EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I just had a quick question. My husbands case has been updating everyday since September 24 to 28. They finally emailed me and asked for new documents like the medical and DS 230 Part 1 and 2. My first question is that does the medical expire exactly after 1 year or do they ask for new medical before it expires because my husbands medical doesnt expire till Nov if it is indeed 1 year expiration date so just curious about that. Also the DS 230 Part 1 i can sign and send back and then my husband signs but the part II say you need to take oath does he just sign it anyways because he signed that part before when he went for his interview and since we have to mail them the documents? Also when I talked to DOS they said i can mail directly to the embassy but the lady sounded very unsure do i have to send it throught AMX or can i directly send it to them at the embassy. I also wanted to congradulate the people that are getting their Visa please pray for me and my husband as our 2 year old really misses his daddy sad.png

Hi Stahir,

It seems positive that they are working on your husband's case and updating it regularly. Medical report is valid for 1 year but it is always good to have a fresh medical exam to get full 6 months visa if the embassy is asking for a new one. It would be wise to follow the embassy instructions.

your husband has to sign both the parts as its clearly stated in the email you received from the embassy. your husband has already took his oath at the time of his intervew when he was asked to sign the first DS-230 application form.Signing both the parts on the the fresh ds-230 application form is fine. No you can not send documents to the embassy directly by post. They have to be sent by their own services like AMX or speedex in some cities. I hope that information helps :) wish you good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i got 2nd email from embassy about resubmitting my medical, pictures, and DS230,,,, first i was real busy with my routine, then 2nd week having fever, 3rd week i could not get appointment, still there i cant get appointment until monday... :( should i write to embassy what is the situation?

Filed: Timeline

Hi, just a quick back ground,

Interview = Islamabad Embassy for CR1 = Jan 18 2013 - As per CO everything seem ok, handed over all original documents and gave green slip. I asked my Passport back as I'm currently resident and working in Europe for past 4 years as I've to fly back to Europe for my job.

yesterday send email for asking an update for case, this is what i received from Embassy, kindly let me know if its generic response or its really something

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that the subject immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict as to how long it still may take. However as soon as this process has completed, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her form DS-230. Please rest assured that this case has neither been forgotten, nor slipped through the cracks.

WE would like you to know that the available medical in the subject immgrant visa case file expires on January 10, 2014. Therefore, the visa issued to him will only be valid upto this date. If applicant wants to have a full six month validity visa, a new medical must be submitted immediately. In addition, we recommend that Mr.(name) now should have his passport returned to our office if he is not using it.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Note: in highlighted paragraph, they mentioned name but spelling was wrong. but in all documents DS-230 spelling is right. so I'm thinking it was a typo error.

My question is that, as I'm currently not in Pakistan as I'm working in Europe, its not possible to returned my passport to Embassy until and unless they say that my visa is ready, as I've to travel back to Pakistan for 1 or 2 week (max leave from Job).

They didn't asked for new DS-230 or police certificate - does that mean they are ready to issue Visa as they only mentioned to send New Medical only if i required six month valid visa.

What should i do ?

Should i go back right now to Pakistan, do my medical and send it to Embassy and let them know that will submit passport only once Embassy confirm visa is ready?

or

should i reply back and tell Embassy that I'm currently not in country and only able to come back and submit passport if Visa is ready, also at same time do the new medical and send it with passport (only if visa is ready before Jan-2014) ?

Kindly advice.

Timeline

nothing yet bro. My wife is still awaiitng her visa. She has been in AP since Feb 2012, last year. She submitted new medical etc this year in feb, and still no visa. I contacted state department via email, and they replied last week that her case is still in AP and they will contact once AP is complete. so nothing helpful. She did see an update on her case 2 days in a row on 18th and 19th. 18th i think was because of the reply embassy gave to the person who was in dept of state. but i dont know why there was an update on her case on 19th morning 9-10 am USA time. so embassy was definitely closed. but ever since, 19th sept update, no updates or any news. Its getting too much. females being in AP for 1.5 years? and that too, embassy has not requested for any other doc or no more interview or field check etc. dont know what they r doing. i assume either they have forgotten about the case, or its pending name check and background check and fingerprinting check etc.

as i mentioned earlier, they kept all her originals at the time of interview last year in feb, even though she asked if she could have them back. and i submitted her passport as well this feb with the new medical and ds230 etc. so im not sure why they are holding onto all our original docs like nikahnama etc? we plan to email embassy in 2 weeks or so, to ask them to return all original documents and her passport, since we both plan to make a vacation trip soon. also, ill request for original docs since we need them for filing for our new borns u.s citizenship at the consulate in karachi. they require all originals so ill have to ask embassy to send those back so atleast my baby can get her u.s passport process started.

do u think that might help my wifes case in anyway? seeing that we have been married now for 2.5+ years, have a new born, who will also be holding u.s passport soon virtue of my status as a u.s citizen. maybe that will trigger something at the embassy to process my wifes immigrant visa? what do u guys think? also, should i mention in the email to embassy when requesting docs that we need passport for travel elsewhere and original docs to file our babys citizenship at karachi consulate?

look fwd to ur replies, and would appreciate feedback from anyone who can. thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Almighty Allah answered our prayers and after 6 months and 9 days in AP, my visa status changed to issued on September 30, 2013. There were rapid date changes from 20, 25,26 and 27 September. I am still waiting for a call from Amex though to collect my passport and visa package.

One journey has ended and another one has begun. I was in AP for only 6 months which is nothing compared to people who have been in AP for years but these 6 months felt like six years. I feel the pain of those in AP. Just have faith in Allah and believe. Miracles do happen even in this time and age.

Thank you all for the support and advice during my hard times. I pray to Allah that may he ease your suffering.

I shall write again once I receive my passport and will also write a POE review once I get to be with my wife.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Timeline

I have a situation, I am in AP from Sept 2012, send fresh medical,ds-230 and photos on 20 August 2013 as per embassy request. Today i received an email from embassy to submit your passport but i am currently in Saudi Arab bec of my job and will come to Pakistan in December InshAllah.

Is there any official way through which i can send passport from here? or any other advice.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a situation, I am in AP from Sept 2012, send fresh medical,ds-230 and photos on 20 August 2013 as per embassy request. Today i received an email from embassy to submit your passport but i am currently in Saudi Arab bec of my job and will come to Pakistan in December InshAllah.

Is there any official way through which i can send passport from here? or any other advice.

You can't send passport through courier. It's prohibited. If you try sending by hand through a friend or relative coming to Pakistan, it can create problems as well. So, better take a 1 week holiday and come to Pakistan for stamping.

Timeline

You can't send passport through courier. It's prohibited. If you try sending by hand through a friend or relative coming to Pakistan, it can create problems as well. So, better take a 1 week holiday and come to Pakistan for stamping.

I am not yet sure about, whether they issued the visa r not?. below is the email from embassy.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please submit following documents in order to further process this case.

• Orginal valid passport

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section

American Embassy, Islamabad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.