aliceyang

need some suggestion!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hello everyone:

I am happy to see so many approval recently. but i am also disappointed to my application. My NOA1 is issued on 1st, May( 145 days till now), but money was chashed on 10th, July(74 days). no touch, no rfe(old form i use). I also want to know if they count the time by the date of Noa1's, if so, i can contact my congressman to help now. I don't know what I can do now.

Alice

04-21-2006: send our I-129F application

05-01-2006: NOA1 Notice date

10-30-2006: touched( got 5 emails about RFE)

11-02-2006: received RFE in the mail

11-07-2006: sent the RFE back

11-15-2006: CSC got our RFE

12-05-2006: touched!!

12-06-2006: touched, also 5 emails, we approved on 5th, Dec.

12-09-2006: NOA2 received in mail

12-26-2006: NVC send to China

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello everyone:

I am happy to see so many approval recently. but i am also disappointed to my application. My NOA1 is issued on 1st, May( 145 days till now), but money was chashed on 10th, July(74 days). no touch, no rfe(old form i use). I also want to know if they count the time by the date of Noa1's, if so, i can contact my congressman to help now. I don't know what I can do now.

Alice

Sorry to hear that, Alice. I would definitely contact your congressman - something isn't right.

Hi Alice, I think if you have not yet even received an rfe you are at a good point to perhaps call on your congressman for help. There appears to be a few unfortunate applications like yours that are languishing in IMBRA limbo. Hang in there, CSC seems to be actively clearing up old cases and approving new ones in good time, so you will hopefully see some action soon!

Have you tried to contact the service center? If so, what if anything did they have to say about your case?

Good luck! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thanks very much Steven_and_Jinky and ready4ONE.

We have called csc last week. someone said they just accept April applicationer's inquiry. So no any information from the call, also tried to write email, but no response. I see so many June's got RFE, so many July's got approval. I am so worried.

Alice

04-21-2006: send our I-129F application

05-01-2006: NOA1 Notice date

10-30-2006: touched( got 5 emails about RFE)

11-02-2006: received RFE in the mail

11-07-2006: sent the RFE back

11-15-2006: CSC got our RFE

12-05-2006: touched!!

12-06-2006: touched, also 5 emails, we approved on 5th, Dec.

12-09-2006: NOA2 received in mail

12-26-2006: NVC send to China

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
thanks very much Steven_and_Jinky and ready4ONE.

We have called csc last week. someone said they just accept April applicationer's inquiry. So no any information from the call, also tried to write email, but no response. I see so many June's got RFE, so many July's got approval. I am so worried.

Alice

One problem you may currently be having is the month you're telling them that you filed. I see from your signature that your NOA1 date is actually in JANUARY, but you said in your post that it was in JULY. If you told them JULY when you called, they would automatically have rejected your inquiry. But If you told them JANUARY, you absolutely have a right to make an inquiry at this point. It's not JUST April filers who have a right to make inquiries now. It's everyone BEFORE April, too. Is this maybe what happened? Did you accidentally tell them the wrong month? If this is a stupid question, forgive me. But it seems from your English you might not be the United States Citizen (USC) in your relationship and therefore may be facing a bit of a language challenge, particularly on the phone. I know all about that and can sympathize since I was in your position for two years when I lived in France.

If you think you made a mistake in telling the service center what month, I would call them back. They technically have to talk to you if you're a January filer. Best of luck!! :thumbs:

Edited by Kirsten L

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.