maylaw

Dakar/Senegal K1 visa interview

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BKL0v3DKR said:

The same happened with my fiancee. I think I'll wait and see what is the reason and then proceed. The day my fiancee went he said no one was approved. 

When he left they gave him a form and returned his documents. Ask him if he got a form from the screeners or the actual Consular. However everyone gets a form. I was there on site and everyone got one. They will send it back and let it expire, the notice won’t say anything besides it is expired and that will take many months. The day my fiancé went there was a lot of people and only 2 approvals. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Maria1989 said:

When he left they gave him a form and returned his documents. Ask him if he got a form from the screeners or the actual Consular. However everyone gets a form. I was there on site and everyone got one. They will send it back and let it expire, the notice won’t say anything besides it is expired and that will take many months. The day my fiancé went there was a lot of people and only 2 approvals. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

They gave him a form stating that he was ineligible for the I130, which is spouse. They kept the affidavit of support, chat and my paystubs. They let you be at the interview with him?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Diggs75 said:

Omg. So someone lied to him there because I am pretty sure he paid the 265 after he did the ds160. But since he paid the wrong place he never got notice saying he could schedule.  Never trust a man to do things right.  He could have been done and here by now. 

I don’t know who he paid but Ousk did say it was a man by Immigration trying to scam people. But the fee is to be paid in person with the DS-160 confirmation and his passport. That’s they only payments they accept. They will give you a stamped receipt which you will bring to the interview. It was 149,000 CFA they say it changes each week because of the exchange rate. That’s they only way to pay and after 2 business days the calendar will open on on the AIS website and allow for scheduling.

im the automated message it says to schedule your own appointment after paying. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, BKL0v3DKR said:

They gave him a form stating that he was ineligible for the I130, which is spouse. They kept the affidavit of support, chat and my paystubs. They let you be at the interview with him?

I thought you did the Fiancé Visa but normally it has something else on there. So they think you married ? I’m sure they said something to him

before denying him.

No I waited outside and the Security was really nice, yet through. I spoke to many of the applicants coming out as they were waiting for rides or taxis. 

But only notice you will get is one saying it expired .

Thank you for all your information!  I have him going to Senegal tomorrow to pay the bank. He lives in gambia so he has a long trip.   He didn’t pay the $265 to the place he went to fill out the DS160. I’m not sure what they charged him for.  It states online to pay an additional 200 fee, is that $200 or 200 In Senegalese money?   He’s going to try to get his medical exam done while he is there. Set his interview hopefully for next week and then hope he has everything he needs. 

Should he take print outs of some of our chats? We don’t call much because of horrible signal and dropped calls.  I’m so pissed right now that he didn’t bother to read what information I have sent him otherwise he would have known what he needed to do.   

My letter from the NVC states it expires on April 11th. As long as he has his interview by that day we will be ok right?   Any other advice?   You guys have no idea how glad I am you helped me understand all this mess. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Maria1989 said:

I thought you did the Fiancé Visa but normally it has something else on there. So they think you married ? I’m sure they said something to him

before denying him.

No I waited outside and the Security was really nice, yet through. I spoke to many of the applicants coming out as they were waiting for rides or taxis. 

But only notice you will get is one saying it expired .

Yes indeed. We did the fiancee. He scanned me the form. They did not tell him he was denied. They send they're sending the case back to immigration. On CEAC his case is on AP. Thank you.

Edited by BKL0v3DKR

Timeline
2 hours ago, Diggs75 said:

Thank you for all your information!  I have him going to Senegal tomorrow to pay the bank. He lives in gambia so he has a long trip.   He didn’t pay the $265 to the place he went to fill out the DS160. I’m not sure what they charged him for.  It states online to pay an additional 200 fee, is that $200 or 200 In Senegalese money?   He’s going to try to get his medical exam done while he is there. Set his interview hopefully for next week and then hope he has everything he needs. 

Should he take print outs of some of our chats? We don’t call much because of horrible signal and dropped calls.  I’m so pissed right now that he didn’t bother to read what information I have sent him otherwise he would have known what he needed to do.   

My letter from the NVC states it expires on April 11th. As long as he has his interview by that day we will be ok right?   Any other advice?   You guys have no idea how glad I am you helped me understand all this mess. 

No it won’t expire. My fiancé is from Gambia too the extra $200 is CFA meaning less than a dollar payable only at EcoBank in Senegal only. He will need to rent a room here the medical is about 3-5 days I recommend Dr. Thermos. Hopefully if he gets here by Wednesday he can pay and schedule for April 11. Gambia by road is about 7 hours 😳, my fiancé just went back last month to renew his passport. I would suggest using an Airbnb while he is here, they are reasonably priced and will get him a short taxi drive from the Embassy and the Dr.’s office. I would suggest the Yoff area. If you need a link I will give you one that will discount his stay $40. He can expect to stay an entire month because he will have to wait for the Visa appointment  and if they approve he will have you return on the following Tuesday or Thursday for pickup. If you want private message me your email and I will send you the link. There is a few I can recommend as Ousk has stayed in a few expect to pay about $200-$250 for a one month stay and make sure the listing has WiFi continuously available. I understand your issue with Gambia as far as the unreliable WiFi and the issues with power/current. I believe total he paid about $275 for all medical appointments. He will go to the doctor have the exam, if he passes, he will give him referral to get an X-ray, after he pays, they will give him the X-ray to return to the doctor, if the X-ray is fine, he will be given a referral to the lab where they will draw blood and take urine and pay again,  our results were ready in 2 days. He picked them up and returned them to the doctor, after about an hour he was returned all his medical in a brown sealed envelopes that can’t be opened by anyone but the Embassy. If you pass they give it to you, if not they will send it directly to the Embassy.

