AverysMom

Don't Settle For AP Without Getting A Congressman Involved!

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is a good question, I guess it depends on each country's laws...but, in the DR, they are 2 types, the in extensa and the short version. The short version is called an abstract of birth certificate and it only says the name of the child and the name of the parents and ID number of each and nationality.. The inextensa says who declares the child, name and id numbers of parents, profession of each and home address, and if they are married or not.

I can't talk about other countries' laws, but the inextensa birth certificate's information from the DR is the same as one should be write on the G-325A about the parents.

thanks for the info. I appreciate it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It depends on the country. I think most have just one available birth certificate. It sounds like the DR has two different birth certificate forms. The embassy website specifices the long version (http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1_instructions-new.html).

All the Mumbai consulate says is bring the original birth certificate. Couldn't find any useful guidance for the US embassy in Delhi.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

thanks..

I am veru glad that you did it !!!!!!7

I told you all the time, maybe they forgot something so contact your congressman or senator office to find what going on

I am very happy that you ap ended.

I told you dont wait 60 days as they said, at the embassy they are so irresponsible, they forgot something and if you arent over they let you long time on ap.

I am so happy.

Okay so long story semi-short: my fiancé had his 3/3. He was approved and told to bring his medical results to the VAC once he picked them up. He did not have them in time for the interview but they would be ready after the interview was conducted so this is why he was advised this.

He picked up the results and brought them to the VAC and then the waiting game began for us to get ready for the email that stated his visa was ready for pick-up. Three weeks later and we were still waiting for that email. I made numerous calls to USTRAVELDOCS and all they told me was that we were in AP and to wait for further instruction and it should be over in 60 days. When I asked why I wasn't able to track the passport they said "you can't? well you should be able to." ?

Finally I took the advice of another VJer (ILoveMyMan) and emailed my Congressman directly. Luckily we already have been working together since the USCIS stage (thanks to my weekly emails complaining about the TSC/CSC timeframe discrepancies) so I didn't have to worry about filling out a release form or waiting for someone to respond.

When I emailed her about being in AP she said it's normal for some cases and she can't inquire on my behalf until the 60 days passed. I was so tired of hearing this so I took a different angle, I also mentioned to her I didn't mind waiting but the fact that I couldn't track the passport ("there is no status update for the passport number submitted..") I asked if she could at least get me a location of the passport while I "wait". Since before it said it was still at embassy/consulate and now it said "no status".

She emailed me back two days later with the response from the embassy. The told her that on 3/10 they contacted me to tell me that my fiancé needed to bring his birth certificate. This makes sense because on the CEAC site it said last updated 3/10 however, I WAS NEVER CONTACTED FOR THIS! I asked my fiancé did he bring it to the interview and he said yes but now we think he didn't bring the "Acta Extensa (long version" they were looking for and this was causing the hold up. My congressman said go bring it and let her know so she can call her contact and let them know its been delivered so we can have him here ASAP! Maybe within a week!

All in all, I am happy I did not settle for this AP status because sometimes the embassy needs something from you and have "contacted" you but of course you never heard anything from them. Now I know some people have real reasons for being in AP (security checks, background checks etc) but make sure you don't wait a long time before finding out exactly why. You never know, they could be missing something as simple as a birth certificate. I would've waited 60 days and still have not heard anything from them...and would've been waiting in vain!

I am veru glad that you did it !!!!!!7

I told you all the time, maybe they forgot something so contact your congressman or senator office to find what going on

I am very happy that you ap ended.

I told you dont wait 60 days as they said, at the embassy they are so irresponsible, they forgot something and if you arent over they let you long time on ap.

I am so happy.

Thanks to you I did not wait 60 days! You have been such a blessing and will keep you and your journey in my prayers! As I said in a previous thread, you deserve a happy ending!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Thanks for your wishes.

I wish you be soooooo happy together. : :)

In the midle of my sadness, when i saw your post i felt so happy, i am happy that you got a reponse from your congressman.

Thanks to you I did not wait 60 days! You have been such a blessing and will keep you and your journey in my prayers! As I said in a previous thread, you deserve a happy ending!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm reading this I'm worried we had our interview on the 7th of april the first guy the checks to make sure u have everything said my fiance needed the long birth certificate when we got the interview by the them he had crossed it out on that white paper and only put he needed his two kids birth certificate and said he was approved but did not mention anything about his birth certificate we turned that information in on April 9th and the status on the passport as of now is "has delivered to post"has not changed should I be worried now??

Now that I'm reading this I'm worried we had our interview on the 7th of april the first guy the checks to make sure u have everything said my fiance needed the long birth certificate when we got the interview by the them he had crossed it out on that white paper and only put he needed his two kids birth certificate and said he was approved but did not mention anything about his birth certificate we turned that information in on April 9th and the status on the passport as of now is "has delivered to post"has not changed should I be worried now??

The same thing happened to my fiancé. He was told he needed the long form of his birth certificate as well but at the end of the interview the officer just said to deliver the medical results and the passport to Gallery 360. My fiancé didn't have the medical results for the interview but they were ready right after so he picked them up and dropped it off along with his medical at Gallery 360. He was under the impression he had the correct birth certificate after all since the officer didn't bring it up again.

Our status said "being delivered to post" then it changed to "your passport is still at the embassy/consulate" and then after that the status went blank. I strongly suggest you have your fiancé get the Acta Inexstensa and bring it to Gallery 360. We were never notified that this was why we were delayed and sitting in AP for weeks. What does your CEAC status say?

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

The same thing happened to my fiancé. He was told he needed the long form of his birth certificate as well but at the end of the interview the officer just said to deliver the medical results and the passport to Gallery 360. My fiancé didn't have the medical results for the interview but they were ready right after so he picked them up and dropped it off along with his medical at Gallery 360. He was under the impression he had the correct birth certificate after all since the officer didn't bring it up again.

Our status said "being delivered to post" then it changed to "your passport is still at the embassy/consulate" and then after that the status went blank. I strongly suggest you have your fiancé get the Acta Inexstensa and bring it to Gallery 360. We were never notified that this was why we were delayed and sitting in AP for weeks. What does your CEAC status say?

So when I track the passport it does say still at us embassy ..then when I email they send me the response as delivered to post...omg so ok I have him take his birth certificate to gallery 360 n show it to them or what does he do?

My interview was April 20 today April 22 CEAC visa status say visa issued, what this means?

Soon you will get an email saying the visa is ready for pick up!!! :)

7 months & 5 days

So when I track the passport it does say still at us embassy ..then when I email they send me the response as delivered to post...omg so ok I have him take his birth certificate to gallery 360 n show it to them or what does he do?

There's a place at Gallery 360 to drop off documents, they will assist him where to drop it off. Our date updated on CEAC the very same day. It took us about two weeks for our status to change to "Ready" and each day the date would change but it was still "Ready" and finally this morning it changed to AP (the good AP! when they put the visa in the passport) and next it will say "Issued"!

April 6 (Mon) - Fiancé drops BC off, date updated

April 17 (Fri) - Changed from AP to Ready

April 20 (Mon) - Ready, date updated

April 21 (Tue) - Ready, date updated

April 22 (Wed) - Changed from Ready to AP

Here's my follow up post to this one so you can see what else I did after my fiancé dropped off his birth certificate http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545284-finally-out-of-ap-after-6-weeks/page-2#entry7587510

7 months & 5 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.