Freelibrary

Interview at Manila US Embassy (August 15,2013)

11 posts in this topic

Thank you Lord, visa interview passed!!!! :D

I attended my visa interview today with my fiance. We woke up at 3:00am and left the house at 4:30am. i calculated the time of travel going to the embassy and made sure that we will arrive on time(we're coming from Pasig) at the embassy. We took a bus from Ortigas to LRT (via Ayala) and took a jeepney to UN Ave. since that's the only way i knew to get to the embassy. I suggest for those who will attend their interview in the future to eat before you go since there will be no chance to eat at all while you are inside the embassy (you will be busy looking at the number board and you don't want to miss your number besides, no food and drink is allowed inside the embassy building).

Before you enter the embassy premises, you have to be in the line (always ask the guard where is the line for k1 applicants). We've waited maybe about 20 minutes outside the embassy premises. "Greeters" will announce what are the forms you have to present to them/ needed before you can enter the embassy building (appointment confirmation, ds-156, ds-156k,ds-157 and your passport). They will arrange and staple it together then they will instruct you to enter and go to the waiting area, you will be given a number here too. If you are with your fiance, he will enter in the USC entrance door and you on the immigrant door for security check. After security check, you will go to the windows outside and just present stapled ds forms and appointment letter. You will be instructed to complete the answers on your forms (double check ;) ) and will tell you that a greeter will be available at the waiting area to help you out and if it's already checked and complete you can drop your ds forms and appointment letter on window 39 ( i dont know if i remember the window number right but no worries coz they will tell you which window number it is). Make sure that all your ds forms have answers... Write N/A or NONE on all items that has no answer, do not leave any question unanswered. I wasn't able to write on spouse birthday (since i cant write n/a when i filled it up online and obviously i dont have a spouse yet) but the greeter told be to put n/a there (using my pen). There's another question that i didnt answer, the date for your departure going to the US (i didnt answer since it says on the question "only if known" and in my case i dont know the exact date yet) you have to put a "tentative date" on that portion, in short just put a date! :)

On the waiting area, a greeter will be there and let her check your forms (even you are so sure that you have filled it up correctly) then after she checked your forms, she will instruct you to go to the main building of the embassy and drop it to window 39. And the waiting begins.... You have to wait for your number to flash on the board for everything (biometrics, pre screening, final screening, instructions). In our case, the pre-screening of the Filipino Consul were conducted first before the biometrics. Then the interview of the American Consul and final instructions.

Filipino Consul

1. What is your name?

2. Birthday?

3. Do you have BC,NBI, Cenomar, affidavit of support? (i gave everything to him)

4. How did you meet?

5. When was the first time you meet in person?

6. How many times he visited you?

7. When was the last time he visited you? (I said now, he is sitting there... :D)

8. Are your travel abroad are only for pleasure? (I said no, I worked in Bahrain for almost 6 years)

10. Do you have a police certificate from Bahrain? (Yes) FC, says "good that you have it now otherwise I will ask you to provide" (i just smiled)

The FC says that " your papers are complete and i dont see any problem, you may now take your sit and wait for your number again". All I can say is it was just a breeze.... He might asked me alot of questions but i dont feel any pressure... He was friendly and easy to talk to...

American Consul

She saw my fiance and immediately asked "so, are you the petitioner?" And my fiance says "yes, i am!". The AC, says, "oh that is good then, coz if the fiance is here it makes my life and job easy"

She just let me take the oath and asked me the ff. questions while looking and typing on her computer...

1. How did you meet?

2. Anyone of you is divorced?

3. When did you meet?

4. Where did you work? (I answered Bahrain and she said "so you have your police clearance here...")

5. How many times did you meet?

AC, "so, your visa is approved, just wait for your number to be called for final instructions... Have a sit now". She didn't asked me for any proofs of genuine engagement.

It was a breeze too! After hearing those final words from the AC... I felt relieved and joyful! ::D

Please also note that before the interview, i got so worried and stressed about my Bahrain Police Clearance/ Good Conduct Certificate since it was already more that 1 year expired... But i truly thank God that it doesn't become an issue during my interview. (I have posted topics regarding my Bahrain GCC)

I also met a fellow VJ member at my interview and she passed too! What a happy day for us! :D

God bless you all on your visa journey! :D

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to both of you.

00ce7153ce.png

K1

April 9, 2013 - I129F Sent

April 15, 2013 - NOA1

July 19, 2013 - NOA2

August 13, 2013 - MNL Number Received

September 24, 2013 - Physical Passed

October 22, 2013 - Interview Date - Visa Approved

November 11, 2013 - Visa Received

December 2, 2013 - Arrived in the US

December 30, 2013 - Our Wedding Day

February 7, 2014 - AOS Filed

March 4,2014 - NOA Received for AOS

Wow so happy! That was a great day for us also. We wanted to stand up and shout but had to maintain our composure.

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats !!! I have a question. I also met my fiancee in Bahrain at NSA naval base. I'm filling out the I-129F . Does my fiancee need to provide a Police certificate from Bahrain?. She left Bahrain in 2009.

Congrats !!! I have a question. I also met my fiancee in Bahrain at NSA naval base. I'm filling out the I-129F . Does my fiancee need to provide a Police certificate from Bahrain?. She left Bahrain in 2009.

Is she in Bahrain for more than 6 months??? if yes, she have to provide a Good Conduct Certificate.

If she is here in the Philippines, she can apply a GCC thru the Honorary Consulate of Bahrain here in the Philippines. It will be a long time of waiting so I suggest she should do it now or if she still have friends in Bahrain who can do it for her she can ask them :)

here is the link for the consulate... http://www.bahrainconsulate.com.ph/

PM me if you still need some info.

Have a great day! :D

Thank you all!!!! God bless you on your visa journey!!!

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

congrats :-) what is NBI? Aug 20 is around the coner whoa!

Thnak you!

It's the Police Clearance in the Philippines! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

great news!Congratssmile.png

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

I just need your help regarding the procedures or steps you have taken to acquire your police clearance from Bahrain. Did you file your GCC application in Bahrain consulate in Makati? The problem I had is some documents needed for the certificate has been lost such as my old passport and residence permit I used in Bahrain. My previous employer doesn't have my file anymore??? and not so cooperative in my case. They told me that they keep record only of their employees not less than 2006? how is that possible?

Do you know someone in Bahrain who can assist me in securing a police clearance or who can sponsor me to have a visit visa? The only way I can think of now, is to go back there (even though it will be hard and costly on my part...) just want to make sure that I'll get the certificate as soon as possible so I can be scheduled for interview in US Emb in Manila.

I hope you can shed me some lights on this matter.

Any information you can give, will be such a great help.

Thank you and God Bless you both! :-)

Best Regards,

John

• 1 year later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Two year old thread closed to further comment~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.