3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone! I want to share with all of you a nightmare that I have been experiencing since I got married. The purpose of sharing this is to hope that someone can throw some light on my situation and help me make a good decision. 

Last December I came to U.S to spend Christmas with some friends in Columbia, Missouri. I had an application installed on my phone named Clover. On the same month an attractive, polite and nice gentlemen sent me a message. He was from Jonesboro, Arkansas. Everything seemed to be perfect. Then we decided to have our first date. He flew from Jonesboro to St. Louis. I traveled from Columbia to St. Louis to spend the weekend with him there. He asked if I liked him, if I would return with him to Jonesboro to stay there for a week due to he was going to be on holiday. I couldn't believe that finally and apparently I found my soulmate... 

I'll resume it so no one is going to get bored. 

After everything we lived together during my stay, he asked me to not live the country. At Jonesboro airport when I was returning to St. Louis he asked me to marry him. I said it was quite early. Then he asked if would I come back to stay with him before I departed to Spain and do it from Memphis. I accepted that. I was very comfortable with him and his environment and I decided to spend mine 90 days visa period with him. He asked me again to stay and to consider about marrying him, this way we could build a life together and so forth... 

I decided to stay with him, but first we had to establish the steps to be done after that choice. One of them were about my financial situation due to I was not going to be able to work for awhile. He told me that in the meantime he would take care of everything. 

We got married. We filed all the forms, etc. after that, strange things started happening. Some personal effects were stolen, like clothes, iPad, iPhone, 2,000.00 from a suitcase that was forced and the pad lock broken... not everything happened at the same day. I didn't know that he had problems with alcohol. He had a device on his car that before moving it, he had to blow into it to determine if he could drive or not. Every time that he was inebriated, he was trying to argue or fight with me. First time he attacked me; after that when he was inebriated I was avoiding any kind of dialogue to prevent arguments. However he started humiliating me and saying that I couldn't do anything because I was an illegal immigrant and he was threatening me if I reported it. He stopped buying food and essential needs to the house. There was time that I was starving. I didn't want to have sex with him, because of the way he was treating me, but in some instances he tried to force me. He deactivated my phone line to prevent me of receiving advices from family and friends. I didn't realize that little by little I was falling into depression and getting unable to react. He thought that I had a lot of money because I had a very good job in Europe. If anyone types on google Dênisson Amaral, everyone can see pictures of myself carrying out medical procedures as a nurse. Also will be shown websites supporting me as a good professional. I use to travel to many countries to give presentations in congresses and training courses. But now I feel like a loser and incapacitated after this horrible experience. Last argument he destroyed the luggage compartment of my car by hitting the back of his truck into mine. That day I was going to leave the house, but I couldn't because my car had to be fixed first. His insurance repaired everything. Then eventually and being encouraged by my best friend from Madrid, I left the house. I have a clean background and no criminal records anywhere. I also have my religion and I have served a mission long time ago as a Mormon missionary for two years. 

I'm still in Jonesboro, but I know that soon I'm going to receive the notification for the interview with the USCIS and I don't know what to do. 

Thanks in advance to anyone for paying attention to my story.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

If you want to stay in the US read up on and apply for VAWA. Otherwise you can leave and go home. Under no circumstances should you return to the abuser. It only gets worse.

~~moved from AOS from work, tourist and student visas to effects of major family changes~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.