ElectricBlue30

Expedited!!! YES, but what now?!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Need help knowing what to expect next and what I need to do!!

So I was at the NVC stage in the Visa Process where - I submitted the DS-261, paid the $120 fee, and the next steps were to pay the AOS for those I'm sponsoring (wife and two step children), complete the DS-260, then submit all my documents to the NVC (the ones that I would also bring to the U.S. Embassy here in Australia)...

But here's the thing...

I had asked the NVC if there was any way to expedite the process at this point, and they gave me an e-mail address to write to with a request. I just got a message back saying....

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview.

My Questions now are:
1. So what now?
2. Do I just wait for a message from the U.S. Embassy?
3. Do I still need to submit anything to the NVC?
4. Do I still need to pay the AOS processing fees?
5. Do I still need to prepare a DS-260 and submit it online?
6. Do I still need to submit all our financial documents etc. through the online portal (which would have gone to the NVC anyway)?
Thank you!

Timeline

Hi YeeSho,

In my case it is because my mother has Cancer, and though she had a successful surgery and we are hopeful, we want to be there in case anything else goes wrong, especially considering she has a new granddaughter (my baby)

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi All,

Need help knowing what to expect next and what I need to do!!

So I was at the NVC stage in the Visa Process where - I submitted the DS-261, paid the $120 fee, and the next steps were to pay the AOS for those I'm sponsoring (wife and two step children), complete the DS-260, then submit all my documents to the NVC (the ones that I would also bring to the U.S. Embassy here in Australia)...

But here's the thing...

I had asked the NVC if there was any way to expedite the process at this point, and they gave me an e-mail address to write to with a request. I just got a message back saying....

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview.

My Questions now are:

1. So what now?

2. Do I just wait for a message from the U.S. Embassy?

3. Do I still need to submit anything to the NVC?

4. Do I still need to pay the AOS processing fees?

5. Do I still need to prepare a DS-260 and submit it online?

6. Do I still need to submit all our financial documents etc. through the online portal (which would have gone to the NVC anyway)?

Thank you!

Congrats! Our case has also been approved for expedite. I will answer your questions based on our experience. June 23 we got the expedite approval email, July 14 was the email from the embassy, & July 27 is our interview date at embassy.

Just wait until they contact you. They will state what documents you are missing & to bring with you to the interview. Our DS-260 had not been prepared, but during the process of waiting from initial email, we were finally able to submit it. They will probably state you need to bring the financial documents with you. There was a form I had previously sent & they asked me to bring it to interview since it was "missing" before.

Hope this helps!

Timeline

Soncrazed - thank you so much for sharing this with me! I looked at the info on your profile - so you are based in Argentina, yes? I wonder how long it usually takes the Embassy here in Sydney to send the e-mail.

Also, I'm curious - had you sent any documents to the NVC? For me, I hadn't even sent in our DS-260, Financial Documents or Supporting Evidence. We didn't even pay the AOS fees. Do you know if those need to be taken care of before the interview? (I'm not even sure if the AOS still applies).

Would you please be sure to come back to this forum thread and share how it goes on the 27th? I can't wait to hear how it goes for you and what happens next!

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Soncrazed - thank you so much for sharing this with me! I looked at the info on your profile - so you are based in Argentina, yes? I wonder how long it usually takes the Embassy here in Sydney to send the e-mail.

Also, I'm curious - had you sent any documents to the NVC? For me, I hadn't even sent in our DS-260, Financial Documents or Supporting Evidence. We didn't even pay the AOS fees. Do you know if those need to be taken care of before the interview? (I'm not even sure if the AOS still applies).

Would you please be sure to come back to this forum thread and share how it goes on the 27th? I can't wait to hear how it goes for you and what happens next!

We had already sent in the financial documents. It made me feel like we had done all of the steps backwards. I would try to pay the fees if it will let you on the system. In between being approved for expedite & finally receiving our interview date, we were able to complete the DS-260. Our email from them stated we were missing documents & to bring them with us.

Our medical is not all complete (not our fault). We scheduled an appointment right after receiving the interview date, & the doctor has to do one more appointment. Praying they let us bring that part Tuesday morning.

I will let you know how it goes & please pray it goes well! Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Expidited doesn't mean that you skip any steps or avoid any fees. You will complete the same process as all other persons seeking a visa. It just gets your case nudged a bit.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This post gives me hope in regards to submitting an expedite, as I am a cancer survivor and still need regular check ups. Thank you. I will be following as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.