Jay&M

UK K1 Visa - Upcoming Visit

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I am relatively new to VJ however I have read a lot of posts over the past 2 months which has proved very helpful!

I am from the UK and my fiancée is from Pennsylvania and we recently sent in the I-129F and have an NOA1 of 25th July.

On the 27th September I am due to fly out to the states (Newark Airport) to attend a wedding of one of our friends for 1 week. This will be my first time entering since filing for the K1. Having read some posts I am aware that there is a risk I will be sent back on the next plane but I am taking the following proof of ties:

- Return flight confirmation

- Letter from my employer confirming my full time employment status as a Project Manager and when I am due to return to work.

- Confirmation of meetings I need to attend in October

Does anyone have any tips or help on how I can make things easier or what to expect at immigration? (I was last in USA in July 2014). I'm very nervous!!

Also, if I am not let through what impact does it have on the K1 visa application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Jay

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

"What is the purpose of your trip?" --To attend a friend's wedding on Saturday. (Take invitation)

I really don't think the CBP knows you have a petition in the works unless you told them on a previous trip and they addeded a note of having a fiancé. Three different CBP people told me they didn't have access to petitions filed because I asked them.

Getting refused admission doesn't not affect your visa path.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks for your message - really helpful!!

Great idea to take the invitation!!

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My now-husband was never stopped, but he always took legal documents with him, too–proof of things he couldn't just quit (like a job): rental agreement, car registration, etc.

As to your other question, AFAIK, being denied entry won't hurt your K-1 application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You shouldn't have a problem. My Fiance came to visit me while our I129 was in progress, all he brought was a return ticket and he had no problems at all. They might ask a few more questions but that's it. Don't worry too much and have a great trip!

3/17/2014 I-129f Sent
3/20/2014 Received at Texas lockbox
3/24/2014 NOA 1
8/18/2014 Expedite requested via phone call to USCIS Tier 2 customer service representative
8/22/2014 E-mail received requested evidence for expedite
8/22/2014 Scanned and E-mailed evidence needed
8/25/2014 Text Received, NOA2 approved
8/29/2014 NOA2 Hard copy in the mail.
8/29/2014 Case shipped to NVC

9/9/2014 Received by NVC

9/11/2014 Case Number assigned by NVC

9/12/2014 Left NVC

9/17/2014 Arrived in London

9/22/2014 Medical

9/25/2014 Medical results received at the Embassy

10/6/2014 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

10/10/2014 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

10/16/2014 Visa in hand!!!

10/17/2014 POE Boston!

12/7/2014 Marriage!!!!

AOS

12/23/2014 Filed paperwork

12/30/2014 NOA 1

1/22/2015 Bio Appointment

2/10/2015 RFE (needed more proof of income for i-864a)

2/12/2015 Replied to RFE

2/18/2015 Reply to RFE received.

Timeline

I was over from March till June this year while we had our petition pending. I took all the same documentation as you mentioned. I was only asked what I work as and what does it entail then I was allowed entry. As long as you have your return flight they are normally happy with that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Jay&M!!! So coincidental. My fiancé is from the UK and I'm from the states - PA at that! We've both been to and fro visiting each other (since starting the visa process) and neither of us have ever been asked for any of that.

Not trying to tell you to be ill-prepared, he brought his pay slips and a form stating the dates of his uni exams. But they've never asked for anything (they did ask me for proof of my return flight, but I think that's fairly normal for everyone).

Hope this helps, and best of luck!!! -Tori

Timeline

they didnt make a fuss for me either,they asked me when was my last visit to the states,how many times i had been,they asked to see my return ticket,i offered all the proof i had brought with me in a file ( i was nervous too ) mortgage statement,car park ticket at Manchester airport,car and my van registration documents,but she didnt want to see them ! she even smiled and sort of chuckled,i guess she could see i was nervous,its better to take proof just in case but dont worry,they see people everyday visiting fiances and girlfriends,oh and dress smart,clean and looking like you are not coming for a better life ( an immigration officer gave me that advise ) like ASDA say...every little helps ! have a great trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I am relatively new to VJ however I have read a lot of posts over the past 2 months which has proved very helpful!

I am from the UK and my fiancée is from Pennsylvania and we recently sent in the I-129F and have an NOA1 of 25th July.

On the 27th September I am due to fly out to the states (Newark Airport) to attend a wedding of one of our friends for 1 week. This will be my first time entering since filing for the K1. Having read some posts I am aware that there is a risk I will be sent back on the next plane but I am taking the following proof of ties:

- Return flight confirmation

- Letter from my employer confirming my full time employment status as a Project Manager and when I am due to return to work.

- Confirmation of meetings I need to attend in October

Does anyone have any tips or help on how I can make things easier or what to expect at immigration? (I was last in USA in July 2014). I'm very nervous!!

Also, if I am not let through what impact does it have on the K1 visa application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Jay

Hello Jay!!

I have visited my fiancé in the States several times at various stages of the process (Since we first sent the petition, and just last weekend 2 weeks prior to mi visa interview) I had no issues entering the US. I was honest at all times about the purpose of my visit and how long I was going to stay there.

Enjoy your trip, Best Wishes.

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.