carlita

how to get my cuban mother-in-law to visit

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

My husband is cuban, I am a us citizen, he has is green card and has been in the US over 1 and 1/2 years. My question is, does anyone know how I can go about getting his mother to come for a visit?

Any info will be appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nothing is filed in the USA. Mother-In-Law is applying for a visitor's visa She filed a DS-156 to the US Consulate or Embassy in home country.

You can provide her with an I-134 to show how she will be supported while visiting.

She will need to provide evidence of strong ties to home country.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your MIL will have to file a application for a tourist visa at the US Interests Section in Cuba. Start by writing a letter to her inviting her to visit the US, the reason for her visit and expressing how her trip will be funded. She will need to show that she has sufficient ties (job, family, property, etc.) to Cuba that she would return instead of remaining in the US illegally after her visitor visa expires.

Cuba-US relationship is unique in that we have the wet foot-dry foot policy. The process outlined above is how most people would go about helping their family get visitor visas.

Best of luck.

Timeline

thanks! I was looking at the US interest section website and it appears that the application can be filled out online, then you send it to them as an attachment and print it out to take to the interview appt. And I have to call the special number to make the appt for 2010!!!??? OK, but no where does it say anything about a letter of invitation nor bank accounts (which hardly any cuban has any money in the bank, or elsewhere, for that matter.) I heard that they are no longer requiring invitation letters. Does anyone know anything about this?

THanks to those who have responded thus far!

Timeline

You are correct that an invitation letter is not required. However, it is a great piece of supporting evidence to tell the US Interests Section that there is an invitation, a reason for the visit and who will pay for the visit.

Imagine a Cuban coming to the US Interests Section and saying I want a visitor visa to the US. US - why? Cuban - My LPR son wants me to visit. US - how are you going to pay for the visit? Cuban - My LPR son and his wife will pay. US - Do you have any proof of what you are saying?

Cuban - I talked to my son. US - that's not proof. How am I suppose to know what your son said? Visa request is denied.

Cuban - Yes. I have a letter from my son inviting me to visit and he said he will pay for it and here are a statement from his bank showing that he can pay for my visit. US - that is good proof.

Timeline

Sorry guys, but you are a little off base; remember that no other country is like Cuba (that I know of anyway) with regards to visas and invitations. Here is what you need to do:

http://embacu.cubaminrex.cu/Default.aspx?tabid=827

all the information that you need is there straight from the source and I think they have a number to call in case you need further help. GOOD LUCK

Timeline
Sorry guys, but you are a little off base; remember that no other country is like Cuba (that I know of anyway) with regards to visas and invitations. Here is what you need to do:

all the information that you need is there straight from the source and I think they have a number to call in case you need further help. GOOD LUCK

How does the website maintained by the Ministerio de Relacines Exteriores de la República de Cuba get her mother a visitor visa to the US?

This site is maintained by the Cuban government.

Her mother wants a visitor visa to the US which can only be issued by the US government.

You are the one that is off base.

Timeline

How does the website maintained by the Ministerio de Relacines Exteriores de la República de Cuba get her mother a visitor visa to the US?

This site is maintained by the Cuban government.

Her mother wants a visitor visa to the US which can only be issued by the US government.

You are the one that is off base.

P.S. The site you provide the link to prominently has a section dedicated to "The Five" who have been "condemned" (the Cuban government's wording) to various prison sentences in US jails. Do you know who they are and what they did? They are Cuban nationals who spied on US citizens on US soil. They provided information that led to the Cuban military shooting down and killing US civilians. The Cuban government has offered a prisoner exchange with the US; the US free the Five in exchange for Cuba releasing its own people being held as political prisoners.

Forgive me for my digression.

Timeline

Having a visa in Cuba means NOTHING, because to leave the country that person needs a letter an invitation letter from the someone residing in the US (or any other country for that matter if planning to go somwhere else) to then apply for an EXIT PERMIT from Cuba. You need both documente before Cuban immigration will let you leave the country... get your facts straight buddy

Timeline

by the way, the link that I provided contains the information for the invitation letter...yes there are many links on that website that contain propaganda WHICH I DON"T CARE ABOUT neither are they the reason why I provided that link. Now I will admit I have don't have all the information she needs to as far as the U.S interest section in Cuba is concerned BUT the link I provided gives her the info she need for the Cuban Carta Blanca/Exit permit.

Timeline
by the way, the link that I provided contains the information for the invitation letter...yes there are many links on that website that contain propaganda WHICH I DON"T CARE ABOUT neither are they the reason why I provided that link. Now I will admit I have don't have all the information she needs to as far as the U.S interest section in Cuba is concerned BUT the link I provided gives her the info she need for the Cuban Carta Blanca/Exit permit.

The first step is the Cuban needs a passport. When you call to make an appointment for the interview, you will be asked for the Cuban's passport info.

• 8 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******* 8 year old zombie thread where Op has not visited in as many years closed.  Please ask your own question in your own thread. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.