winterpark2015

How to Renew Philippines Passport if you are a US Greencard Holder.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am very confused and need detailed help. My passport is expiring this June. When I try to email or call the Philippines Embassy no one answers the phone and no one returns emails. I am so frustrated. I live in Orlando, FL. I sent in emails to try and get my passport renewed in Tampa or Miami FL. Never got any response then just they just post an announcement saying all spots are filled.

The Philippines Embassy in Washington D.C. post requirements as Follows:

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Duly-accomplished passport application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink
  2. Latest passport
  3. One (1) photocopy of each of the data page/s of the passport; i.e. pages 1-3 for the brown passport or page 1 for the green passport
  4. Photocopy of any valid identification card where the middle name is fully spelled out, such as state ID, driver’s license, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, or Baptismal Certificate, if applicant’s last passport is the brown one.
  5. Proof that applicant has not applied for foreign citizenship, e.g. resident alien card (green card)
  6. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Passport is to be mailed back.
  7. Passport fee of $60.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

My Question is .. I am a greencard holder, so how do I renew my passport? Just because I have a greencard does not allow me to obtain a USA passport. How am I suppose to travel if the Philippines Embassy is saying I can only renew if I am NOT a greencard holder? Why do they not answer their phones or return emails?? Has anyone with a greencard successfully renewed their Philippines Passport? Do I really have to go all the way to Washington D.C. just to renew my passport? I planned to travel this summer but I cannot because my passport is expiring in June and I have no foreseeable way to renew it.

I hope someone can help. I am very frustrated and have no idea what to do at this point. I cannot believe how unhelpful the Philippines Embassy is in the USA.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's a Philippine Embassy in NY. And even if you are GC holder, you are able to renew your passport because you are not a US citizen

iUhVm4.png

-=MY FAMILY'S VISAJOURNEY=-

08/27/14- POE:LAX

09/05/14- Rec'd SSN in mail

09/15/14- ELIS status chaged to OPTIMIZED

09/23/14- ELIS status CLOSED

09/26/14- GC received

F2A VISAS FOR WIFE & 2 DAUGHTERS LIFE IN THE USA

10/14/14- I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox 05/29/16- POE:JFK

10/17/14- Packet received 06/06/16- SSNs received

10/22/14- NOA 1 & routed to VSC

12/03/14- NOA 2 & routed to NVC (PD 10/17/14)

06/29/15- NVC letter received with Case # & IIN

06/30/15- Agent appointed via phone

07/01/15- Email received re:Choice of Agent

07/12/15- AOS & IV fee paid

08/14/15- AOS papers mailed

09/03/15- DS 260 submitted

09/18/15- Civil documents submitted to NVC

11/09/15- Received checklist re:NBI clearance

11/12/15- NBI clearances submitted

12/30/15- CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dance:

02/27/16- Received interview letter via email

03/31/16- Medical Day 1-COMPLETED

04/01/16- Medical Day 2-PASSED!!! :dance:

04/05/16- USEM Interview=221G re:NBI clearance-addition of misspelled name in marriage certificate as an AKA for wife :shocked:

04/19/16- Mailed new NBI clearance with AKA via 2GO

04/21/16- 2GO document out for delivery to USEM

04/22/16- Case touched, still AP

04/27/16- CEAC status changed ISSUED :dancing:

04/30/16- Visas on hand!!!; ELIS fees paid

05/03/16- CFO done: Immigrant Data Summary detached in all visa packets :ranting:

05/06/16- Visa packets and passports returned to USEM via 2GO

05/10/16- Visa packets received at USEM

05/13/16- Resealed visa packets received

05/29/16- POE: JFK

Worrying is wasting energy on the things that you can't control, leave everything in God's hand.

THINK LESS, PRAY MORE.

Filed: Other Timeline

I am very confused and need detailed help. My passport is expiring this June. When I try to email or call the Philippines Embassy no one answers the phone and no one returns emails. I am so frustrated. I live in Orlando, FL. I sent in emails to try and get my passport renewed in Tampa or Miami FL. Never got any response then just they just post an announcement saying all spots are filled.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Duly-accomplished passport application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink
  2. Latest passport
  3. One (1) photocopy of each of the data page/s of the passport; i.e. pages 1-3 for the brown passport or page 1 for the green passport
  4. Photocopy of any valid identification card where the middle name is fully spelled out, such as state ID, driver’s license, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, or Baptismal Certificate, if applicant’s last passport is the brown one.
  5. Proof that applicant has not applied for foreign citizenship, e.g. resident alien card (green card)
  6. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Passport is to be mailed back.
  7. Passport fee of $60.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

My Question is .. I am a greencard holder, so how do I renew my passport? Just because I have a greencard does not allow me to obtain a USA passport. How am I suppose to travel if the Philippines Embassy is saying I can only renew if I am NOT a greencard holder? Why do they not answer their phones or return emails?? Has anyone with a greencard successfully renewed their Philippines Passport? Do I really have to go all the way to Washington D.C. just to renew my passport? I planned to travel this summer but I cannot because my passport is expiring in June and I have no foreseeable way to renew it.

