9 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of this cover letter? Does anything need to be edited? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Cover Letter

I-485 Petition for Alien Relative

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Nature of the submission: I-485 Petition For [beneficiary name]

06/02/2013

[beneficiary Name] (Beneficiary)

[uS Citizen Name]

[Address]

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find forms I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence) and I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) filed concurrently with supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $1,078 in the form of money order.
- I-485

- Copy of Passport from beneficiary (biographical page and entry stamps)

- Copy of K1 visa in passport

- Copy of I-94 from beneficiary (front and back)

- Copy of original Birth certificate

- Copy of Marriage certificate

- G-325A Biographic Information from [beneficiary Name]

- Two passport style photos of [beneficiary Name]

- Form I-693 (Vaccination Transcript from Civil Surgeon)

- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and supporting documents for [sponsor Name] (Sponsor)

- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and supporting documents for [Co-Sponsor Name] (Co-Sponsor)

- I-765, Application for Employment Authorization for beneficiary.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

Sponsor & Beneficiary

Edited by OverTheSky

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The fee is $1070.

You should also file the I-131 for AP. The fee for it is also waived when filing with a pending I-485. You never know how long it will take to get the green card and what if something comes up and you need to leave the country before the green card approval; AP will allow you to re-enter the US.

You are missing documents for the I-765. Each form needs its own documentation. See this post for a list of what documentation is needed for each form > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Please note that the fee when that was posted was $1010 and the current fee is $1070. Everything else is still correct.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

What do you guys think of this cover letter? Does anything need to be edited? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Cover Letter

I-485 Petition for Alien Relative

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Nature of the submission: I-485 Petition For [beneficiary name]

06/02/2013

[beneficiary Name] (Beneficiary)

[uS Citizen Name]

[Address]

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find forms I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence) and I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) filed concurrently with supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $1,078 in the form of money order.

- I-485

- Copy of Passport from beneficiary (biographical page and entry stamps)

- Copy of K1 visa in passport

- Copy of I-94 from beneficiary (front and back)

- Copy of original Birth certificate

- Copy of Marriage certificate

- G-325A Biographic Information from [beneficiary Name]

- Two passport style photos of [beneficiary Name]

- Form I-693 (Vaccination Transcript from Civil Surgeon)

- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and supporting documents for [sponsor Name] (Sponsor)

- Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and supporting documents for [Co-Sponsor Name] (Co-Sponsor)

- I-765, Application for Employment Authorization for beneficiary.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date.

Sincerely,

Sponsor & Beneficiary

The fee is 1070. You need to include a copy of your NOA2 (i797 notice of approval of the petition) and if your spouse's birth certificate is not in english, it must be translated and notarized along with the statement from the translator... Also filing the I-765 requires its own supporting docs and 2 additonal passport style photos. The supporting files, include: copy of passport biographical page, k1 visa and entry stamp page, i94, and the marriage license copy. So maybe do two different tabs on the cover letter. Check out my signature for the link to my cover letter... also why not send the form g1145 for both? Edited by mtcmk1

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Here's a updated version, I sort of used both Jay-Kay's link and mtcmk1's cover letter as references. Now I have a couple of questions though but let me post the edited cover letter first.

I-485: Petition for Alien Relative

[beneficiary’s Name] Beneficiary 06/02/2013

[Petitioner’s Name] U.S. Citizen Spouse (Petitioner)

[Address]

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Nature of the submission: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence – Original Submission

Concurrently Filing: I-767 Form: Application for Employment Authorization

I-131 Form: Application for Travel Document/Advance Parole

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find forms I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence, I-765: Application for Employment Authorization, and I-131: Application for Travel Document filed concurrently with supporting documents. A payment of $1,070 in form of money order for both Application and the Biometric Service Fee are also included.

