PDXDD

Are you still waiting for conditional green card to arrive after welcome notice?

117 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't think calling will work. I am gonna make info pass if i don't get anything by the 4th week. I think by the time you may have to make another info pass. But hopefully we won't have to do that. For some reason PDX is always slow.

Ugh I really don't want to do another infopass :( and honestly I don't think it'll help. The IO will probably just say, "The GC can take up to 2 months to arrive" since on the online status it says ours will arrive "by September 13."

I wish I understood the cause of the delay -- don't they just print out the card and stick it in the mail?? What's the hold up?

See if you are able to get the green card tracking number as suggested by another member above. I hope it works for you!

Our situations sounds so much alike! Also interviewed in April, got senator involved, finally status update on July 17th. Filed August last year. I hope you hear something soon, I understand your frustration!

Wow yes, our situations are almost identical. We filed 9 Sept 2014. Good luck to you! I'll try asking for the tracking number, as you suggested.

USAMEXflag-small.png

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm on the same boat!

Same situation here.

I received the Welcome notice mail on 07/25. It's the 3rd week of waiting and nothing so far. I tried calling for a tracking number but they don't have it. I'm starting to desperate. :/

Timeline

So I called the number listed on the welcome notice, and the USCIS representative said Portland is "taking longer than they should" to produce cards, and we should get it by Sept 13... :/ I think I'll cancel the infopass appointment I made since I doubt they'll tell me anything more useful. Guess we just have to wait up to another month :(

USAMEXflag-small.png

So I called the number listed on the welcome notice, and the USCIS representative said Portland is "taking longer than they should" to produce cards, and we should get it by Sept 13... :/ I think I'll cancel the infopass appointment I made since I doubt they'll tell me anything more useful. Guess we just have to wait up to another month :(

We are on the same boat now called Portland :):( did they tell you why Portland is slow? I was just planning to make an info pass :( Now I am not sure.

K1 VISA

06/14/2014 I-129F sent       06/16/2014 Noa1         10/14/2014 Noa2        11/07/2014 Package3         12/08/2014 embassy interview / approved!!        12/10/2014 Visa in hand

AOS

12/31/2014 I-485/I-765/I-131 sent        01/06/2015 Noa1        01/30/2015 Biometrics        02/27/2015 AP&EAD approved       07/20/2015 interview(approved on the spot!)

ROC

4/26/2017 I-751 sent        5/12/2017 Noa1       10/15/2018 interview (combo)

Citizenship

4/22/2018 N-400 sent      4/23/2018 Noa1        10/15/2018 interview (combo)+Oath ceremony! 

Jesus, I feel better now!

My status just changed to "Card was mailed to me". (today, August 11st), and I got the Welcome letter on July 25th.

How long more will I probably wait?

If your card was mailed to you today, I would guess you should get it on Thursday. I got the update that my card was mailed on Friday, and received it Monday.

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Timeline

We are on the same boat now called Portland :):( did they tell you why Portland is slow? I was just planning to make an info pass :( Now I am not sure.

No, she didn't say why. She said to call them again if I don't get it by Sept 13. Does your online status include some date about 60 days from when you were approved? Mine says Sept 13.

Jesus, I feel better now!

My status just changed to "Card was mailed to me". (today, August 11st), and I got the Welcome letter on July 25th.

How long more will I probably wait?

Congrats!!!

USAMEXflag-small.png

No, she didn't say why. She said to call them again if I don't get it by Sept 13. Does your online status include some date about 60 days from when you were approved? Mine says Sept 13.

Congrats!!!

yes. 18th Sept here on uscis website.

I don't think you should take what they said on the phone seriously. They always tell you to wait and wait. If you got an infopass, don't cancel it. When will it be? Could you please let me know what they say if you go? If you already cancelled, then I will make an infopass in a week or two. The officer interviewed us told us to make infopass if we don't get green card in 4 weeks.

Edited by PDXDD

K1 VISA

06/14/2014 I-129F sent       06/16/2014 Noa1         10/14/2014 Noa2        11/07/2014 Package3         12/08/2014 embassy interview / approved!!        12/10/2014 Visa in hand

AOS

12/31/2014 I-485/I-765/I-131 sent        01/06/2015 Noa1        01/30/2015 Biometrics        02/27/2015 AP&EAD approved       07/20/2015 interview(approved on the spot!)

ROC

Citizenship

4/22/2018 N-400 sent      4/23/2018 Noa1        10/15/2018 interview (combo)+Oath ceremony! 

Timeline

yes. 18th Sept here on uscis website.

I don't think you should take what they said on the phone seriously. They always tell you to wait and wait. If you got an infopass, don't cancel it. When will it be? Could you please let me know what they say if you go? If you already cancelled, then I will make an infopass in a week or two. The officer interviewed us told us to make infopass if we don't get green card in 4 weeks.

