vosovski

Poverty limits and travel document questions before sending AOS packet

3 posts in this topic

We are just about to send out our AOS/ED and travel document packet to USCIS, but not before clearing few things up.

1. Poverty limit. I was laid off last September due to company bankruptcy and has been unemployed since then looking for a better job opportunity. Poverty limit for household of two is $20,000 and I made more than that while being employed. Will this be an issue?

2. Travel document fee. Is $135 fee needed if applying for travel document while filing AOS/ED should the check? I-131 instructions note that fee is not required if I-485 was filed after July 30, 2007 with fee paid, but only if I-485 is still pending and if my fiancee holds US refugee or asylee status. Is she? If fee is required, should I send one bigger check or two separate checks (both to US Department of Homeland Security)?

1. Get a co sponsor or wait until you are employed, the poverty guidelines likely will go up around March, currently $ 20,0025.

2. You don't pay extra for the work authorization and travel permit when filing with  AOS together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.