Ahmed Haider

K1 VISA “Application Received” no updates

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, my fiancée had her interview on July, 11 2017, she was prepared as we had brought all required documents. Most of which the interviewer didn’t even check! The interview went fine but afterwards she was given a white slip 221G requesting “Additional Proof of Marriage”. I found this odd as we are filing a K1 fiancée visa NOT a marriage visa. So we expressed mailed our entire engagement photo album.

Surprisingly we were sent a emailing stating this was still not enough proof of relationship. I have sent everything, financial support in the form of Western Union money transfers, photos of us on dates, photos of the engagement party and ring ceremony, backlogs of WhatsApp text messages and call logs, entry and exit passport stamps of our visit. After sending all this I didn’t receive a reply email like before.

3 months after my fiancées interview and sending all requested proof of relationship her status was finally changed from ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to APPLICATION RECIEVED. The case created and date and case last updated date were all changed accordingly to the same date October 4, 2017. The website says to check the status after 2 business days, it has now been a week and still no update.

I tried emailing the Islamabad embassy and was told it was still in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and they don’t know how long it will take. It’s really frustrating, I’m US born citizen, I provided all necessary documents and proof, yet we are still being refused. I miss her so much, I don’t understand why we are being denied? Please any help or wisdom would be appreciated.

Edited by Ahmed Haider
A word

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congratulations!

It means your visa is approved and it will get issued soon.

it was same  with my visa . I had my interview in Jul 18 , then it was in administrative processing for over two months .

then in Oct 1st my status in CEAC changed to Application received, and in Oct 4 it went back to Administrative processing.

and in Oct 11 it changed to Issued .

your status will  change  to issued soon , don't worry .

Timeline
On 10/12/2017 at 8:23 AM, RocarrM said:

Congratulations!

It means your visa is approved and it will get issued soon.

it was same  with my visa . I had my interview in Jul 18 , then it was in administrative processing for over two months .

then in Oct 1st my status in CEAC changed to Application received, and in Oct 4 it went back to Administrative processing.

and in Oct 11 it changed to Issued .

your status will  change  to issued soon , don't worry .

Thanks so much for the kind wishes, I really hope your right. 

Timeline
On 10/12/2017 at 10:17 AM, Ahmed Haider said:

Hi, my fiancée had her interview on July, 11 2017, she was prepared as we had brought all required documents. Most of which the interviewer didn’t even check! The interview went fine but afterwards she was given a white slip 221G requesting “Additional Proof of Marriage”. I found this odd as we are filing a K1 fiancée visa NOT a marriage visa. So we expressed mailed our entire engagement photo album.

Surprisingly we were sent a emailing stating this was still not enough proof of relationship. I have sent everything, financial support in the form of Western Union money transfers, photos of us on dates, photos of the engagement party and ring ceremony, backlogs of WhatsApp text messages and call logs, entry and exit passport stamps of our visit. After sending all this I didn’t receive a reply email like before.

3 months after my fiancées interview and sending all requested proof of relationship her status was finally changed from ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to APPLICATION RECIEVED. The case created and date and case last updated date were all changed accordingly to the same date October 4, 2017. The website says to check the status after 2 business days, it has now been a week and still no update.

I tried emailing the Islamabad embassy and was told it was still in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and they don’t know how long it will take. It’s really frustrating, I’m US born citizen, I provided all necessary documents and proof, yet we are still being refused. I miss her so much, I don’t understand why we are being denied? Please any help or wisdom would be appreciated.

If her case is in Ap that doesn’t mean it’s refues , in your case ( case creation date is changed ) a sign of visa issuance ( application reicived ) also good sign , in my case I’m stuck on Ready status over 4 months .. no updates at all, 

so don’t drop your gears , she will get visa soon 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.