marklovetina

cancellation/withdrawal of approved K1...

15 posts in this topic

me and my fiance decided to withdraw/ cancel my approved petition, how can we do that... pls. advice to those who experienced cancelling or withdrawing their petition... thank u... :help: :help: :help:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

What happen guys. I hope you guys didn't break-up. I know true love is hard to find. God bless!!

me and my fiance decided to withdraw/ cancel my approved petition, how can we do that... pls. advice to those who experienced cancelling or withdrawing their petition... thank u... :help: :help: :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

just write a follow up letter explaining you want to cancel and send to the location the original was sent to

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Awe, sorry to hear about your decision. You will have to write and sign a letter to USCIS explaining that you no longer wish to continue with the process. Good luck to you.

thank u for the replies here, we really appreciated, but we will refile it again... is it okay to refile k1 by same petitioner to same beneficiary?... pls. need advice.... :help: :help: :help:

to all my friends here in vj we really need to fix things first bcoz its for our future together... thank u soooo much...!!!!

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
thank u for the replies here, we really appreciated, but we will refile it again... is it okay to refile k1 by same petitioner to same beneficiary?... pls. need advice.... :help: :help: :help:

to all my friends here in vj we really need to fix things first bcoz its for our future together... thank u soooo much...!!!!

Have you ever thought of extending the NOA2?

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

If the reason for cancelling is something OTHER than falling out of love,

you should definitely extend the petition (others know more about this)

because when you cancel even if it is mutual there might be an "air" of

fraud assumed, which you are not guilty of (as good VJ members).

If the reason for cancelling is reasonable, it should be reasonable as

well for an extension.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Other Timeline

its up to you if you re file again the k1 but its better to know first your partner physically, emotionally and socially before you re file, and if you decide to cancel the k1 you should make a letter why you cancel the k1 and then go to us embassy submit the letter why you cancel and let them stamp your passport if you have already the k1 visa, if the k1 visa not yet done all the processing better to send letter to embassy to revoked or cancel the k1visa so that for future petition again for another person it will not longer a big problem to the next one. good luck you can PM me here. take care

thank u, but we cant have an extension on our case, we need to start it all over again.... is Cr1 can be one option here?

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

thank u, but we cant have an extension on our case, we need to start it all over again.... is Cr1 can be one option here?

Yes it is a option, BUT you must withdraw the K1 first. Also once you file for CR1 and get approved, be prepared at interview to answer why you withdrew the K1. Best wishes .

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

write a letter to withdraw the 129F and send it to USCIS wait for confirmation and then goto PI to marry and file CR1, the $400 you paid for the 129F is non-refundable...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

• 3 months later...

just want to thank you guys for giving us information on how to cancel petition (us k1)... and now were done with it... it took us 3mons. to heard something from them...

withdrawalnotice.jpg

at least now our 1st petition is already deactivated from their date base...

best regards,

godsgift :thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

just want to thank you guys for giving us information on how to cancel petition (us k1)... and now were done with it... it took us 3mons. to heard something from them...

withdrawalnotice.jpg

at least now our 1st petition is already deactivated from their date base...

best regards,

godsgift :thumbs:

Hi.

Where did you send the withdrawal letter? Is this letter from CIS or NVC or embassy?

--------------

• 2 weeks later...

to ao_cons: sorry just read ur msg. here... honey sent the formal withdrawal letter to US embassy here in the Phil. coz my approved k1 case reached in the US consulate here in my country... after a wk honey got an e-mail from them and me i got that letter after a mon.

godsgift

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.