Jump to content

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I want to apologize if this is the wrong section to pose this question. My wife is a citizen of vietnam. She has received her green card and we went to vietnam to visit her family. However during the visit i lost her passport. What steps do i take? Do i go through vietnam or us embassy? Thanks in advance for any advice or point in the right direction.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is your wife right now?

If she's in Vietnam, then she can get a new passport from the immigration office at her local police department.

If she's in the US, then you need to go through the Vietnamese Embassy or a Vietnamese Consulate to replace her passport.

The US Embassy in Vietnam can not help her replace a Vietnamese document.

Edited by aaron2020

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're lucky you're actually in her country of issue (passport) at the moment. They will have her information on file, and you can pick it up when it's ready.

If you explain the old passport has been lost, and probably pay a rush fee, maybe you can get it sooner. Does she still have her green card?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.