Trey7Sarah

***Question about the SPUTUM TEST in the Philippines***

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys if any medical that has not been done don't forget to attend your visa interview is very important , it doesn't matter how long it takes the culture , if you attend your schedule without your medical result yet they will give you a form called " 221g to come back to US embassy that's all I know for now . I'm helping my dad too and he has sputum exam this year October 16,17 and 18th and his interview will not missed he still going to his interview but his visa might delay ? Due to his sputum exam we will see. Think positive guys we help our family to come to the US and this is not easy we work hard for our money to help our family in the Philippines so please help me pray that my dad will get his visa soon I need your prayers 🙏🏼Thank you guys and let us pray 🙏🏼

Timeline

Interview is very important so do NOT cancel or call just show up to your interview and no matter what happen about the " sputum exam from medical Saint Luke " just be more patience and wait the culture result takes 8 weeks or whatever just make sure to tell the US embassy about the exam still processing and ask the form called " 221g" ask to come back then they might give you an answer when you be able to receive your visa or make sure to ask to deliver expedite delivery to your home . Don't lose your hope GOD IS GOOD !!! My dad's sputum exam is October 16th , 17th and 18th then his visa interview is on October 19th. Please GOD help my dad to get his visa and help all people that needs your help thank you lord please help us all that go through this process . Please guys pray for this process and if anyone process right now I'll include you in my prayers 🙏🏼GOD IS GOOD !!! Thank you guys please share your sputum exam below thank you !!!! From MN US 🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

Interview is very important so do NOT cancel or call just show up to your interview and no matter what happen about the " sputum exam from medical Saint Luke " just be more patience and wait the culture result takes 8 weeks or whatever just make sure to tell the US embassy about the exam still processing and ask the form called " 221g" ask to come back then they might give you an answer when you be able to receive your visa or make sure to ask to deliver expedite delivery to your home . Don't lose your hope GOD IS GOOD !!! My dad's sputum exam is October 16th , 17th and 18th then his visa interview is on October 19th. Please GOD help my dad to get his visa and help all people that needs your help thank you lord please help us all that go through this process . Please guys pray for this process and if anyone process right now I'll include you in my prayers 🙏🏼GOD IS GOOD !!! Thank you guys please share your sputum exam below thank you !!!! From MN US 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Pinay7900 said:

Guys if any medical that has not been done don't forget to attend your visa interview is very important , it doesn't matter how long it takes the culture , if you attend your schedule without your medical result yet they will give you a form called " 221g to come back to US embassy that's all I know for now . I'm helping my dad too and he has sputum exam this year October 16,17 and 18th and his interview will not missed he still going to his interview but his visa might delay ? Due to his sputum exam we will see. Think positive guys we help our family to come to the US and this is not easy we work hard for our money to help our family in the Philippines so please help me pray that my dad will get his visa soon I need your prayers 🙏🏼Thank you guys and let us pray 🙏🏼

If your dad is completing SPUTUM, you cancel the interview and reschedule once your dad is "clear".   17-18-19 is sputum collection, it will be a maximum of 60 days before results will be known.  If the culture turns positive at any time, then DOT will be necessary which is a 6 month process.

There is no EXPEDITE home delivery for the visa... 2GO delivers at one speed.. ;) 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If your dad is completing SPUTUM, you cancel the interview and reschedule once your dad is "clear".   17-18-19 is sputum collection, it will be a maximum of 60 days before results will be known.  If the culture turns positive at any time, then DOT will be necessary which is a 6 month process.

There is no EXPEDITE home delivery for the visa... 2GO delivers at one speed.. ;) 

Thanks for the respond it doesn't matter the medical the USCIS sent me a letter for my dad's visa interview , if any reasons that visa delay then we have to wait , cuz they are far away from Manila and flight is very expensive so heopefullu after his interview then he has to go back to Saint Luke to continue sputum exam till it clears then he has to reschedule again to go back to embassy to submit his medical result which understandable. We already know the sputum exam takes awhile 8 weeks but interview is very important too ! You have to show up there o matter what !!! Visa will be delay if you don't show up your interview ! Yes there expedite delivery door to door you just have to pay extra ! Wow there's too much stuff to do compared my previous exam before I came to the US lol before it took only 2 weeks process medical exam before interview but now it takes forever ! Lol

well , please pray for my dad hoepfully he will get his visa soon ! Pray to all immigrant visa applicants out there ! God is good ! Just keep praying guys ☝🏼️🙏🏼 16th , 17 and 18 and19th pls lord be there ! Thanks and I love you lord ! 

