EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am not yet sure about, whether they issued the visa r not?. below is the email from embassy.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please submit following documents in order to further process this case.

• Orginal valid passport

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section

American Embassy, Islamabad

You should email them and ask whether it is OK to get a week off from work and fly to Islamabad.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Almighty Allah answered our prayers and after 6 months and 9 days in AP, my visa status changed to issued on September 30, 2013. There were rapid date changes from 20, 25,26 and 27 September. I am still waiting for a call from Amex though to collect my passport and visa package.

One journey has ended and another one has begun. I was in AP for only 6 months which is nothing compared to people who have been in AP for years but these 6 months felt like six years. I feel the pain of those in AP. Just have faith in Allah and believe. Miracles do happen even in this time and age.

Thank you all for the support and advice during my hard times. I pray to Allah that may he ease your suffering.

I shall write again once I receive my passport and will also write a POE review once I get to be with my wife.

Congrats Musashii. Our date is March 8th so maybe there's hope for us as well. Good luck with your POE.

Timeline

If you haven't heard we are in what they call a Government Shutdown right now for political reasons here in the States. I did a bit of research to see what effect it would have on the Visa process and this is the information that I found to be consistent. Hopefully it will be a short shutdown and we won't feel the effect of it.

As a fee-based agency, USCIS will continue to accept and process applications and petitions. However, we expect there to be delays in processing, as some support staff may be furloughed and USCIS depends on non-essential agencies for services.

E-Verify will be shut down. According to the Department of Homeland Security, “citizens and U.S. businesses will not be able to access E-Verify, the Internet based system that allows employers to voluntarily determine the eligibility of prospective employees to work in the United States.”

The Department of State confirmed that consular operations domestically and overseas will remain 100% operational as long as there are sufficient fees to support operations. However, this is only expected to last for a few days, after which consular posts will focus solely on diplomatic services and emergency services for American citizens. We expect delays in processing visas, and if there is a prolonged shut down, we expect a cessation of visa processing. During previous shutdowns, business reasons have not qualified for emergency visa processing.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a situation, I am in AP from Sept 2012, send fresh medical,ds-230 and photos on 20 August 2013 as per embassy request. Today i received an email from embassy to submit your passport but i am currently in Saudi Arab bec of my job and will come to Pakistan in December InshAllah.

Is there any official way through which i can send passport from here? or any other advice.

bro its better to come pak now some my relative when got their call for passport so it just take one week for issuing visa so try to come pak

Filed: Timeline

People i have a question if someone could guide me.I had my IR1 interview couple of months back at islamabad.But they didnt ask me for the 2 passport size pictures.Although i had them with me but since nobody asked so i didnt submit.Is this normal?Anyone here who wasnt ask for passport size pics on interview day and got his visa?I was put in AP

People i have a question if someone could guide me.I had my IR1 interview couple of months back at islamabad.But they didnt ask me for the 2 passport size pictures.Although i had them with me but since nobody asked so i didnt submit.Is this normal?Anyone here who wasnt ask for passport size pics on interview day and got his visa?I was put in AP

Timeline

If you haven't heard we are in what they call a Government Shutdown right now for political reasons here in the States. I did a bit of research to see what effect it would have on the Visa process and this is the information that I found to be consistent. Hopefully it will be a short shutdown and we won't feel the effect of it.

As a fee-based agency, USCIS will continue to accept and process applications and petitions. However, we expect there to be delays in processing, as some support staff may be furloughed and USCIS depends on non-essential agencies for services.

E-Verify will be shut down. According to the Department of Homeland Security, citizens and U.S. businesses will not be able to access E-Verify, the Internet based system that allows employers to voluntarily determine the eligibility of prospective employees to work in the United States.

The Department of State confirmed that consular operations domestically and overseas will remain 100% operational as long as there are sufficient fees to support operations. However, this is only expected to last for a few days, after which consular posts will focus solely on diplomatic services and emergency services for American citizens. We expect delays in processing visas, and if there is a prolonged shut down, we expect a cessation of visa processing. During previous shutdowns, business reasons have not qualified for emergency visa processing.

I've been so upset by the government shut down. We've been in AP for over 26 months I think. I check our status daily in hope for an update or a good news and now with the government shut down I'm losing that hope too :(
CvOzm4.png

Timeline

heartandsoul, thank you for letting us know, that truly is unfortunate news...

E-Verify will be shut down. According to the Department of Homeland Security, “citizens and U.S. businesses will not be able to access E-Verify, the Internet based system that allows employers to voluntarily determine the eligibility of prospective employees to work in the United States.”

vMIKm5.png

Timeline

Got an email from the embassy saying they recieved my documents on 9/25 and are waiting review. How long do they take to review the documents... Does anybody know from experience? The documents are for a new co sponsor.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There were so many visas issued right before the shutdown. I have not seen any since the shutdown began. Let's see if they are officially issuing the visa during the shutdown.

Edited by Austin Guy

Timeline

Hello,

My name is Yasir and I have been reading these forums for a couple months. My wife had her interview December 18th. 2012. She was put in AP. Our case status changed dates many times in this past week and today she got a call that her Visa is ready, checked online and it was ready. Thanks to Allah for answering our prayers, it has been a very rough 10 months, but inshAllah we will be together soon. I pray for everyone still on AP and hope you all will be writing a similar msg. soon.

dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

My name is Yasir and I have been reading these forums for a couple months. My wife had her interview December 18th. 2012. She was put in AP. Our case status changed dates many times in this past week and today she got a call that her Visa is ready, checked online and it was ready. Thanks to Allah for answering our prayers, it has been a very rough 10 months, but inshAllah we will be together soon. I pray for everyone still on AP and hope you all will be writing a similar msg. soon.

You got a call from American Express to pick your passport?

when ur status changed date? today?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

is it Issued last week? which date? plz reply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.