yvettencraig

Denial?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all. My husband filed a K3 visa on my behalf. I am just concerned coz my husband's annual income last year is a little below the required income level for our household size of 3. We were advised that we get a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support, which we do have one willing. However we havent read anything about being able to do that with the K3 visa,although I know we can for the I-130. I am planning to go on my interview with the affidavit of support from our willing co-sponsor using the I-184 form. Do you think that would work? Has anyone gone through the same thing?

If it still turns out that I get denied (I pray not)...would they just let us wait for the I-130 until it gets approved? I'm just feeling a li'l helpless right now. I'm still hoping there is a good chance for me to get that K3 visa.

Thanks for reading this post.

Timeline:

I-130

06/09/06 - I-130 sent to CSC

07/05/06 - NOA1 received

09/18/06 - NOA2 received

11/27/06 - DS3032 mailed back to NVC

I-129F

07/10/06 - I-129F sent

07/18/06 - NOA1 for I-129F received

07/31/06 - RFE received

08/25/06 - NOA2 for I-129F received

09/07/06 - Notice from NVC received

Case number assigned

09/13/06 - Pre-interview notice date

11/30/06 - Packet 4 received

01/17/07 - Medical

01/23/07 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your husband and co-sponsor both need to do an I-134 and send them to you for the interview along with supporting documentation.

Note read the instructions included with form I-134.

II. Supporting Evidence.

As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income and/or financial resources to assure that the alien you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the United States.

Evidence should consist of copies of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation.

Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income and/or financial resources may result in the denial of the alien's application for a visa or his removal from the United States.

The Sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from officer of the bank or other fincial institution where you have deposits, giving the following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

3 Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationary, showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid;

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denomination of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Note: Where the instructions says and/or the "OR" means can be one or the other. If your income is sufficient provide them with the evidence that they need, example Copy of last 1-3 years tax returns, past 6 month's pay stubs, and letter from employer.

Tax transcripts are acceptable in place of tax returns.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

yvettencraig,

The anecdotal evidence is that the US consulate in Manilla is rather strict in evaluating the suitability of alternate sponsors. What is the relationship between your fiance and the proposed sponsor?

Yodrak

Hello all. My husband filed a K3 visa on my behalf. I am just concerned coz my husband's annual income last year is a little below the required income level for our household size of 3. We were advised that we get a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support, which we do have one willing. However we havent read anything about being able to do that with the K3 visa,although I know we can for the I-130. I am planning to go on my interview with the affidavit of support from our willing co-sponsor using the I-184 form. Do you think that would work? Has anyone gone through the same thing?

If it still turns out that I get denied (I pray not)...would they just let us wait for the I-130 until it gets approved? I'm just feeling a li'l helpless right now. I'm still hoping there is a good chance for me to get that K3 visa.

Yodrak

But as the OP is married and will be interviewing for the K-3, isnt that treated differently in Manila in regards to joint sponsors??

Lorelle

yvettencraig,

The anecdotal evidence is that the US consulate in Manilla is rather strict in evaluating the suitability of alternate sponsors. What is the relationship between your fiance and the proposed sponsor?

Yodrak

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Lorelle,

I don't know, and agreed that most if not all of the anecdotal evidence is with respect to K1, but I can't think of a reason why K3 would be treated differently. Have you got any reasons in mind?

With regard to the public charge provisions of the law, how is a K3 any different than a K1?

Yodrak

Yodrak

But as the OP is married and will be interviewing for the K-3, isnt that treated differently in Manila in regards to joint sponsors??

Lorelle

yvettencraig,

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Yodrak

I posed the question as from what I have read on the board, those filing K-3 seem to of been able to use a joint sponsor. This one has been throwing me a bit as I had at first assumed it applied to both K visas in Manila.

No difference at all when it comes to the public charge provisions of the law.

Lorelle

Lorelle,

I don't know, and agreed that most if not all of the anecdotal evidence is with respect to K1, but I can't think of a reason why K3 would be treated differently. Have you got any reasons in mind?

With regard to the public charge provisions of the law, how is a K3 any different than a K1?

Yodrak

Yodrak

Lorelle

yvettencraig,

Yodrak

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

aussiewench,

I think that to make a comparison we would need more information than is often provided. Information such as the relationship between the visa applicant and the person being proposed as the sponsor, and the financial 'quality' of the proposed sponsor.

Although, perhaps the consulate in Manilla has experience showing that Fillipina fiancee's disappear into the woodwork more often than Fillipina wives after arriving in the USA in cases where the petitioner has inadequate financial resources. That might be a reason to be less strict in K3 situations. (Just shooting in the dark trying to think of a reason why there could be a difference in attitude.)

Yodrak

Yodrak

I posed the question as from what I have read on the board, those filing K-3 seem to of been able to use a joint sponsor. This one has been throwing me a bit as I had at first assumed it applied to both K visas in Manila.

No difference at all when it comes to the public charge provisions of the law.

Lorelle

Lorelle,

Yodrak

Yodrak

Lorelle

yvettencraig,

Yodrak

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our co-sponsor would be my husband's mother and she works as a nurse and made 86K last year. Would we be allowed to have a co-sponsor on a K3? Also I have a job waiting for me as a nurse, would that help too?

We have taken the advice to prepare I-864 for both petitioner and co-sponsor so I'd be taking with me two types of affidavit of support (I-864 and I-134) on my interview. Do you think that would be enough? What's the probability of a denial?

Thanks!

Timeline:

I-130

06/09/06 - I-130 sent to CSC

07/05/06 - NOA1 received

09/18/06 - NOA2 received

11/27/06 - DS3032 mailed back to NVC

I-129F

07/10/06 - I-129F sent

07/18/06 - NOA1 for I-129F received

07/31/06 - RFE received

08/25/06 - NOA2 for I-129F received

09/07/06 - Notice from NVC received

Case number assigned

09/13/06 - Pre-interview notice date

11/30/06 - Packet 4 received

01/17/07 - Medical

01/23/07 - INTERVIEW

yvettencraig,

In terms of dependability as a sponsor (someone who will actually provide the money should it be needed) your mother-in-law should be the next best thing to your husband. From the limited infromation you provide she sounds like a strong candidate to be sponsor.

How strong is the documentation that you have a job waiting for you? Keep in mind that empty promises are easy to make, and even sincere promises can be altered by changes in circumstances at your future employer's business. (Ask GM and Ford employees.)

Can't answer your final question.

Yodrak

Our co-sponsor would be my husband's mother and she works as a nurse and made 86K last year. Would we be allowed to have a co-sponsor on a K3? Also I have a job waiting for me as a nurse, would that help too?

We have taken the advice to prepare I-864 for both petitioner and co-sponsor so I'd be taking with me two types of affidavit of support (I-864 and I-134) on my interview. Do you think that would be enough? What's the probability of a denial?

Thanks!

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
yvettencraig,

In terms of dependability as a sponsor (someone who will actually provide the money should it be needed) your mother-in-law should be the next best thing to your husband. From the limited infromation you provide she sounds like a strong candidate to be sponsor.

How strong is the documentation that you have a job waiting for you? Keep in mind that empty promises are easy to make, and even sincere promises can be altered by changes in circumstances at your future employer's business. (Ask GM and Ford employees.)

Can't answer your final question.

Yodrak

Thanks!

Yodrak,

If I may, Ford or GM employees, are not nurses; in addition, the lady said she has a job assured as a nurse, and, in another addition, of what i have read, US needs nurses; and, another additional good point, in case she can not get the job there, there are agencies that can hire her as temp...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

knowledge,

True, it was an extreme example and perhaps not a good one. But auto work was an extremely secure occupation only a few years ago, as nursing is today. Things can change, sometimes abruptly.

Even so, the underlying points are valid. People who have a job cannot be sure of having one tomorrow, not even nurses - people who have been promised a job have less assurance that they'll have a job tomorrow.

People who are between jobs need money to live on to carry them over, even nurses.

Granted, in general, nurses who lose their jobs may have an easier time finding a new one than many other occupations. The issue here, however, is not nurses in general but yvette specifically.

Have you seen the documentation supporting yvette's claim to an assured job? Does that documentation look strong to you, or does it have some weaknesses? (The consular officer is not going to make a decision based on claims, they're going to make the decision based on the docmentation that is presented.)

Yvette will be going to the US as a K3 non-immigrant - assured job or not, she won't be working for a few months. Until she is, someone other than her is going to have to pay to feed, clothe, and house her - that someone being an adequate sponsor. Her assured job will be useful if she's working at it when she applies to adjust status, but it may not be very useful for getting her visa.

Yodrak

Yodrak,

If I may, Ford or GM employees, are not nurses; in addition, the lady said she has a job assured as a nurse, and, in another addition, of what i have read, US needs nurses; and, another additional good point, in case she can not get the job there, there are agencies that can hire her as temp...

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
knowledge,

True, it was an extreme example and perhaps not a good one. But auto work was an extremely secure occupation only a few years ago, as nursing is today. Things can change, sometimes abruptly.

Even so, the underlying points are valid. People who have a job cannot be sure of having one tomorrow, not even nurses - people who have been promised a job have less assurance that they'll have a job tomorrow.

People who are between jobs need money to live on to carry them over, even nurses.

Granted, in general, nurses who lose their jobs may have an easier time finding a new one than many other occupations. The issue here, however, is not nurses in general but yvette specifically.

Have you seen the documentation supporting yvette's claim to an assured job? Does that documentation look strong to you, or does it have some weaknesses? (The consular officer is not going to make a decision based on claims, they're going to make the decision based on the docmentation that is presented.)

Yvette will be going to the US as a K3 non-immigrant - assured job or not, she won't be working for a few months. Until she is, someone other than her is going to have to pay to feed, clothe, and house her - that someone being an adequate sponsor. Her assured job will be useful if she's working at it when she applies to adjust status, but it may not be very useful for getting her visa.

Yodrak

Yodrak,

Sure i did not see her papers, we are in a virtual dimension, but talking about real and concrete things such as papers; and I can say something that might help, only based on her words and the participants like you who know more than me; and what she says is that she seems having a strong sponsor based on her income, you agreed with that. We can not see her papers yet also because she is here I understand to help her get the right documentation; thus as for her job paper that she might get to insure her a job there, i do not think it might not help, because that gives an idea that she won't be a burden once in the US, and also shows she took care in advance of the job perspectives. So, if you imply it's not useful, i might not agree.

Again, if the sponsor is solid, that can help for the waiting time once she gets there. So she seems protected on both parts in regards to the financial red flag related 1st to her 1st sponsor.

As for the auto industry, of course it's tragic..and it happens everywhere...but, she is not in this industry...maybe you are? lol

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.