Moon84

BANK STATEMENTS??

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well i m not familiar to the system here so i did not know its not going to affect the credit rating but i m going to fill for ROC almost within a month you think that is not going to be a red flag to open a bank account right now?

Honestly, don't open it just to create evidence. If you guys want to have a joint account - go ahead and get one.

Like other people said here, it's not a requirement. There are other ways to prove bona fide marriage.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, you still should open up a joint account now and get a letter from the bank stating the time the joint account was open. also, if you are unable to get tax transcripts, send in your w-2s along with copies of your income taxes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

yes, you still should open up a joint account now and get a letter from the bank stating the time the joint account was open. also, if you are unable to get tax transcripts, send in your w-2s along with copies of your income taxes.

Thank you guys for replies.

Yes Actually we have accounts from the same bank but not a joint i think we could add each others to the accounts. we are done with tax returns and we going to contact to irs tomorrow to get the transcripts. It takes 5 to 10 days to get it Hopefully we will receive it first week of march so we can send our papers.

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you guys for replies.

Yes Actually we have accounts from the same bank but not a joint i think we could add each others to the accounts. we are done with tax returns and we going to contact to irs tomorrow to get the transcripts. It takes 5 to 10 days to get it Hopefully we will receive it first week of march so we can send our papers.

Good - get those done. Just because you got one of the evidences close to end of 2 years, doesn't mean that you have weak evidence. Adding each other to your bank acounts is one more evidence of your continuing relationship and inter-mixing of finances. If fact it prooves that your relationship is getting stronger. All the best.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

Good - get those done. Just because you got one of the evidences close to end of 2 years, doesn't mean that you have weak evidence. Adding each other to your bank acounts is one more evidence of your continuing relationship and inter-mixing of finances. If fact it prooves that your relationship is getting stronger. All the best.

thank you.

i have a question about it too since me and my wife has the same bank but different accounts if i would like to add her name in my account is that possible to show the date that when i let her name to be in my account ? bec i dont want to get a red flag to add her in my account just right now. my wife also has another account which is more active and her salary goes to this account and the other one which is the same bank as i have she have opened this account bec she have wanted to close the old one

ROC

Timeline

thank you.

i have a question about it too since me and my wife has the same bank but different accounts if i would like to add her name in my account is that possible to show the date that when i let her name to be in my account ? bec i dont want to get a red flag to add her in my account just right now. my wife also has another account which is more active and her salary goes to this account and the other one which is the same bank as i have she have opened this account bec she have wanted to close the old one

You need to be together on a bank account that is more active. There is no purpose in being joint in a non-operational account - it is no good evidence. Decide on the account that has more activity (including any direct deposits of salary) and get that changed to joint and submit a few full latest bank statements (say last 3 months). However if you have enough time, send one full one from the first time it is made joint and the latest full one and that should be fine.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

Timeline

You need to be together on a bank account that is more active. There is no purpose in being joint in a non-operational account - it is no good evidence. Decide on the account that has more activity (including any direct deposits of salary) and get that changed to joint and submit a few full latest bank statements (say last 3 months). However if you have enough time, send one full one from the first time it is made joint and the latest full one and that should be fine.

sorry about my english not to be clear :unsure:

as i mention on the above that she has her own account which is her salary was going to this account(her own). well now she is unemployed and unemployment money goes to this account too (her own)

we also have different accounts from the same bank if i add her in my account which is all my salary are goes to this account,and i pay all bills from this account as well.when i was new in usa she used to give me money to deposit in my account too

do you think that account will work that way?Bec her salary is not gonna show in my account but at least i have paid bills and my salary goes in this account all my payments showing in this account also the money she gave me as well

ROC

Timeline

sorry about my english not to be clear :unsure:

as i mention on the above that she has her own account which is her salary was going to this account(her own). well now she is unemployed and unemployment money goes to this account too (her own)

we also have different accounts from the same bank if i add her in my account which is all my salary are goes to this account,and i pay all bills from this account as well.when i was new in usa she used to give me money to deposit in my account too

do you think that account will work that way?Bec her salary is not gonna show in my account but at least i have paid bills and my salary goes in this account all my payments showing in this account also the money she gave me as well

Here is your best option. You add her account and she adds your account and then send copies of both. Else atleast add her to your and use that.

USA

Timeline

Here is your best option. You add her account and she adds your account and then send copies of both. Else atleast add her to your and use that.

Thank you for your help i appreciated it

i added her in my account is that going to be enough that i have her in my account? or do i have to get some statements from the bank that shows her income goes to the account(our account)? if so my wife salary is not going to be in this account but mine

ROC

Timeline

Thank you for your help i appreciated it

i added her in my account is that going to be enough that i have her in my account? or do i have to get some statements from the bank that shows her income goes to the account(our account)? if so my wife salary is not going to be in this account but mine

As Martyshk mentioned earlier, joint bank accounts is just one of evidence for inter-mixing of finances. So just send a statement that shows both your names on the account - probaly the next statement after making it joint will reflect the names and if you need to file immediately you can get a letter from bank stating that the account has just been made joint and it will be an additional evidence for inter-mixing of finances.

All the best.

USA

Timeline

As Martyshk mentioned earlier, joint bank accounts is just one of evidence for inter-mixing of finances. So just send a statement that shows both your names on the account - probaly the next statement after making it joint will reflect the names and if you need to file immediately you can get a letter from bank stating that the account has just been made joint and it will be an additional evidence for inter-mixing of finances.

All the best.

thanks

i still have 2 weeks to send the package so do you think that would be good enough just to write our names in the account.Even though we would not have any statment yet at least i have the account since i was resident but does not show anything from her side

All i want is to avoid from red flag.

ROC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi

Thanks for ur helpful tips. We got married on June 15,2010 and i have a complete bank statements from jan 2011-present. So my question is - do i need to show them our bank statements since we got married which is 2010?

Hi Moon84,

I saw your questions about the bank statements and read the answers. In general people are not sending much in the way of bank statements.

However a thread just started between two people with RFE's related to bank statements. They are sending all bank statements since marriage and copying ALL pages. The link below will take you to the start of the thread. I wish more people would post there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416328-rfe-bank-statements/

I will file in about a week.

Good Luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

thanks

i still have 2 weeks to send the package so do you think that would be good enough just to write our names in the account.Even though we would not have any statment yet at least i have the account since i was resident but does not show anything from her side

All i want is to avoid from red flag.

In you can't get a letter from bank that the bank accounts has since been made joint within the next 2 week, just send out the application with other evidence and you should be fine. You can always send the bank statements from now till ... in case of a RFE. But be calm, as you should be fine with all your existing evidence.

The guys that got RFE for bank statements probably got it, probably as the bank statements may have been their main evidence of inter-mixing of finances - please note that every case is unique and gets reviewed based on the evidence submitted.

Edited by Navyk

USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.