Madge

Applied and approved USCIS Mexico City and then ... nothing

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Realize that after the horrific USA 9/11 attacks the whole world changed, especially immigration related edicts! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 7:47 AM, Madge said:

Hello Community,

I'm a naturalized US Citizen living in Mexico City. I went to the USCIS Mexico City office in person to submit the I-130 to petition my Mexican spouse on November 18, 2016 and received an approval letter on November 22, 2016. To date, we have heard nothing from the Consular Section in Juarez.

So far, I have the PDF version of the approval letter, which came to my (petitioner) email address and a hard copy of the same letter that came to my physical address signed 'for' Rodolfo P Nuñez, Field Office Director. There was no NOA, there was no receipt number and the Beneficiary A number appears as A000-000-000 on the letter I have.

Action so far:

• I have been in touch with USCIS Mexico City by email. They have responded to all emails and gave me Juarez' official telephone number, 01 (656) 344-3003, and the website to lodge an inquiry.
  • I have lodged an online inquiry here -  https://mx.usembassy.gov/public-inquiry-form-immigrant-visas-residents/ (It takes 20-30 days for a reply)
  • I have tried , in vain, to contact the  the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez on 01 (656) 344-3003 (This leads to is a never-ending merry-go-round of recorded messages.)
  • I have successfully spoken to an immigration officer in the US who was able to access my file in the system and could see my green card and naturalisation history there but no evidence of me having filed an I-130 recently. (I called the US National USCIS office on 1800-375-5283)

Should I be worried? USCIS Mexico City said we should hear from Juarez within 2 months (66 days have passed). We have no case number and no apparent way of tracking our case. I can see from this forum that most people are able to track their case using a receipt number. I have never received one, no I-797 nor an official NOA.

Should we continue to be patient? Is it time to get a lawyer?

Best regards,

Annette 

@Madge @MXcompadre  Quick question for you guys. What proof did they ask for Mexican residency?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Madge felicidades on obtaining your March interview date at the Consulate CDJ!!! Not sure if I congratulated you previously on this... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MXcompadre,

I have just asked the consular section in Juarez to resend our appt. letter and information letter. It will arrive in a "few" days (maybe the burro is back up to full speed). Anyway, I have read in a number of places that docs. in Spanish or English don't need to be translated. You mentioned that you received your package. What does the instruction letter say about translating documents? Have you had your Mx birth. cert. translated?

Cheers,

Annette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.