emc0817

How long does it take to receive NVC letter?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

Im feeling anxious and i need your thought about my situation i filed I29F petition for fiance K-1 visa. USCIS has sent me a letter of approval letter which in June 19, 2015. It says on the letter that i will receive another letter from NVC for the next step which on July 19, 2015 and if i dont receive any letter, i should make a follow up thru email after 30 days. Since i didnt receive any, i sent them an email yesterday July 20, 2015 and also tried to call them like hundred times and was not able to connect (its always busy).

Does this scenario happen to any of you guys who is filling K-1 visa for fiance and waiting for NVC step like i do?

And if you did, how long did it take for you to receive a letter from NVC?

Any thought or comments would be helpful and much appreciated.

Thank You!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was able to get thru only once

this is just a waiting game but look at the requirements and get the documents ready

will need criminal background reports from him and this takes time

NVC will send letter (email) to give you invoice numbers for paying fees and what other documents they need

expect a wait

they are loaded with applications

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I still haven't received anything from NVC. and my case is already at the embassy. I called everyday to nvc after the 3 week mark from being approved at uscis to get my case #. You have to keep redailing many times to get through then wait on hold forever to actually speak to someone. Good luck

Timeline

Im sorry, i am the petitioner and my fiance is in the philippines. do you mean that i also need to get a bg check here?

How long is the processing of everything until you got your visa?

Timeline

Your fiance needs to get the bg check or better known as NBI report for the Philippines. USCIS already did a bg check on you when they approved your petition.

Check out Greenbaum's page it has all the information you need specific to the Philippines. Here is the link

http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa

You should call the NVC and get your MNL case number. Once you get your MNL case number, you can schedule an interview and complete the medical.

Timeline

Just want to thank everyone who gave me some thoughts, advice and suggestions given. Thank you!

So since I have these NOA1 and NOA2 and waiting on NVC for MNL case #, all i have to do is either wait and or call right? is there any other phone number that i could call? or best times to call the NVC? would it be faster if i email them (since i did already)? what would be the best way and times?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just got my NVC letter yesterday. Mind you, I have had a case number since May, when I called the NVC to get it. I have already paid all fees and submitted all forms, just waiting for the NVC to receive and review some forms I had to resend in response to a checklist.

So it took me about three months to receive the letter. Not sure if the NVC or the Colombian postal service was to blame for the delay.

Either way, don't wait for the letter. Call the NVC every few days and see if they can give you a case number yet.

I just got my NVC letter yesterday. Mind you, I have had a case number since May, when I called the NVC to get it. I have already paid all fees and submitted all forms, just waiting for the NVC to receive and review some forms I had to resend in response to a checklist.

So it took me about three months to receive the letter. Not sure if the NVC or the Colombian postal service was to blame for the delay.

Either way, don't wait for the letter. Call the NVC every few days and see if they can give you a case number yet.

Fiancée visas have a different process than spousal visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.