Oh and tell him not to get passport photos done in Gambia, they are too small. Get them in Senegal he will need 10, 8 for the Doctor and 2 for the Embasay.

Let me know if you need anything else and with an approval from January you could have been done in February. It took us one month. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, BKL0v3DKR said:

Yes indeed. We did the fiancee. He scanned me the form. They did not tell him he was denied. They send they're sending the case back to immigration. On CEAC his case is on AP. Thank you.

Well sending the case back to USCIS means it was denied 😢. There is no appeal on the K-1 and it will be left to expire. Maybe it’s one of those we don’t think it’s a bonafide relationship generic denial. That was definitely one of the questions they asked my fiancé at screening and the Consular section. They were concerned about when I came, how long I stayed. When he said I’m here now waiting outside and has been here since January and presented our lease receipts and passport stamps, they stopped that line of questioning except for the Consular asking later on, so she sitting outside waiting right now, to which he replied, “Yes I’m case you had any questions for her”. They asked him my job and specifically my position and how much I make. There was one lady who was denied because she was interchanging spouse and fiancé several times, plus she had 3 babies by this man and said they were just fiancés because he had married an American Citizen. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ and the Consular notes that she had 2 babies while he was in the US married to an american citizen. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

Well sending the case back to USCIS means it was denied 😢. There is no appeal on the K-1 and it will be left to expire. Maybe it’s one of those we don’t think it’s a bonafide relationship generic denial. That was definitely one of the questions they asked my fiancé at screening and the Consular section. They were concerned about when I came, how long I stayed. When he said I’m here now waiting outside and has been here since January and presented our lease receipts and passport stamps, they stopped that line of questioning except for the Consular asking later on, so she sitting outside waiting right now, to which he replied, “Yes I’m case you had any questions for her”. They asked him my job and specifically my position and how much I make. There was one lady who was denied because she was interchanging spouse and fiancé several times, plus she had 3 babies by this man and said they were just fiancés because he had married an American Citizen. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ and the Consular notes that she had 2 babies while he was in the US married to an american citizen. 

I was in Senegal 3 times. My last trip was last month, prior to that I was there for 4 months and before that 1 month. My home country is Senegal even though I wasn't born there. I don't know what to think anymore at this point. How long it takes to get the visa after the interview. Just wondering. Did he had to fill that complementary form  DS535.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, BKL0v3DKR said:

I was in Senegal 3 times. My last trip was last month, prior to that I was there for 4 months and before that 1 month. My home country is Senegal even though I wasn't born there. I don't know what to think anymore at this point. How long it takes to get the visa after the interview. Just wondering. Did he had to fill that complementary form  DS535.

Yes he has to do the DS-5535. Did your fiancé have to do it, I wouldn’t imagine he would if they said they was sending the case back. Ousk said many people got the form. He returned his in person and there were people returning it as well. One lady said she was picking up her Visa after filing the DS-5535 2 months prior. So it extends the wait. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

Yes he has to do the DS-5535. Did your fiancé have to do it, I wouldn’t imagine he would if they said they was sending the case back. Ousk said many people got the form. He returned his in person and there were people returning it as well. One lady said she was picking up her Visa after filing the DS-5535 2 months prior. So it extends the wait. 

Wow. Is it random or everybody has to do it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I know this information may have been said ,however i have a few questions my fiance and I was just approved on the 27th via app update and website so im waiting to call for our case number  maybe next week. first question once we receive our case number do we wait for a letter from NVC or can we schedule the doctors appointment? i need any and all help with the steps after approval i already have his folder to take to interview i just need to mail it to him. Ive completed the DS160 but im waiting on the case number to submit

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
10 hours ago, AntoinetteB said:

I know this information may have been said ,however i have a few questions my fiance and I was just approved on the 27th via app update and website so im waiting to call for our case number  maybe next week. first question once we receive our case number do we wait for a letter from NVC or can we schedule the doctors appointment? i need any and all help with the steps after approval i already have his folder to take to interview i just need to mail it to him. Ive completed the DS160 but im waiting on the case number to submit

Start on the first page of this thread I listed all the steps after USCIS approval up to thenActual

Interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Maria1989 said:

Start on the first page of this thread I listed all the steps after USCIS approval up to thenActual

Interview.

so just to be clear from what i was reading 1.once case number is assigned go to ecobank to pay fees about 265.00 2.) schedule medical appointment we need 10 passport size photos 8 for medical 2 for embassy  about 275 2.) after 2 days calendar will open up for interview schedule interview. If he passed the medical they will give him his sealed envelope to take to the interview do not open.He has family in senegal and friends he wouldn't need to stay at an airbnb am i missing a step?

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.