Contents include:

- Payment of $1,070 for I-485 and Biometric Service Fees
- I-485 Application to Adjust Status and Supporting Documents:

· G-1145: Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

· Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographical Page

· Copy of Benificiary’s K1 Fiancee Visa with Entry Stamp

· Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 Form (Front and Back Page)

· Copy of Beneficiary’s Birth certificate

· Copy of Marriage certificate

· Copy of I-797 Notice of Action: Approval Notice of Fiancee Petition

· G-325A Biographic Information from [beneficiary Name]

· Two passport style photos of [beneficiary Name]

· Form I-693 (Vaccination Transcript from Civil Surgeon)

· Copy of DS-3025

· Form I-864: Affidavit of Support and Supporting Documents for [sponsor Name]

o Copy of Petitioners U.S. Passport Biographical Page

o Copy of Federal Income Tax Return Transcript for 2009, 2010, 2011

o Letter from [sponsor Name] Employer

o Pay stubs from the most recent four months for [sponsor Name]

o Petitioners Bank Letter

· Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and supporting documents for [Co-Sponsor Name]

o Copy of [Co-Sponsor Name] Birth Certificate

o Copy of [Co-Sponor Name] Natrulization Certificate

o Copy of Federal Income Tax Return Transcript for 2010, 2011, 2012

o Letter from [Co-Sponsor Name] Employer

o Pay stubs from the most recent six months for [Co-Sponsor Name]

o Co-Sponor Bank Letter

- Form I-765: Application for Employment Authorization and Supporting Documents

· Two Passport Style Photos of Beneficiary

· Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographical Page

· Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 Form (Front & Back)

· Copy of Mariage Certificate

- Form I-131: Application for Travel Document and Supporting Documents

· I-131: Applicaton for Travel Document (Advanced Parole)

· Two Passport Style Photos of Benificiary

· Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographical Page and K1 Visa Page

· Copy of Mariage Certificate

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration Officer at a later date.

Signed,

[benificairy’s Signature] [Petitioner’s Signature]

[Print Name] [Print Name]

Beneficiary U.S. Citizen Spouse (Petitioner)

Now here are my questions,

1.Should I use the term Applicant instead of Beneficiary on my cover page?

2. I don't have last years tax transcript since no income was reported for that year, do I need to provide an explanation for this?

3. I've only been working four months in my present job, will it be fine if I only provide four months of pay stubs? Also, do I still need a letter from my employer if I have a co-sponsor?

Edited by OverTheSky

Timeline
Now here are my questions,

1.Should I use the term Applicant instead of Beneficiary on my cover page?

2. I don't have last years tax transcript since no income was reported for that year, do I need to provide an explanation for this?

3. I've only been working four months in my present job, will it be fine if I only provide four months of pay stubs? Also, do I still need a letter from my employer if I have a co-sponsor?

1. Yes.

2. Yes. You need to provide a statement as to why you were not legally required to file taxes for any of the last 3 years you did not.

3. The pay stubs are fine. Letter from employer is not a requirement. It is just one thing that can be used to prove income.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** moving from K1 to AOS from Family Visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a question regarding my Tax transcripts.

For 20010, and 2011 I did file taxes but I did not make over $18,000 (poverty guidelines)

However, my 2012 taxes are clearly over the poverty guidelines and my current job pays me over 35K annually.

Should I be worried at my fiancée's AOS interview?

Thanks

Could someone please provide some clarification?

Thanks

Timeline

I have a question regarding my Tax transcripts.

For 20010, and 2011 I did file taxes but I did not make over $18,000 (poverty guidelines)

However, my 2012 taxes are clearly over the poverty guidelines and my current job pays me over 35K annually.

Should I be worried at my fiancée's AOS interview?

Thanks

Could someone please provide some clarification?

Thanks

Your income last year was enough and your current income is more than enough, so you are good. Just provide your 2012 tax transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs with your I-864. Pretty much the same thing you are doing with the I-134 for the K-1, just that the I-864 asks for you to list your total income from your last 3 years of taxes. Your current income is what is most important. Also, when adjusting from a K-1, she might not even get an interview. Some do, and some don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.