I hope someone can help. I am very frustrated and have no idea what to do at this point. I cannot believe how unhelpful the Philippines Embassy is in the USA.

Yes, the proof that you are not a US citizen IS the green card. You are good to go.

Click the "Spoiler" button to see our full timeline.

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-04-18

I-129F NOA2 (printed) : 2016-04-22

NBI, CENOMAR, Birth Certificates, Passport Complete: 2016-05-02

NVC Acknowledged Case: 2016-05-06

NVC Assigned Case Number: 2016-05-09

CFO Certificate: 2016-05-12

Medical Complete: 2016-05-17

Interview Passed: 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Administrative Processing": 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Issued": 2016-05-24

2GO in transit: 2016-05-26

Visa in hand: 2016-05-27 (Manila)

POE: 2016-05-29

Married: 2016-07-16

AOS Sent: 2016-08-24

NOA Email: 2016-08-31
Biometrics: 2016-09-29
EAD Status "New Card is being produced" : 2016-11-02
AP Status "Case was approved" : 2016-11-02
EAD Status "Card is has been delivered to me by USPS" : 2016-11-18 (Status never said "mailed")
I-485 Status "New Card is being produced":2016-11-22

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

REQUIREMENTS:

2. Latest passport

Green card is NOT applying for FOREIGN citizenship. The green card is simply a legal resident document allowing foreign citizens (ie - you a Philippine citizen) to legally stay in the USA.

Follow the instructions on the consulate website for renewing your Philippine passport. BTW the passport must be renewed in person.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You can either renew your passport at an embassy outreach event or renew it in person at the embassy. If you haven't done so already, please note that you must accomplish a report of marriage before you can renew your passport.

I've called the Philippines Consulate in San Francisco, and it's always difficult to get through to them

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hey! I want to know how you got your passport renewed. I would appreciate any help. Still waiting for my green card but my Philippine passport is expiring in a couple of months. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jeremy & Mia said:

Hey! I want to know how you got your passport renewed. I would appreciate any help. Still waiting for my green card but my Philippine passport is expiring in a couple of months. 

Process is completed through the consulate representing your state.  Either at the consulate or through a outreach event, but must be completed in person.

http://www.philippinesusa.org/

http://www.philippinesusa.org/index.php?page=consular-services-main/faq-main/#renewal

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

It appears that Miami has limited services, you best call.

http://www.philippinesmiami.org/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi Mattchue! Same problem here. I also live in Florida. I'm thinking to just wait for their announcement as to when they will be having their outreach event here, hopefully there would be one soon. My passport will expire in 10 months..another thing that I learned is that there is such thing as Report of Marriage for Filipinos who got married here which i had no idea about, FYI in case anyone here have not heard of it. I need to send a Report of Marriage form to the embassy as well as a requirement to renew or change my name in my passport. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy & Mia said:

Hi Mattchue! Same problem here. I also live in Florida. I'm thinking to just wait for their announcement as to when they will be having their outreach event here, hopefully there would be one soon. My passport will expire in 10 months..another thing that I learned is that there is such thing as Report of Marriage for Filipinos who got married here which i had no idea about, FYI in case anyone here have not heard of it. I need to send a Report of Marriage form to the embassy as well as a requirement to renew or change my name in my passport. 

Yes you need to do a ROM to renew your passport in your married name. It is not hard going through the embassy in Washington, you can just mail the paperwork to them and they will send a ROM back. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yes you need to do a ROM to renew your passport in your married name. It is not hard going through the embassy in Washington, you can just mail the paperwork to them and they will send a ROM back. 

Thank you!!! Will do that.

Hello!  A little side topic here. Has anyone experienced moving to the US using their maiden name (no name change after marriage) then decided to change their name to the married one as soon as they've settled in? Would appreciate hearing first-hand experiences or any insights.  Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, The.Fab.Ella said:

Hello!  A little side topic here. Has anyone experienced moving to the US using their maiden name (no name change after marriage) then decided to change their name to the married one as soon as they've settled in? Would appreciate hearing first-hand experiences or any insights.  Thanks!

Won't be that easy (or free), you green card will arrive in the name used throughout the visa process.. your maiden name.     Everything else will follow your green card.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-green-card

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B2en.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

32 minutes ago, Sagot said:

Won't be that easy (or free), you green card will arrive in the name used throughout the visa process.. your maiden name.     Everything else will follow your green card.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-green-card

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B2en.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Thanks for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.