657 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hi all, I had my interview on 6/14 at Baltimore 8am. Sat there for about 30 mins then was called into office by a pleasant 70 year old IO. He told my husband that it was optional to be in the room but he stayed. He asked the yes/no questions and for an updated medical. Luckily I had one. He asked if I was asked to bring it or if I decided to get it on my own. He asked if I had supporting documents to prove our relationship and if I came as a student. He did not want anything else. He asked where we met and about our 12 year old son...I was also 9 months pregnant and could hardly walk. He told us that I was basically approved and I would receive a decision/GC in the mail. He gave the usual letter and I'm still waiting. Status hasn't been updated and I had my baby girl on Father's Day.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, huko said:

I just finally got a text/email notification from USCIS that they got an interview date scheduled for me. It's gonna be July 25th so next month in Baltimore.

My filing date is December 9th last year so it's been almost 7 months... Baltimore isn't even like a big place so I'm just surprised the local office processes everything so slowly haha my friend in LA had her green card application approved within only 4 months!

Any interview update, @piff?

Nope - more delays for us - interesting enough! :) 

39 minutes ago, Chejemmie said:

Hi all, I had my interview on 6/14 at Baltimore 8am. Sat there for about 30 mins then was called into office by a pleasant 70 year old IO. He told my husband that it was optional to be in the room but he stayed. He asked the yes/no questions and for an updated medical. Luckily I had one. He asked if I was asked to bring it or if I decided to get it on my own. He asked if I had supporting documents to prove our relationship and if I came as a student. He did not want anything else. He asked where we met and about our 12 year old son...I was also 9 months pregnant and could hardly walk. He told us that I was basically approved and I would receive a decision/GC in the mail. He gave the usual letter and I'm still waiting. Status hasn't been updated and I had my baby girl on Father's Day.

•  

what a pleasant gift! :) hope you get a 10-year green card soon! wondering why it took you so long to get an interview at Baltimore, due to F2A?

24 minutes ago, piff said:

Nope - more delays for us - interesting enough! :) 

ah gotcha! that's strange i got the interview notice even before you did!

i contacted congressman jamie raskin's office a while back and had one of the assistants there ask their congressional liaison for update on my case. that was like a month ago and i hadn't heard back from them lately. not sure if this is the reason i got my interview notice before you but maybe you can look into contacting them too! it's like super easy. theres only one form you fill out on their website and then send them an email. 

2 minutes ago, huko said:

ah gotcha! that's strange i got the interview notice even before you did!

i contacted congressman jamie raskin's office a while back and had one of the assistants there ask their congressional liaison for update on my case. that was like a month ago and i hadn't heard back from them lately. not sure if this is the reason i got my interview notice before you but maybe you can look into contacting them too! it's like super easy. theres only one form you fill out on their website and then send them an email. 

ideally I would love to get mine from 10/5 to 12/20 - October 5th is the 2 year anniversary and leads to a 10-year green card, and 12/20 is the medicals expiration :) 

7 minutes ago, piff said:

ideally I would love to get mine from 10/5 to 12/20 - October 5th is the 2 year anniversary and leads to a 10-year green card, and 12/20 is the medicals expiration :) 

wow that's smart!

ah speaking of 2 year anniversary, mine is coming up march 2018. let's say i get the conditional residency in august 2017. will i have to wait 2 years from august (so 2019) to apply and remove condition or can i do that within 90 days from second anniversary (december 2017)? 

now that i think about it, it would be kinda dumb to just get the green card in the next couple of months, and then soon after, i gotta pay that ridiculous amount of money all over again to apply and remove condition.

37 minutes ago, huko said:

wow that's smart!

ah speaking of 2 year anniversary, mine is coming up march 2018. let's say i get the conditional residency in august 2017. will i have to wait 2 years from august (so 2019) to apply and remove condition or can i do that within 90 days from second anniversary (december 2017)? 

now that i think about it, it would be kinda dumb to just get the green card in the next couple of months, and then soon after, i gotta pay that ridiculous amount of money all over again to apply and remove condition.

you got it, it will be for 2 years. what annoys me is that there is a 1 year processing on top of that and you have to pay $700 or something like that which I don't mind but it is taking way too much and I will drink all the beer I have waiting for this game to finish.

I'm late to the party but I am a March filer living in Baltimore. I recently got word that my EAD/AP Card is in the mail after requesting an expedite so now just waiting for AOS. My husband is a USC and he and I got married in January. Biggest concern now is the scrutiny of our relationship. I sent in soooo much evidence but the kicker is: my husband and I met in October and we were in a Las Vegas chapel by January haha. Happy to be here! :D

05/11/2017: Mailed I-485, I-130, I-131, 1-765 

05/12/2017: Packet Delivered and Signed For

05/17/2017: NOA (text) Received for I-485 and I-765

05/18/2017: NOA (text) Received for I-130 and I-131

05/19/2017: Checks cashed 

05/22/2017: NOA (hard copy) Received in Mail (dated 05/17/2017)

05/26/2017: Biometrics Received (scheduled for 06/07/2017)

05/30/2017: Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

05/30/2017: SR to expedite I-765

06/05/2017: Received RFE for I-130A (dated 06/01/2017)

06/06/2017: Response to RFE Delivered

06/08/2017: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

06/12/2017: SR to expedite I-765 (with help from Congressman)

06/15/2017: EAD Approved! (34 days)

06/20/2017: EAD/AP Mailed

06/22/2017: EAD/AP Arrived in Mail (41 days)

07/06/2017-07/12/2017: Traveled on AP (POE: MIA)

12/20/2017: Letter with interview date (222 DAYS)

01/23/2018: INTERVIEW DATE!

