4 posts in this topic

Just a little note on my experience for those that may be considering DCF processing through the Seoul, South Korea field office.

Overall the experience was great.  The embassy officials and security staff were kind, helpful, considerate and professional.  The total time to get through the whole process from arrival to finishing answering all our questions was around 20 min.  They opened the customer window early because we were the only people there at the time and we were a few minutes early for our appointment.  Here is a list of documents that they took when we submitted.  In the end the list of documents asked for was minimal and pretty straight forward.  

1.  i-130 and i-130a petition

2.  2 color USA Passport size photographs.  1 each for both of us

3.  Copies of the biographic pages of our passports

4.  Copy of my alien registration card

5.  Copy of my wife's Korean ID card

6.  Copies of my wife's Korean Family Census Register - 3 separate parts as outlined on the Seoul Embassy website

7.  Copy of our marriage certificate

8.  Copies of my entry and exit into and out of Korea to coaberate my address history.

9.  Fee of $535 USD

The one thing that has surprised us both is how quick approval came.  We applied on Friday September 9 just before the Labor Day weekend.  We thought it would mean a delay of a few days in what was explained to be an 8 week process.  Well, we were wrong.  The USCIS approval came on Wednesday September 6.  So in reality is took just 3 full business days to process us through DCF Seoul.  Just keep in mind that our case is very rare.  On average it is more like 5 weeks with more complicated cases taking longer.  I hope this helps people get ready for this process.  Also keep in mind that how well your documents are prepared will have a bearing on the time it takes to get through this stage.  Make sure all copies of documents have a header that lists the petitioner and or beneficiary along with the date of birth.  If you have an A-Number be sure to include that as well.  Peace to all.  Good luck and have a great one.

------------------

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. -Douglas Adams-

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Eddie2024 said:

Hi. Could you clarify the dates again please? Your post says you applied on Sept 9 and approval came on Sept 6, and your post was also dated Sept 6, but it took 3 business days. 

Thanks in advance. And the time frame in your post was very encouraging to read. 

Their timeline says they applied Sept 1.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.