Theara0505

AP after interview ( CR-1)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did the Consulate mention what you were put on AP for?

==========================================================================

K-1 Visa Timeline (Denied, 3 years, 29 days total)

2009-8-21 - K-1 sent

2009-10-27 - NOA1 received
2009-11-22 - Received request for DS-230
2009-11-26 - DS-230 sent
2010-1-22 - NOA2 received, medical check & interview date (2010-2-11)
2010-2-11 - Interview! Received Blue Slip for China Communist Party membership. sad.png
2010-3-26 - RFE sent, written statement explaining disassociation from CCP
2010-7-22 - Sent an inquiry every month starting 7/22, always still in AP
2010-12-1 - Senator Feinstein's official inquiry, still under AP (yep, doesn't help. Immigration > Senator)

(…many monthly inquiries later…)
2012-6-12 - Final interview scheduled (9/18/2012)

2012-9-18 - K-1 was denied. :cry: We could not overcome INA212(A)(3)(d)

CR-1 Visa Timeline (Approved, converted into IR-1, 2 years, 1 month, 29 days)

2012-12-10 - Married in Beijing! <3

2013-5-1 - I-130 sent
2013-5-6 - NOA1 received

2013-12-6 - Case transferred to the TSC

2013-1-9 - (Bogus) RFE received

2013-2-24 - RFE sent

2014-5-2 - NOA2 received

2014-5-6 - Case shipped to NVC

2014-5-14 - Case received at NVC

2014-6-16 - NVC Case Number Assigned

2014-11-15 - NVC Case Complete!

2015-1-6 - Guangzhou Consulate received

2015-1-26 - Interview date!

2015-1-26 - 221(g) denial (again)! :cry: Case being transferred to Washington for a SAO.

2015-5-21 - Consulate e-mailed us and asked for her passport! Approved?

2015-5-23 - Submitted passport to CITIC Bank

2015-6-29 - Passport with visa arrived :dancing:... but expires in 16 days, time to hustle!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

He gave me the pink paper after the interview

In the paper it say ( no other information is needed at this time .we must conduct an administrative review of your case .we will contact you after our review is complete. You may check the current statue of your case by visiting *website *). CO said right now I don't need to take any action and he doesn't need other document . They will contact me back after the review is done .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello I have a question to ask . My case is under administrative processing after the interview How long does it take for administrative processing ? and what the next step ?

There's no timeline for AP. It can take days, to weeks to years. If they aren't asking anything of you means they have things to checkout. Something they want to investigate. Hopefully it wont take long. It's all at their speed. Nothing you can do but sit and wait. Sorry.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

AP in Cambodia is unheard of. This is the first time I know about any AP case in this Embassy since I am familiar with this country since 2011. It's either denial(most of the time) or approved either way. Cambodia is a black listed visa fraud country and denial rate is higher than any other country in the world specially for K-1 and also for CR-1. I think your case will resolve very soon. Please keep us updated. If you can share detail about your case may be I can explain the situation since I followed many cases closely at this Embassy since 2011.

Edited by NikaMo

Timeline

dwheels76 is correct they have something that they want to investigate or verify. Like I said AP at this Embassy unheard of. They really want to approve visa but something they need to clear up. Otherwise they would have denied it as it is a common practice at this Embassy. My guess is 2 weeks.You mentioned before your husband is in the armed forces stationed in Japan. May be something to do with that. But don't worry you should be fine.Give it a few weeks and keep checking the website.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

I literally just got back from my wife's interview and we are also in AP. They gave us a designated day to come back so fingers crossed. We were the second to last to be interviewed. The couple that went before us passed. First, they ask the wife then the husband. They asked my wife but didn't call me up even though we gave them my passport from the beginning process which is submitting our documents. I'm hoping things will clear up and they will let my wife pass. Most everyone passed the interview today. One person was missing paperwork and was asked to come back later today with the required documents. I think we are in AP because we got engaged on our first time meeting. Which may sound strange to those who are not familiar with Khmer culture. But we are very much in love and genuine as they come. I just hope the consulate can see through this, since I brought a lot of evidence of relationship. Jeez just check my facebook page and you will know that I love my wife. Our AP status is the very same as yours.(#11)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

He gave me the pink paper after the interview
In the paper it say ( no other information is needed at this time .we must conduct an administrative review of your case .we will contact you after our review is complete. You may check the current statue of your case by visiting *website *). CO said right now I don't need to take any action and he doesn't need other document . They will contact me back after the review is done .
Edited by Ron_Dogg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.