Jacque67

Russia "tried to help" Donald Trump win election, CIA concludes

125 posts in this topic

The good guys won, end of story.How does not matter

I have a feeling that it didn't matter who won the election. The American people lost.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: Timeline

I have a feeling that it didn't matter who won the election. The American people lost.

I have a feeling we have elected the second coming of Ronald Reagan. The country is already getting in a better mood knowing we don't have to deal with 4 more years of Obama and his failed policies and not having to deal with Hillary Clinton.

I have high hopes for Trump

I have a feeling we have elected the second coming of Ronald Reagan. The country is already getting in a better mood knowing we don't have to deal with 4 more years of Obama and his failed policies and not having to deal with Hillary Clinton.

I have high hopes for Trump

He may be better than Reagan because he has no political correctness in him and his wife is hotter and has no undue influence. Nancy kind of had Reagan whooped. Never good for a man

Also Trunp has Twitter, Its a great tool. Like instant fireside chat.

When Fake News Giant CNN ran the fake story this week, that Trump would be working on the apprentice, while serving as president. he was able to instantly tweet they made it up. n cut thru the lies. Thats why Tweeter drives the liberals nuts

He may be better than Reagan because he has no political correctness in him and his wife is hotter and has no undue influence. Nancy kind of had Reagan whooped. Never good for a man

When Fake News Giant CNN ran the fake story this week, that Trump would be working on the apprentice, while serving as president. he was able to instantly tweet they made it up. n cut thru the lies. Thats why Tweeter drives the liberals nuts

Comparing Twitter to the Fireside chats shows just how low we have gotten.

The tweeter feed are pure greatness. You are right he can deal with new stations like CNN and MSNBC who are always trying to slant the news.

I am proud to be American again, and I can feel national pride coming back to the USA.

The word you are looking for is informed . we have gotten informed

I'm not opposed to Twitter or the internet in general as a way for a President to inform the public. That is totally cool and fine and it is a product of the 21st century. I think the fact that Trump uses twitter a lot more than past Presidents is in some ways a positive.

However please do not fool yourself and say that Trump ONLY uses Twitter to misinform. I find it offensive to compare it to the Fireside chats because Roosevelt never personally attacked anyone, never spread rumors from highschool students etc...

If Trump used twitter in a mature way, yes I agree it would be the 21st century equivalent. He's just not there yet. I hope he does shift a little when he becomes President though because I agree it has the potential to be an excellent way to explain policies to the public. We don't need to be "informed" about how much he dislikes Saturday Night Live. Roosevelt would have never, on radio, said something like "Oh you know that one TV show that joked about me, they are lame. Just lame. Not popular anymore. And so biased.".

Edited by bcking

I'm not opposed to Twitter or the internet in general as a way for a President to inform the public. That is totally cool and fine and it is a product of the 21st century. I think the fact that Trump uses twitter a lot more than past Presidents is in some ways a positive.

However please do not fool yourself and say that Trump ONLY uses Twitter to misinform. I find it offensive to compare it to the Fireside chats because Roosevelt never personally attacked anyone, never spread rumors from highschool students etc...

If Trump used twitter in a mature way, yes I agree it would be the 21st century equivalent. He's just not there yet. I hope he does shift a little when he becomes President though because I agree it has the potential to be an excellent way to explain policies to the public. We don't need to be "informed" about how much he dislikes Saturday Night Live. Roosevelt would have never, on radio, said something like "Oh you know that one TV show that joked about me, they are lame. Just lame. Not popular anymore. And so biased.".

Are you sure you live in Houston? Austin is where all the Liberals have moved. Especially the ones coming from California.

As we say in Texas, all the liberals went to Austin and destroyed that place.

Are you sure you live in Houston? Austin is where all the Liberals have moved. Especially the ones coming from California.

As we say in Texas, all the liberals went to Austin and destroyed that place.

I don't see how this is even a liberal/conservative issue. Regardless of whether you agree with Trump on his policies, you have to at least see that his twitter posts aren't ONLY informing the public about his political stances and policy changes. If it was just that, I would see it as a very modern change. It wouldn't change the fact that I'm a "liberal" and yes I disagree with his policies, but honestly if he used twitter merely to inform I think that would be good.

He needs to stop the attacks, stop acting like people offend him etc...Get rid of that and it's all good on Twitter. Talk about Carrier, talk about creating jobs, talk about new appointments. That's all fine. He should just stop complaining when a TV show talks about him in a way he doesn't like. That isn't going to stop just because he whines.

I am giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. I'm generally not making fun of him or anything. We'll see how it goes. I won't be surprised if some things are better in 4 years (I've said that before on here). Yes I am socially liberal and I don't agree with what Trump stands for on those issues, but generally I try to be as fair as possible. Regardless of his political opinions, his use of Twitter is being negatively impacted by his childishness. If he tightens that up, he will do better I think.

As for Houston, yes I'm pretty sure I live here...Rainy day today? In my office overlooking the medical center right now. I have heard good things about Austin (Also San Antonio? Not sure if that is true). Just bigger/better hospitals here, and my wife's work will be here in Oil and Gas. I have to say actually most people I'm interacting with since moving here have been pretty liberal (nurses, pharmacists, nutrionists, doctors, even most of the parents). It hasn't been so bad for me.

I don't see how this is even a liberal/conservative issue. Regardless of whether you agree with Trump on his policies, you have to at least see that his twitter posts aren't ONLY informing the public about his political stances and policy changes. If it was just that, I would see it as a very modern change. It wouldn't change the fact that I'm a "liberal" and yes I disagree with his policies, but honestly if he used twitter merely to inform I think that would be good.

He needs to stop the attacks, stop acting like people offend him etc...Get rid of that and it's all good on Twitter. Talk about Carrier, talk about creating jobs, talk about new appointments. That's all fine. He should just stop complaining when a TV show talks about him in a way he doesn't like. That isn't going to stop just because he whines.

I am giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. I'm generally not making fun of him or anything. We'll see how it goes. I won't be surprised if some things are better in 4 years (I've said that before on here). Yes I am socially liberal and I don't agree with what Trump stands for on those issues, but generally I try to be as fair as possible. Regardless of his political opinions, his use of Twitter is being negatively impacted by his childishness. If he tightens that up, he will do better I think.

As for Houston, yes I'm pretty sure I live here...Rainy day today? In my office overlooking the medical center right now. I have heard good things about Austin (Also San Antonio? Not sure if that is true). Just bigger/better hospitals here, and my wife's work will be here in Oil and Gas. I have to say actually most people I'm interacting with since moving here have been pretty liberal (nurses, pharmacists, nutrionists, doctors, even most of the parents). It hasn't been so bad for me.

Most in Texas consider Houston to be the armpit of Texas and has the worst traffic. I am not a big fan of Houston or Austin. I live in a Plano/Frisco area North D/FW metroplex.

I have a few friends who are in the Oil/Gas business in Texas, big surprise. Most of them are all Republicans and Conservative.

If you are going to try to adapt to Texas then you need to be more conservative, Get you a couple guns to carry, enjoy eating BBQ and Mexican food.

Please don't California my Texas with your liberal view.

Edited by MarkPerry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You're the only one saying that here. Are you really that insecure that you jump to that conclusion? Who else is saying that we should have a "new election"? Just you. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are so sensitive.

That is a ridiculous statement. The "how" does not matter? So if the good guys won by murdering their opposition, that wouldn't matter?

The "how" is one of the things that makes people "good guys". The "how" does matter.

And yet, is there anything that can be said about how things went down that will change the new facts: Trump won and possesses god-like stamina to transform America? How things get done are not important, we do not care how our vitality as a nation is restored.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg