Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It doesn't hurt to contact NVC, I think. He may have a clue how soon his PD would be current if he talks to the right person. Good luck Mr.Longawaiting1. Let us know too what they say. :yes:

well the person you made the suggestion knows MUCH BETTER than that. With respect it seems you're not all too familiar with the National Visa Center - NVC process. THERE is no right person at the NVC who will tel you.. him.. me... when PD will become current .. My cousin's PD and his is about the same... the PD isn't current... hence... NO ACTION. If the PD was current then calling would be necessary... BUT THE NVC WILL NOT ADVISE YOU... KNOW THIS... HE DOES... YOU DON'T.

My case got completed FEB 16 2011 n still haven't received a letter...but hoping to be current before this year ends... PD is JUNE 30th O5

And regarding the unnecessary suggestion.. i know you are familiar with the process by now... we spoke of this 5+ months ago.. good.gif

I agree with you loudoff.

you can call the nvc.. even IF you dont have a case #.. tell them it's a general question. provide a made-up priority date and ask when should interview to me scheduled,.... none will know.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well i understand all the anxiety and one would think if u call the Big and Mighty NVC...u will have an idea of when your PD will become current...But take it from Ricardo, i was like u guys, calling the NVC on a regular basis. Then i get to understand how the system works _ NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA WHEN YOUR PD BECOMES CURRENT.We can only make predictions to satisfy our anxiety. All persons whose case is completed just have to check the visa bulletin every month to see if your date is current. Then u can always call the NVC for further instructions...For the time being make some good predictions folks to give us peace of mind...Good Luck F1...October i believe alot of us will be Bussing out!!!!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Lain ,try to send an email to USCIS and ask them about your case , there was some delay .Try that one :

If you do not see any action on your case, such as an approval, denial or an RFE, by March 1, 2011 you may contact USCIS at: I-130Inquiries.Tsc@dhs.gov

[uote name=Lain' timestamp='1314650522' post='4872708]

Hi guys, joining this long F1 waiting trip too. My PD is October 19 2009, not approved yet, so long wait ahead :(

Hope that finally visa bulletin will start to move, been really frustrating year.

Hi guys, joining this long F1 waiting trip too. My PD is October 19 2009, not approved yet, so long wait ahead :(

Hope that finally visa bulletin will start to move, been really frustrating year.

It took California service center (USCIS) 4 years to approve my I-130 :) So nothing to worry about. Suddenly they sent me RFE for proof of petitioners LPR status(was F2B then). I sent what they asked for and got approved. It was weird as all docs were sent with petition, but USCIS and NVC are famous for loosing important docs.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My case got completed FEB 16 2011 n still haven't received a letter...but hoping to be current before this year ends... PD is JUNE 30th O5

Some one in F4 category got appoinment letter next month even their PD is not current.so i think Mr,longawating call to NVC and asking appoinment atleast you know where you stand in line.

shallom :

someone in visa journey with PD may 1, 2000 F4 got interview…it is surely moving a bit , for now.

Timeline

Some one in F4 category got appoinment letter next month even their PD is not current.so i think Mr,longawating call to NVC and asking appoinment atleast you know where you stand in line.

shallom :

someone in visa journey with PD may 1, 2000 F4 got interview…it is surely moving a bit , for now.

wrong post..headbonk.gifheadbonk.gifheadbonk.gifheadbonk.gif

F1 headbonk.gifF4headbonk.gif

calm that anxiety .. you are now getting off track and confusing people. As of today (9/1/11) the cut off date is 01MAY04 means ONLY those with cases filed prior to that date are being assigned interviews

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

wrong post..headbonk.gifheadbonk.gifheadbonk.gifheadbonk.gif

F1 headbonk.gifF4headbonk.gif

calm that anxiety .. you are now getting off track and confusing people. As of today (9/1/11) the cut off date is 01MAY04 means ONLY those with cases filed prior to that date are being assigned interviews

Stupid what are you doing here....your category F2A and its F1 ppl here....anyway just read below link

http://thevisabulletin.com/2011/08/september-2011-visa-bulletin-with-comments-and-discussion/comment-page-3/

Timeline

Stupid what are you doing here....your category F2A and its F1 ppl here....anyway just read below link

http://thevisabulletin.com/2011/08/september-2011-visa-bulletin-with-comments-and-discussion/comment-page-3/

You crack me (TF) up. I finally was able to make out your language structure..and I will put up with it for your sake only. What I'm saying is making reference with a totally different category is nonsense and won't measure-up. example..F2A cases will be processed faster than any other preferenced category cases therefore should'nt be compared to avoid confusion. An interview assignment to a case in the F4 category has no link to the doc qualified case in the F1 category as processing there are much slower. Consulates are difference and scheduling varies with high visa request.

I'm aware the the topic being F1 but my information is given with measure. Also for the record... My cousin's priority date is before LONG-AWAITING... Her case was completed about october 2010. So before u submit poor structured comments that requires one to be focused.. Just ask.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

You crack me (TF) up. I finally was able to make out your language structure..and I will put up with it for your sake only. What I'm saying is making reference with a totally different category is nonsense and won't measure-up. example..F2A cases will be processed faster than any other preferenced category cases therefore should'nt be compared to avoid confusion. An interview assignment to a case in the F4 category has no link to the doc qualified case in the F1 category as processing there are much slower. Consulates are difference and scheduling varies with high visa request.

I'm aware the the topic being F1 but my information is given with measure. Also for the record... My cousin's priority date is before LONG-AWAITING... Her case was completed about october 2010. So before u submit poor structured comments that requires one to be focused.. Just ask.

MF.....wht ever ur cousin PD.....im just saying F4 person got interview letter even their PD is not current...so i realized to Mr,longawating contact the NVC then they know where he stands...u know wht i mean.

I agree that we should say only about F1 cases!!!! It's like saying I red on VJ that some F2A got interviews and we should start contacting NVC :) Early interview is a big mistake as your medical exam is valid for only 6 mo. moreover you will be called for second interview when your PD becomes current. Interviewing officer will never tell you when PD will be current because they don't know.

Timeline

I dont agree with this statement for a month.....someone in this link also got interview letter their PD sep-2000 and current PD is may-2000 F4 category.....about F1 category let C....Oct/2011 visa bulletin.hope for the best.:-) and prepared for the worst...:-(

Just something out of topic:

There is other forum - Familybased something :) ( I've tried to register there for some discussion few times and never got through. I think they are trying to get rid of people to close it - Just my thought) Can somebody let all F1 know that we are here on VJ and that they can join us so we can make this discussion more interesting.. More people more possibilities to estimate what's ahead of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.