VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarEric & Jacky
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
El Salvador
Bryant & Sofia
K1 Visa
Argentina
P & S
K1 Visa
Canada
Jon & Sheena
K1 Visa
Pakistan
blank avatarMercedes & Richard
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarNikki & Andy
K1 Visa
Haiti
blank avatarR & A
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarPerry & Marjorie
K1 Visa
Philippines
Robinson & Robinson
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Romania

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarJoshua & Lynne
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Singapore
E & E
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarReade & Natalie
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarLee & Trang
K1 Visa
Vietnam
Ddc & Jaw
K1 Visa
India
Amanda & Charlie
K1 Visa
United Kingdom

• Please log in to reply

How long it takes for the N-400 interview??

#1 Mi-Amor

Mi-Amor

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding N-400 interview. Does anyone here already been interviewed or took test for Citizenship? Is the test oral or written? I just had my biometric last Thursday, June 10th 2010, how long it will take to recieve a schedule for test & interview??? Thank you! im so nervous right now that i can't concentrate reading the book they gave me...pls..need some help here... :help:

Mi-Amor

#2 v333k

v333k

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding N-400 interview. Does anyone here already been interviewed or took test for Citizenship? Is the test oral or written? I just had my biometric last Thursday, June 10th 2010, how long it will take to recieve a schedule for test & interview??? Thank you! im so nervous right now that i can't concentrate reading the book they gave me...pls..need some help here... :help:

Mi-Amor

There are three parts to the test.
1. Oral - you need to answer 6 out of 10 question correctly. There is a list of 100 questions that you shouldv'e received a copy when you did your biometrics - or you can obtain a copy in PDF from USCIS website.
2. Reading: They ask you to read a simple sentence
3. Writing: they ask you to write a simple sentence, usually the answer to the reading part.

Example:
The IO will ask you to read: Who lives in the White House?
The IO will ask you to write: "The President lives in the White House.

You need to prepare for the 100 questions or else you will not pass the civics exam.
N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation
06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox
07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance
07/06/11 .. Check cashed
07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter
07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice
08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11
08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.
08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling
09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11
09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled
09/16/11 .. Received interview letter
10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED
10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled
10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

#3 ardilla

ardilla

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hello,
In answer to your question about when the interview will be, it depends on your local office.
But to give you an idea, my husband had his biometrics in late May, then on 6/1 USCIS sent him
his interview letter. The interview is scheduled for 7/12/10 in Minneapolis.

Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey!

There are three parts to the test.
1. Oral - you need to answer 6 out of 10 question correctly. There is a list of 100 questions that you shouldv'e received a copy when you did your biometrics - or you can obtain a copy in PDF from USCIS website.
2. Reading: They ask you to read a simple sentence
3. Writing: they ask you to write a simple sentence, usually the answer to the reading part.

Example:
The IO will ask you to read: Who lives in the White House?
The IO will ask you to write: "The President lives in the White House.

You need to prepare for the 100 questions or else you will not pass the civics exam.

#4 aleful

aleful

Diamond Member

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Mi-Amor

ditto,

It's mostly oral. the officer reviews the N400 and the officer will ask you 6 questions of the 100. if you pass them all, you passed the test.

then you'll have to read a sentence and write the answer.

I read: How many Senators do we have?

she gave me the answer to write: We nave 100 Senators.

don't worry, very easy if you have studied the questions.

#5 warlord

warlord

Platinum Member

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

Hello everyone,

Mi-Amor

There is no time frame when you will be schedualed. It all depends on your individual application, your service center, the amount of backlog where you live and so on. Some have it in a short time while others wait a long time. Unfortunatly there's no generic answer, you will get your interview when they send you a notification.

Now a lot of people say you should contact INS with an info pass if you haven't heard anything after 4 months or so, sometimes this speeds things up and other times it won't. But you can use that as a base to make an appointment at least...
I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US
Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US
Nov - Moved to US
1998-2001
Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN
May - Met future wife at arts fest
Nov - Recieved 6th TN
Nov - Recieved 7th TN
Jul - Our Wedding
Aug - Filed for AOS
Sep - Recieved EAD
Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole
Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card
Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail
Oct - I-751 sent off
Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted
Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived
Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization
Nov - Biometrics done
Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.
Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed
Feb - Oath Letter recieved
Feb - Oath Ceremony
Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.