our state which does show those points I got back then. But not sure how I can obtain the citation court record when they destroyed it. 

47 minutes ago, trinket said:

Hey Everyone,
I had a traffic citation around three years ago. I was a new driver and misjudged a sharp turn, freaked out and wrecked into a building.  No damages to the building or any other being, other than my ego.
Anyway, since I was on a learner's permit and did wreck into the building I got a citation, paid my dues (around $135.00) and kinda forgot about it all.

I did fill out the info on my N-400 application and my interview is scheduled for next month.

While I was making sure of all the paperwork, I realize that I don't have any official court record of this incident. The county office's website states that they destroyed the case file in March of 2018.

They still do have my info on the public website for anyone to search but at the same time, it states that it isn't the official court record.

Any suggestions on how should I prepare for this? Would the paperwork from county website be sufficient enough? 
It does show all the details and my payment and everything.

I also did obtain official driver's record from our state which does show those points I got back then. But not sure how I can obtain the citation court record when they destroyed it. 

List it on your application. In absence of the actual citation, proof that the fine was paid and otherwise adjudicated in your favor should be enough proof.

I had the original citation for my speeding ticket  but because it was printed on thermal paper, it deteriorated quite easily. I just presented the photocopy and proof the fine was paid, that I completed the Basic Driver Improvement class and requested from our county that it was adjudicated.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

If you call or go to the clerks office were the ticket was issued they can give you a certified deposition. It cost me about five dollars,1.50 for deposition and the rest was mailing because i live in a different state.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, mr.turtle said:

If you call or go to the clerks office were the ticket was issued they can give you a certified deposition. It cost me about five dollars,1.50 for deposition and the rest was mailing because i live in a different state.

Thank you! I believe this is exactly what I needed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.