By the way if any of you guys has processing right now feel free to comments below 👇🏼Thanks again for the respond 👍🏽😊

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

Thanks for the respond it doesn't matter the medical the USCIS sent me a letter for my dad's visa interview , if any reasons that visa delay then we have to wait , cuz they are far away from Manila and flight is very expensive so heopefullu after his interview then he has to go back to Saint Luke to continue sputum exam till it clears then he has to reschedule again to go back to embassy to submit his medical result which understandable. We already know the sputum exam takes awhile 8 weeks but interview is very important too ! You have to show up there o matter what !!! Visa will be delay if you don't show up your interview ! Yes there expedite delivery door to door you just have to pay extra ! TO WHO????   Wow there's too much stuff to do compared my previous exam before I came to the US lol before it took only 2 weeks process medical exam before interview but now it takes forever ! Lol

well , please pray for my dad hoepfully he will get his visa soon ! Pray to all immigrant visa applicants out there ! God is good ! Just keep praying guys ☝🏼️🙏🏼 16th , 17 and 18 and19th pls lord be there ! Thanks and I love you lord ! 

By the way if any of you guys has processing right now feel free to comments below 👇🏼Thanks again for the respond 👍🏽😊

NVC (not USCIS) sent your dad a letter for the visa interview. You contact the embassy to cancel the interview, (or St. Luke's will, they still do that at times, before they always contacted the embassy to cancel).  After your dad is cleared by SLEC and his medical file is forwarded (by SLEC) to the embassy is when you schedule a new appointment.   Yes the interview is important, but you don't show up no matter what, you complete the medical 1st... the interview is cancelled.  It is easy to reschedule the interview.        And "who" are you paying for the expedited delivery of the visa package??   Delivery by 2GO is included with the visa fee.  

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

NVC (not USCIS) sent your dad a letter for the visa interview. You contact the embassy to cancel the interview, (or St. Luke's will, they still do that at times, before they always contacted the embassy to cancel).  After your dad is cleared by SLEC and his medical file is forwarded (by SLEC) to the embassy is when you schedule a new appointment.   Yes the interview is important, but you don't show up no matter what, you complete the medical 1st... the interview is cancelled.  It is easy to reschedule the interview.        And "who" are you paying for the expedited delivery of the visa package??   Delivery by 2GO is included with the visa fee.  

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hi thanks for the respond see you soon visa interview is coming soon we will

see the result !!!! Thanks for the respond !!! 

Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 11:05 PM, Pinay7900 said:

So finally my dad went to his interview today without his medical result because For some reasons he still waiting the result for his sputum exam , after he went to US embassy they told him to go back to Saint Luke to get his complete medical result (clearance ) so I called Saint Luke they told me to wait for the evaluation then maybe wait for 8 weeks to get the result then afterwards he has to do vaccination, but questions are how long it takes to get the exam result ?? I know we have to re schedule the visa interview but the problem is they have to fly back to Mindanao while waiting for the 8 weeks culture for sputum then soon as we get the result for sputum then he has to come to get the result then re schedule for visa interview again its very hassle they don't leave in Manila people that don't live in Manila spend too much money for this process so I need an straight answer to make sure they will give him an answer after 8 weeks or within 8 weeks . Wow I waited this for over two years now I thought if the daughter is full US citizen can get her parents a lot quicker like 8months but not for me I waited over 2 years now . Wow is any of you explain to me why it takes too long to get the medical ??? Any ideas??? 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