Well I was going to cancel it but just haven't gotten around to it yet. The thing is, it's scheduled for tomorrow at 7:45 am @.@ lol :/ That's part of the reason I didn't want to go... But if the interviewer told you to make an infopass appointment after 4 weeks, that's interesting and makes me want to go now since 4 weeks for me would be today. I'll have to talk to my husband about it since he would need to attend, too. I'll let you know!!

Edited by cococacao

USAMEXflag-small.png

Timeline

Okay, we decided to go. :) I'm wondering what I should say? They're just going to say "you need to wait, the production time is 60 days." Should I mention the fact that our approval was also weirdly delayed? I'm just not sure how to be insistent but reasonable in this case.

USAMEXflag-small.png

Okay, we decided to go. :) I'm wondering what I should say? They're just going to say "you need to wait, the production time is 60 days." Should I mention the fact that our approval was also weirdly delayed? I'm just not sure how to be insistent but reasonable in this case.

The officer told us that usually it takes 2 weeks. Welcome notice says it takes 3 weeks. Uscis website shows it takes 2 months.

You can say, Interview officer told you to make infopass in 4 weeks if u don't receive green card. that is not a lie lol The most important question is, what is going on there, what causes the delay, and when can you expect your green card? You have a trip later on out of the country etc.

I have a feeling that you will get the answer tomorrow. Plus, there is nothing to lose. Good luck !!

Edited by PDXDD

K1 VISA

AOS

ROC

Citizenship

Timeline

The officer told us that usually it takes 2 weeks. Welcome notice says it takes 3 weeks. Uscis website shows it takes 2 months.

You can say, Interview officer told you to make infopass in 4 weeks if u don't receive green card. that is not a lie lol The most important question is, what is going on there, what causes the delay, and when can you expect your green card? You have a trip later on out of the country etc.

I have a feeling that you will get the answer tomorrow. Plus, there is nothing to lose. Good luck !!

Thanks so much for your advice! I'll let you know how it goes :)

USAMEXflag-small.png

Timeline

Just got back from the appointment, and I'm really glad we went. Surprised it wasn't a waste of time to be honest lol

The IO said we should have gotten the GC already, and the delay is due to an issue with the factory they contract it out to. Essentially, the Missouri factory updated its software and so some cards were delayed. He was confident we should get it very soon (less than 2 weeks). He said if we don't have it after 6 weeks from approval date, we should call 1-800-375-5283 and say we have a "service request," which means someone local will go down to the physical location and figure out what's up. In that case, we'd get a response from the service request within 2 weeks. Finally he said if nothing changes in a month, we should make another infopass appointment.

The guy was very helpful and sympathetic and didn't just tell us to wait. He mentioned that processing times are slow these days because office budgets haven't expanded to accommodate increasing demands (meaning, more people send in applications than before, but still only a few employees work on them).

Hope this info is beneficial to you!

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I also asked about possibly getting a passport stamp while we wait for the card, and he strongly recommended against it because it can cause hours and hours of wait time at customs and ports of entry. He said he'd do it if it were an emergency, though, so we'll keep it in mind.

Edited by cococacao

USAMEXflag-small.png

Just got back from the appointment, and I'm really glad we went. Surprised it wasn't a waste of time to be honest lol

The IO said we should have gotten the GC already, and the delay is due to an issue with the factory they contract it out to. Essentially, the Missouri factory updated its software and so some cards were delayed. He was confident we should get it very soon (less than 2 weeks). He said if we don't have it after 6 weeks from approval date, we should call 1-800-375-5283 and say we have a "service request," which means someone local will go down to the physical location and figure out what's up. In that case, we'd get a response from the service request within 2 weeks. Finally he said if nothing changes in a month, we should make another infopass appointment.

The guy was very helpful and sympathetic and didn't just tell us to wait. He mentioned that processing times are slow these days because office budgets haven't expanded to accommodate increasing demands (meaning, more people send in applications than before, but still only a few employees work on them).

Hope this info is beneficial to you!

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I also asked about possibly getting a passport stamp while we wait for the card, and he strongly recommended against it because it can cause hours and hours of wait time at customs and ports of entry. He said he'd do it if it were an emergency, though, so we'll keep it in mind.

That's a lot of information. Thank you so much COCOCACAO :) I think you and I should keep in touch here and update each other. What do you think? :) like any news or updates, or calling for service request or another infopass etc. Communicating to someone facing the same situation really makes things much easier.

Edited by PDXDD

K1 VISA

AOS

ROC

Citizenship

Timeline

That's a lot of information. Thank you so much COCOCACAO :) I think you and I should keep in touch here and update each other. What do you think? :) like any news or updates, or calling for service request or another infopass etc. Communicating to someone facing the same situation really makes things much easier.

Yeah absolutely :) :) Fortunately after this stage we don't have to do much for 2 years until lifting conditions on GC :joy:

USAMEXflag-small.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.