4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there, 

I applied for my fiance on October 24, 2016. And it was approved on November 17, 2016. My case is now with NVC since last two months. But i have not received any latler or email in two months. I called NVC twice and they said they don't have the case any more. I  wonder what is inculded in this letter . I mean whether my fiance can apply for visa or we have to wait till letter. 

PleAse advise 

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Forget about NVC. The American embassy in India has the petition, they're the ones you need to contact.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thanks for reply. I did contact the embassy and they helped me out. Now, Embesy states that my fiance need I-134 from me and some documents from his side. I wonder whether i should send him bank statements, tax returns,  I-129 f , G-325 (Mine)  or letter of intend to marry as well? 

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, lollu said:

thanks for reply. I did contact the embassy and they helped me out. Now, Embesy states that my fiance need I-134 from me and some documents from his side. I wonder whether i should send him bank statements, tax returns,  I-129 f , G-325 (Mine)  or letter of intend to marry as well? 

Thanks 

Hi lollu,

The NVC will send a letter that states they've forwarded your packet to the embassy. If you filled out form g1145 (request to be notified electronically), when you submitted the petition, they should have emailed you. In our case they emailed and also mailed a letter (but they mailed it a week after the date on the letter itself, then it took a few days to arrive.  This letter gives your case number for the embassy.  You can get the same information by calling the NVC and giving them your WAC# from the NOA1, then asking for your case number. Also, you can ask if they have your email on file.

The embassy should have emailed you (if you filled out the g1145) instructions on what to provide for the interview, such as these I found, below (may be out-of-date):

If they did not, you can ask the NVC how to obtain these; they can give you the correct email or phone number of the embassy to let them know you didn't receive written instructions.

The letter they send you (or should have sent you) will state exactly what is needed for that embassy, but the ones I attached will give you a good idea.  

You will need to send your fiance originals of documents you submitted with the I-129F petition (official documentation such as birth certificates and copies of signed forms, as well as evidence such as boarding passes and receipts, from the first petition; I believe he will need the NOA2 - I gave my fiance all the notices we'd received, as well, though that may not be mandatory. You will also need to provide a new letter of intent from both you and him (reaffirmation), recently signed and dated.  

You can download tax transcripts from the IRS site (it's good to give extra evidence of financial support), but the I-134 instructions https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf? show that you must provide the following financial evidence:

Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

(1) Date account opened;

(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and

(3) Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:

(1) Date and nature of employment;

(2) Salary paid; and

(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

(1) Copy of last income tax return filed; or

(2) Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s). [this is only if you have any, of course]

This is our Table of Contents for the packet that my fiance took to the embassy (made generic, to share here).  We made a correction to his G-235A, but it is not a required document for us to both resubmit, since the embassy has the original, singed version(s) from the petition:

DS-160 Confirmation – [Beneficiary] - your fiance will need to fill this out online before he can schedule the interview.

Passport – [Beneficiary]

Original Birth Certificate with translation – [Beneficiary]

Certified Police/Court Certificate with translation – [Beneficiary]

Certified Military Records with translation– [Beneficiary]

Two 2 x 2 in. Photographs – [Beneficiary]

Certified Certificate of No Marriage with translation – [Beneficiary]

Termination of Prior Marriage (Certificate of Absolute Divorce) – Petitioner’s and/or Beneficiary’s, if applicable

Evidence of Support – [Petitioner – required]

·         Form I-134 Affidavit of Support

·         Job Letter ([Company Name])

·         Bank Letter ([Bank Name])

·         [Additional evidence such as W-2s, Job Offer Letters, Paystubs, tax transcripts – list]

Medical Examination – [Beneficiary]

·         Medical Packet ([Name of Clinic])

·         International Certificate of Vaccination booklet

Notification Letters (K-1 Visa)

·         Form 1-797C, Notice of Action (WAC#) – [MM/DD/YY]

·         Form 1-797, Notice of Action (Approval Notice with envelope) – [MM/DD/YY]

·         National Visa Center (Case Number# notification) – [MM/DD/YY]

Evidence of Relationship (since [Month, Year] when I-129F packet for K-1 Visa Petition was submitted)

·         Fiancée Letter of Intent (Reaffirmation) – [Petitioner]

·         Fiancé Letter of Intent (Reaffirmation) – [Beneficiary]

·         Evidence of vacation together in ([Country, Date Range])

o    Examples:  Photos together in [City, Country] ([XY] photos in album), Boarding Passes, travel items/receipts, updated Passport Pages, airline online check-in, itineraries

Communications since [Month, Year]

·         Example:  Selected Communications (Facebook, IM, Skype), Skype Screenshots,  Logs [Date Range], Monthly Statements/Current Subscription, Phone Call Screenshots ([Viber], Cell Phone)

·         Additional Wedding Details

o    Examples:  Emails with wedding officiant, Wedding Ceremony Script

·         Other Financial Evidence – [Petitioner]

o    Examples: Money Transfers, Life Insurance / Retirement Beneficiary designations, property titles / values

·         Original Documents (copies previously submitted in the I-129F K-1 Visa Petition packet submitted [Month, Year])

o    Certificate of Absolute Divorce [for Petitioner/Beneficiary, as applicable]

o    Birth Certificate – [Petitioner]

o    Boarding Passes, Travel Receipts & Items

o    Photos

o    Wedding Ring Receipt

Best wishes to you!!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.