So finally my dad went to his interview today without his medical result because For some reasons :huh: he still waiting the result for his sputum exam , after he went to US embassy they told him to go back to Saint Luke to get his complete medical result (clearance ) so I called Saint Luke they told me to wait for the evaluation then maybe wait for 8 weeks :huh: to get the result then afterwards he has to do vaccination, but questions are how long it takes to get the exam result ?? I know we have to re schedule the visa interview :yes: but the problem is they have to fly back to Mindanao while waiting for the 8 weeks culture for sputum then soon as we get the result for sputum then he has to come to get the result then re schedule for visa interview again its very hassle they don't leave in Manila people that don't live in Manila spend too much money for this process so I need an straight answer to make sure they will give him an answer after 8 weeks or within 8 weeks . Wow I waited this for over two years now I thought if the daughter is full US citizen can get her parents a lot quicker like 8months but not for me I waited over 2 years now . Wow is any of you explain to me why it takes too long to get the medical ??? Any ideas???    

You were given straight answers earlier.

Why is the medical taking too long?  Your dad's Xray gave SLEC cause to schedule SPUTUM...   You knew days ago that SPUTUM is roughly an 8 week/60 day process.   You get nothing from St. Luke's until your dad has cleared the TB requirement.

Here is a tip for the SPUTUM culture.. you do NOT want a phone call from SLEC until the end of the 60 days, as that normally means the culture is negative and vaccinations are next.     If SLEC contacts your dad earlier, expect 6 months of DOT for medication.

You could have saved a trip to the embassy today..  :unsure: 

Yes it is annoying, yes it is a hassle .. but that is the process.. IF you want the visa.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
18 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Why is the medical taking too long?  Your dad's Xray gave SLEC cause to schedule SPUTUM...   You knew days ago that SPUTUM is roughly an 8 week/60 day process.   You get nothing from St. Luke's until your dad has cleared the TB requirement.

Here is a tip for the SPUTUM culture.. you do NOT want a phone call from SLEC until the end of the 60 days, as that normally means the culture is negative and vaccinations are next.     If SLEC contacts your dad earlier, expect 6 months of DOT for medication.

Yes it is annoying, yes it is a hassle .. but that is the process.. IF you want the visa.

Well, I am here looking to find someone that can give me good advice not looking to fight or complain or to argue or blame whoever give me advise I do appreciate it your help , but each of us has choice to decide we can't control the government , it is what it is , if it works out then thanks to people who help my dad to get his visa but if it doesn't works then I'll take it either way . 

So far we are waiting for 8 weeks and I already paid for

hotel in advance till October 28th cuz I don't know how long it takes to process the medical and all four people have to fly round trip from Mindanao to Manila and it's too expensive the hotel in Manila and plane ticket too. I really hope  he will get his visa soon . They told me to wait till December 18th for th sputum result. That means they have to go back again to st Luke to get the result and then re schedule for his visa interview at least he showed up the interview but now I am more than patience to wait for this process . I just cling this to the Lord to help me out to solve this problems . Keep praying guys and thank your for  The advices . God bless us all !!!!  Comments below if you have anything to share this thanks !

Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 11:05 PM, Pinay7900 said:

On 10/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, Pinay7900 said:

Well, I am here looking to find someone that can give me good advice not looking to fight or complain or to argue or blame whoever give me advise I do appreciate it your help , but each of us has choice to decide we can't control the government , it is what it is , if it works out then thanks to people who help my dad to get his visa but if it doesn't works then I'll take it either way . 

So far we are waiting for 8 weeks and I already paid for

hotel in advance till October 28th cuz I don't know how long it takes to process the medical and all four people have to fly round trip from Mindanao to Manila and it's too expensive the hotel in Manila and plane ticket too. I really hope  he will get his visa soon . They told me to wait till December 18th for th sputum result. That means they have to go back again to st Luke to get the result and then re schedule for his visa interview at least he showed up the interview but now I am more than patience to wait for this process . I just cling this to the Lord to help me out to solve this problems . Keep praying guys and thank your for  The advices . God bless us all !!!!  Comments below if you have anything to share this thanks !

