philipinay

Visa extension for IR2

8 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2017 at 10:39 PM, philipinay said:

Hello all,

I was wondering my 10 years old son was approved for an IR2 visa, expiration date is on March 04, 2018. I'm planning to go home in the Philippines around January or February.

Is there any possibilities I can extend his visa for a month or 2? Thanks in advance

Hi philipinay 

just wanna ask. How long you wait the approval letter of your son? Is it Texas service center? Bcoz my son is 10yrs old and waiting for the approval letter filler on April 21/17.

thank you 

congrats 

4 hours ago, Carlotta said:

Hi philipinay 

just wanna ask. How long you wait the approval letter of your son? Is it Texas service center? Bcoz my son is 10yrs old and waiting for the approval letter filler on April 21/17.

thank you 

congrats 

Hey Carlotta,

Thank you, we are a 2016 filler but anyway hope this helps you..below is the timeline of the processing of my son's IR2 visa journey.

I'm sorry but I'm really not sure which visa center it was. I'm not so good remembering stuff lol and I sent all the original papers to the Philippines for the interview purposes. I'm from Illinois though so I'm not sure if that would tell you something

which NVC it was sent to. It was a pretty long journey for us because of the bumps we've encountered like the passport and Form DS-260. I wish you and your son the best of luck, I hope and pray you get your approval letter soon.

04/22/2016----uscis received the papers

07/01/2016----letter of approval

07/07/2016---case sent to NVC

08/10/2016----got an email that we have to pay fees online

08/18/2016----Paid fees

11/07/2016---got another email from them that we had to complete the Form DS-260 online.

03/29/2017--nvc email asking us to send my son's passport. He didn't have a passport yet when we sent out papers. Our attorney never told us it was required during the process grrrr... so I had to go back to the Philippines to accompany 

him to get his passport.

06/2017---sent out his passport to nvc

07/08/2017--received mail they got his passport and his now in the queue awaiting for an interview.

07/18/2017---NVC scheduled his interview for August but I had to re scheduled it for a September 28, 2017 interview.

09/8/2017---done with his medical

9/28/2017---interview passed

10/06/2017--he got his visa on hand

On 11/20/2017 at 4:29 AM, aleful said:

no,

he must enter the country before the visa expires

you should change your plans,

I sure will. Thank you for your response :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/25/2017 at 1:22 AM, philipinay said:

Hey Carlotta,

Thank you, we are a 2016 filler but anyway hope this helps you..below is the timeline of the processing of my son's IR2 visa journey.

I'm sorry but I'm really not sure which visa center it was. I'm not so good remembering stuff lol and I sent all the original papers to the Philippines for the interview purposes. I'm from Illinois though so I'm not sure if that would tell you something

which NVC it was sent to. It was a pretty long journey for us because of the bumps we've encountered like the passport and Form DS-260. I wish you and your son the best of luck, I hope and pray you get your approval letter soon.

04/22/2016----uscis received the papers

07/01/2016----letter of approval

07/07/2016---case sent to NVC

08/10/2016----got an email that we have to pay fees online

08/18/2016----Paid fees

11/07/2016---got another email from them that we had to complete the Form DS-260 online.

03/29/2017--nvc email asking us to send my son's passport. He didn't have a passport yet when we sent out papers. Our attorney never told us it was required during the process grrrr... so I had to go back to the Philippines to accompany 

him to get his passport.

06/2017---sent out his passport to nvc

07/08/2017--received mail they got his passport and his now in the queue awaiting for an interview.

07/18/2017---NVC scheduled his interview for August but I had to re scheduled it for a September 28, 2017 interview.

09/8/2017---done with his medical

9/28/2017---interview passed

10/06/2017--he got his visa on hand

I sure will. Thank you for your response :)

Was it a copy of his passport you submitted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.