viodoll

Divorced and i751 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Goodness! What is wrong with people? Yeah..go ahead and blame the woman. What about this paragraph dont you understand?

We were happily living together in my in-law's house until May 2013, we had some fights and I decided to go back to visit my parents for 2.5 months to give us some space to think it through. I tried to call my husband a few times during those 2.5 months but he did not answer. I contacted his father and he said my husband moved out of his house and nobody knew where he went. When I came back to the US, I tried to find him using all the resources that I had, but with no luck. I thought we could not resolve our problems since he had been avoiding me, I filed divorce paper and got approved in April 2014 without his presence at court..

I am glad those condemning her are not adjudicators otherwise most of us will never be approved. Critical thinking people. This was so easy.

Congratulations OP and sorry for your tough journey and loss of your ex.

WOW!!!

What is going on here? I never thought my post could cause so much judgement and problems on here. Cool down guys.

First, thank you for your support. And yes, English is not my native language and I have been using it for only 6 years now, so bare with me if my tone sounds cold or dry. I'm not used to showing emotions even when I talk because that is how I've grown up. In my culture, we show very little emotions when we make conversations. Like when I graduated high school or got my bachelor degree, all my parents could say was congratulations. They did not say We're proud of you or something like that, because that is how we are. We keep our emotions inside.

Second, I posted a summary of my story here because I want to encourage and inspire those who are divorced and tempting to get divorced while filing i751, or those who are struggling to live with their spouse but afraid of getting divorce. I am not making this post to draw sympathy or try to make this a story to entertain you. I am writing this because I recalled how nervous and worried I was when I filed i751 waiver, and I hope my story will help some of you out there relax and have more confidence in your case. This is my ROC experience so I'm here to share.

Third, I'll give some details on my story here so you know if my husband hadn't died, I would still have enough evidence of how bad my marriage life was when it started going down. Here it goes. I was the one who went to work to support my husband finishing his BS as he only got one year left Although he got his GI bill, we still had a lot of bills and expenses to pay. About one year after marriage, he almost finished his degree but he started drinking and losing his self. Every time I wanted to discuss with him something, he always started cussing at me first and lost his own self and we could not resolve any issues we had. It happened more and more every day. I worked so hard to support my family and we barely made our livings, but he spent a lot of it on alcohol. I was so disappointed at him and tried to get him out of the drinking, but the cussing got worse. One day I came home from work, he locked me out of the bedroom and started cussing at me as usual, and I had to sleep on the sofa that night because I didn't have any place to go. It was very stressful living that verbally abusive life for about 3 months before I decided to come to my parents for a break. Even when I was away from him, I still kept an eye on him by checking with his father all the time until I heard he moved out, and I came back right away. I called his friends, his sisters, every one I knew but nobody knew where he moved to. I even made a post on some newspapers hoping he would read it somehow, but no luck. It was such a stressful, depressed, devastated, and hopeless time in my life that I will never forget. Before I decided to give up and get a divorce, I came and talked to my father in law, he totally supported me on it and gave me his testimony when I filed i751 waiver. So I don't agree with some of you saying here that if my husband hadn't die, I would not have been approved. I would say I would still be approved but after an interview.

Anyway, that's all I feel like I needed to say. The rest of my story I will keep it to myself because there is so much of it that it will take me a month time to type it out.

Thanks again for reading my story and take it as an inspiration for your ROC journey.

Filed: Timeline

Wish you the best :)

WOW!!!

What is going on here? I never thought my post could cause so much judgement and problems on here. Cool down guys.

First, thank you for your support. And yes, English is not my native language and I have been using it for only 6 years now, so bare with me if my tone sounds cold or dry. I'm not used to showing emotions even when I talk because that is how I've grown up. In my culture, we show very little emotions when we make conversations. Like when I graduated high school or got my bachelor degree, all my parents could say was congratulations. They did not say We're proud of you or something like that, because that is how we are. We keep our emotions inside.

Second, I posted a summary of my story here because I want to encourage and inspire those who are divorced and tempting to get divorced while filing i751, or those who are struggling to live with their spouse but afraid of getting divorce. I am not making this post to draw sympathy or try to make this a story to entertain you. I am writing this because I recalled how nervous and worried I was when I filed i751 waiver, and I hope my story will help some of you out there relax and have more confidence in your case. This is my ROC experience so I'm here to share.

Third, I'll give some details on my story here so you know if my husband hadn't died, I would still have enough evidence of how bad my marriage life was when it started going down. Here it goes. I was the one who went to work to support my husband finishing his BS as he only got one year left Although he got his GI bill, we still had a lot of bills and expenses to pay. About one year after marriage, he almost finished his degree but he started drinking and losing his self. Every time I wanted to discuss with him something, he always started cussing at me first and lost his own self and we could not resolve any issues we had. It happened more and more every day. I worked so hard to support my family and we barely made our livings, but he spent a lot of it on alcohol. I was so disappointed at him and tried to get him out of the drinking, but the cussing got worse. One day I came home from work, he locked me out of the bedroom and started cussing at me as usual, and I had to sleep on the sofa that night because I didn't have any place to go. It was very stressful living that verbally abusive life for about 3 months before I decided to come to my parents for a break. Even when I was away from him, I still kept an eye on him by checking with his father all the time until I heard he moved out, and I came back right away. I called his friends, his sisters, every one I knew but nobody knew where he moved to. I even made a post on some newspapers hoping he would read it somehow, but no luck. It was such a stressful, depressed, devastated, and hopeless time in my life that I will never forget. Before I decided to give up and get a divorce, I came and talked to my father in law, he totally supported me on it and gave me his testimony when I filed i751 waiver. So I don't agree with some of you saying here that if my husband hadn't die, I would not have been approved. I would say I would still be approved but after an interview.

Anyway, that's all I feel like I needed to say. The rest of my story I will keep it to myself because there is so much of it that it will take me a month time to type it out.

Thanks again for reading my story and take it as an inspiration for your ROC journey.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

***Thread back open, several posts that were either judgemental, contributing nothing to the discussion, or quoting said posts removed. Either post constructively or do not post; thread bans (plus additional action if warranted) will be imposed for any additional judgemental and/or non-constructive posts.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One post removed and one member thread banned for ignoring my earlier warning.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.