Please read my attachment below wow talaga someone who applied for tourist visa , she's not a full citizen and she got no jobs in the US . She said she lives poor back home in the Philippines but god blessed her heart to help her mom , her mom applied August then got an interviews October that's means they don't do medical wow that's not fair at all . Is anyone can explain to me why these people got lucky to come to the US whereas these other people struggling to petition their parent like me still waiting for the medical exam " sputum exam " please read below if anyone can tell me why ????and how ? I thought tourist visa has a lot of requirements too like you have to have money but she has no jobs there in the Philippines no money her mom has no money wow how about financial evidence I-864 ??? How about " sputum exam " I'm very stressed cuz my dad got stuck in Manila after her interview back in October 19th they told him to come again December 18th that's not fair at all . Omg lord I just cling this to you . 

Please comments me below 

IMG_0643.PNG

Timeline

Very simple, a tourist visa is not an immigrant visa... different requirements.    And the rest ... that is at the embassy's discretion.  

All you can do is accept the reality ... your dad must complete SPUTUM, if all is clear after that he will get his vaccinations and SLEC will forward his medical record to the embassy... for the interview.

Not rocket science.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 12:12 AM, Hank_ said:

Hi , my dad still waiting his 8 weeks culture and now finally someone from Saint Luke hospital called me regarding about my dad's medical exam to come back to Manila and do another evaluation to check " smears " to see if he is positive or negative ? If someone can response this message or comments below would've appreciated please anyone can help me out ? Thanks .

NOTE : originally they scheduled him to come back December 18th for culture sputum exam but I just got confused now because someone told me this is another evaluation for " smears " so that's why they re scheduled him to come back this November 16th instead of December 18th they told me to disregard the appointment on December 18th. 

If anybody experienced this please feel free to give m an advise or share your stories , I have been struggling here in the US to work hard and help my dad to get his visa soon and I know it's not easy process it takes forever ! I have been waiting this for so long . Thanks 

Timeline

Not sure what "smears" is, have not hear that one before..  which means little.  Gut reaction from others is  - being called by SLEC early is not promising.   

Of course all your questions will be answered when you dad goes to SLEC on the 16th of Nov.

~sorry.. hopefully I am totally out in left field.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline
On 9/24/2011 at 9:38 PM, Phil&Ley said:

Let me tell you, St Lukes is a money pit. They love giving sputum test, because they can charge us, and get some $$$. If they so much as see a spec, on the x-ray, it is an auto Sputum test. They are going to take a culture, and watch it for 8 weeks to see if anything "grows". It is all over the top BS. They let Filipinos come to U.S. all the time, on visitors visa, without even testing for TB. So it a scam, and St. Lukes is just raking in the $$$. Sorry you have to go through this B.S. too........

I would not be overly concerned with your fiance health. Unless she is not feeling well. Weight loss is the key symptom of TB, so unless she is having that, she is fine.

Let me tell you, nearly everything in your post is wrong. It's not about money, there is no extra charge for testing or in the case of a positive test, no charge for 6 months of treatment. It's not BS, not a scam and again not about money. 

TB many times has no recognizable  symptoms for years. This testing saves lives, no doubt about that. Probably saved my wife's life and the lives have all of the men and  women she met while going through DOT. In the Philippines it's a common disease and a deadly disease. 

Edited by bowens44

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not sure what "smears" is, have not hear that one before..  which means little.  Gut reaction from others is  - being called by SLEC early is not promising.   

Of course all your questions will be answered when you dad goes to SLEC on the 16th of Nov.

~sorry.. hopefully I am totally out in left field.

So , question why they called my dad to come back a little early instead December 18th they re scheduled to go back November 16th it is not make any sense at all. I just need an straight answer either positive or negative they have to let me know cuz i get tired of keep sending my dad and 3 other people to accompany him from butuan to Manila it takes forever ! Flight back and forth many times it's not easy to fly and money spent too much it turns into nothing ! I don't want to waste my time on this ! It's getting on my nerves ! I'm very disappointed right now that's I'm not even gonna try this again if this case is denied ! Im tired ! 

do you have any idea why they re scheduled him to come back a little early ??? Why? My dad told me hat they won't release the result until he get to see the doctor in person " sputum evaluation " which is they have done that last October 17, 18, and19th,  i don't know about pulmonary evaluation? And or smear ? Please comments below thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.