BackAndThereAgain

London DCF overview and question

21 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, BackAndThereAgain said:

Hello! How exciting for you. We did provide evidence with the initial application just to be safe. We provided photos from our wedding, screenshots from facebook posts/our engagement announcement, etc. It wasnt required, but we preferred to be over-prepared rather than under.

Hope all goes well for you!

Thanks for your quick answer! I guess we'll just do that, too then! One other thing I was wondering about: do you happen to know if it is possible for the embassy to send the letters and/or the passport with the visa to an address in Germany? 

My husband and I have been living in the UK for two years, but he will be moving back to the US before the DCF processing is completed to start a PhD. I would prefer to spend the waiting time with my family at home in Germany and wonder if that would be possible? Alternatively we were thinking that maybe a friend here could receive our post and then forward it to us. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
18 hours ago, ThereL said:

Hello!

Great to hear that your process was so smooth. I am about to hand in my initial I-130 docs in London, but unsure on whether to include relationship evidence or not? How did you go about this?

I have read in the Visajourney guide that London doesn't require any evidence before the interview, but contradictory accounts elsewhere, so now I'm very unsure about what to do! 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

There are two parts to a visa

1. USCIS (office is in embassy building). I-130 petition. Evidence of marriage.
  2. Dept. Of State. Immigrant Visa Unit aka "The Embassy". Visa application and interview. No further evidence of relationship needed. 

• 3 months later...

Hi all, a question about the medical examination for those who have gone through it. My husband doesn’t really remember his vaccination history and isn’t sure if he’ll be able to get records. I see on the UK site it says to just discuss this with the physician. Would he get whatever vaccinations required on the day at his medical examination or is there a way to find out what vaccines they check for so that we can get this done ahead of time and avoid any delays?

2 hours ago, Sarah H said:

Hi all, a question about the medical examination for those who have gone through it. My husband doesn’t really remember his vaccination history and isn’t sure if he’ll be able to get records. I see on the UK site it says to just discuss this with the physician. Would he get whatever vaccinations required on the day at his medical examination or is there a way to find out what vaccines they check for so that we can get this done ahead of time and avoid any delays?

Hi!

My husband HAD to get all of his vaccination records, as well as his full medical history signed by a physician. I understand that yours may not remember them, however his GP should absolutely have these records.

Even if they state there's a possibility they may not need them, it is definitely better safe than sorry. He will be able to get any vaccinations he doesn't have on the day for a fee, they are a little costly. The list of vaccines needed can be found here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2015/11/vaccine_chart.pdf

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for your response! My husband is from South Africa and reached out to his medical provider from when he was a child but they apparently don’t have any records of his vaccinations and said it’s usually the mother’s responsibility to keep track of this however, his mother passed away a few years ago so we’re still trying to find a way to get any records but are thinking of just going to get all the required vaccinations at a GP in London ahead of his medical examination to have new records. Could someone help in explaining the vaccinations chart provided? I don’t quite understand for example the first one “DTP/DTaP/DT”, is it saying they would require vaccination records showing he received the vaccine during the ages 2 Months - 6 Years, or is it saying evidence of this vaccination is not required because his current age (32) is in the “NO” bracket?

Appreciate your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah H said:

Hi guys, thanks for your response! My husband is from South Africa and reached out to his medical provider from when he was a child but they apparently don’t have any records of his vaccinations and said it’s usually the mother’s responsibility to keep track of this however, his mother passed away a few years ago so we’re still trying to find a way to get any records but are thinking of just going to get all the required vaccinations at a GP in London ahead of his medical examination to have new records. Could someone help in explaining the vaccinations chart provided? I don’t quite understand for example the first one “DTP/DTaP/DT”, is it saying they would require vaccination records showing he received the vaccine during the ages 2 Months - 6 Years, or is it saying evidence of this vaccination is not required because his current age (32) is in the “NO” bracket?

Appreciate your help!

DTP/DTaP/DT are baby/toddler  appropriate strengths for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, so that line is not for an adult.

Tdap/Td are older child and adult appropriate strengths for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis. That is what you need. 

Same diseases, but different strengths. The capital letters actually mean something. The lowercase "d" and "p" means a weaker dosage of the diphtheria and pertussis components for adults. Studies showed some adults had reactions to the stronger baby dosages so the weaker Tdap was developed.

If you can't find the adult versions, the child versions immunize you and count. My GP gave me DTP (instead of Tdap) and I had no reaction to it. And I got my visa and greencard with it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.