01/24/2018: AOS Approved! (257 DAYS)

01/27/2018: Welcome to USA Letter Received (260 DAYS)

01/30/2018: Green Card Received (263 DAYS)

12/10/2019: DIVORCED!

01/22/2020: I-751 Mailed

01/24/2020: NOA Received

03/05/2020: Biometrics Completed

4 minutes ago, piff said:

you got it, it will be for 2 years. what annoys me is that there is a 1 year processing on top of that and you have to pay $700 or something like that which I don't mind but it is taking way too much and I will drink all the beer I have waiting for this game to finish.

ughhhh gotcha... well #######! so it's 2 year anniversary from the date I get my green card, not 2 year anniversary from the date of marriage... USCIS' wording is so confusing sometimes haha... and apparently only two service centres process i-751 cases - california & vermont. i checked the processing time for vermont just now and it takes freaking 11 months.

earlier today i got my interview date notice so i thought yay i was almost done with the process but i guess its not even halfway yet lmao

so for us living in baltimore region, it takes basically 4 years to go thru the whole process, from filing green card petition to getting condition removed. idk what to say anymore lol wow... i was playing with the idea of moving to dc next year for a faster condition removal but dc cases are handled in vermont as well anyway so theres no point.

yes beer helps.

7 minutes ago, EMBELL_17 said:

I'm late to the party but I am a March filer living in Baltimore. I recently got word that my EAD/AP Card is in the mail after requesting an expedite so now just waiting for AOS. My husband is a USC and he and I got married in January. Biggest concern now is the scrutiny of our relationship. I sent in soooo much evidence but the kicker is: my husband and I met in October and we were in a Las Vegas chapel by January haha. Happy to be here! :D

hahaha welcome to the party lol thats nice you know your combo card is on the way already :D at least you can travel freely outside of the country pretty soon! 

i met my husband in september 2015 we got married march 2016 and i thought that was fast hahaha 

2 hours ago, EMBELL_17 said:

love your story! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys! Driving back from our interview (October filer). Everything went pretty well. The interview was scheduled for 1:15, we came 30 minutes prior and still had to wait till at least 2 p.m. That was the most annoying part - we've seen people coming after us and being called before us. 

Nothing special about the interview itself - the IO was pretty strict to the forms, he didn't even ask anything personal (except how we met, but that's an obvious question), also not really in a mood to joke. Just polite and professional, and strictly following the protocol. 

I was re-entering the USA in March (with an AP), and he asked if I have a new I-94. I didn't have it, so he just wrote down the information from the stamp in my passport. So it might be my tip for those who were traveling, print out the new I-94, not sure how critical it is. 

After asking biographical questions from the form he asked yes/no 485 questions, then asked if we have something else for him. We handed the tax return for the new period+ insurances for car/health+ my DEERS (husband is military), that's all he needed. He barely looked at the photos (maybe took him 5 seconds lol), then said we're good, and he keeps our case for a review, explained it's a standard procedure. So I went to USCIS website page, and it says "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". 

Keep on waiting I guess. 

P.S. I found it funny, he didn't ask my husband's ID. No one in the building did. Oh well. 

Joining this Baltimore party to....dec 28th 2016 filer ... ready to be scheduled since feb for interview... I'm thinking interview for January 2018 based on Forums 😩

15 hours ago, Eternati said:

Hey guys! Driving back from our interview (October filer). Everything went pretty well. The interview was scheduled for 1:15, we came 30 minutes prior and still had to wait till at least 2 p.m. That was the most annoying part - we've seen people coming after us and being called before us. 

Nothing special about the interview itself - the IO was pretty strict to the forms, he didn't even ask anything personal (except how we met, but that's an obvious question), also not really in a mood to joke. Just polite and professional, and strictly following the protocol. 

I was re-entering the USA in March (with an AP), and he asked if I have a new I-94. I didn't have it, so he just wrote down the information from the stamp in my passport. So it might be my tip for those who were traveling, print out the new I-94, not sure how critical it is. 

After asking biographical questions from the form he asked yes/no 485 questions, then asked if we have something else for him. We handed the tax return for the new period+ insurances for car/health+ my DEERS (husband is military), that's all he needed. He barely looked at the photos (maybe took him 5 seconds lol), then said we're good, and he keeps our case for a review, explained it's a standard procedure. So I went to USCIS website page, and it says "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". 

Keep on waiting I guess. 

P.S. I found it funny, he didn't ask my husband's ID. No one in the building did. Oh well. 

I do not think there is a way to get a new I-94 based on the entry using Advance Parole - did you try to get your new I-94?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.